Galanes granted change of venue to WRJ

Full story: Brattleboro Reformer

A man accused of sexual assault, stalking, burglary and violating an abuse protection order had his request for a change of venue approved recently.
Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Sep 1, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
flat lander

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 26, 2009
 

Judged:

1

These are some of the problems that super starts have when trying to blend into the crowd. somehow I got a gut feeling that the Windsor court must be easier to escape from or some how could give out lighter sentenced them Windham as strange as it sounds
not a flat lander

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 26, 2009
 
Not only can you not spell or use correct grammar - you obviously cannot read-- nor do you know ANYTHING about the facts (much like everyone else reading this article)!
For instance - did you know the "alleged victim" was John's wife -- the one who asked him to brush his teeth before he "assaulted" her "as strange as it sounds"!!
flat lander

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 26, 2009
 
bad is bad and your a loose with my schooling. I was first in my class and last also in my father's cell not the texting kid that trill your tickle. I brush my teeth and do it without being asked.
Candid

West Dover, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 26, 2009
 

Judged:

1

I am a woman, and I am on the side of John Galanes in this particular case. How cruel to keep him locked up. I hope that the unworthy hag who perjured against him suffers dearly for her crime in the future. There is always Karma to look forward to!
self serving

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 26, 2009
 

Judged:

1

The so called judge says that john is possessed with the so called victim,hardly.It sounds like she is obsessed with John.I know him well he is a decent fellow.He didn't want her in marriage,so she thinks she will get him in divorce.Not a chance.
The Brattleboro informer

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 27, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Candid wrote:
I am a woman, and I am on the side of John Galanes in this particular case. How cruel to keep him locked up. I hope that the unworthy hag who perjured against him suffers dearly for her crime in the future. There is always Karma to look forward to!
Galanes is exactly where he belongs, and will probably remain after trial. Hopefully his new obsession is with his cellmate.
curious

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 27, 2009
 
whatever happened to Ellen Kryger? Is she the reason for the change of venue?
Irked by Ignorance

Woodstock, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 27, 2009
 
flat lander wrote:
These are some of the problems that super starts have when trying to blend into the crowd. somehow I got a gut feeling that the Windsor court must be easier to escape from or some how could give out lighter sentenced them Windham as strange as it sounds
"In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district where in the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence."

As it often happens in a small town, opposite parties became intertwine and confidential information was shared. This is not a way for not only John, but the victim to be treated fairly. What small minds Brattleboro breads. I am glad this has made such amusement for an obviously bored group of people. Let it be.
misunderstood

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 27, 2009
 

Judged:

1

the Brattleboro informer misconstrued who was the one obssessed.It wasn't john it was suposedly the victim.she had to know whwere he was and with whom at all times.this got to be too much for john.very insecure woman.
conan

Jeffersonville, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 27, 2009
 

Judged:

1

why is this news ???? did the reformer really need to print this ??? i don't get it. every week people get trials moved. what is so different that the reformer needed to inform us

Since: Feb 09

Ellicott City, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 29, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Candid wrote:
I am a woman, and I am on the side of John Galanes in this particular case. How cruel to keep him locked up. I hope that the unworthy hag who perjured against him suffers dearly for her crime in the future. There is always Karma to look forward to!
Oh Really? Here's an idea - Why don't you tell me the winning numbers in the next lottery so I can play them, because you seem to just know all these facts about criminal cases that haven't even gone to trial yet - amazing how you do that! Also, can you please give us a class on how to rise to your level of "worthiness", so that all the single ladies out there can learn what it takes to score themselves an abusive, obsessed, compulsive husband with anger management problems? Because now is the perfect time for any interested females to make a move on Galanes: He is single, he has a few dollars in his bank account, he certainly won't be cheating on you or assaulting you, and for at least the next six months you will know exactly where he is at all times. Hurry!- The line will be long, and wait times may vary.
wondering

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 29, 2009
 
I think the writings of the various friends of john have gotten to you. you seem to be very sensitive to what has been said.how do you know so much?were you living in the same house? it sounds like it.from what we all have heard and seen, the victim was obsessed,controlling and very abusive to this very giving ,kind man.after all he allowed you to live in his house with your kids.why would you stay if what you say is true? sleep in the same bed. to be reminded daily. particularly since you were traumatized.god forgive you.
flat lander

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 29, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

to hell with John that guy IRKED said theirs small loafs of bread in brattleboro does anybody know what bakery has this since the court asked me to stop carrying sharp blades and that little loaf would work out great. hey little loaf that's what my dad used to call me when he did call but I guess his phone broke but now with fair point I gave up on that when mom left and said if the phone don't ring it's not me bye you little loaf

Since: Feb 09

Ellicott City, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 29, 2009
 
wondering wrote:
I think the writings of the various friends of john have gotten to you. you seem to be very sensitive to what has been said.how do you know so much?were you living in the same house? it sounds like it.from what we all have heard and seen, the victim was obsessed,controlling and very abusive to this very giving ,kind man.after all he allowed you to live in his house with your kids.why would you stay if what you say is true? sleep in the same bed. to be reminded daily. particularly since you were traumatized.god forgive you.
I don't know where to start, because I am so confused by your sudden mid-paragraph personal pronoun switch. I am not even sure who you are addressing your comments to. Are you babbling at the victim? Were you, John, the victim, and John's friends living in same house when all this happened? Are you high? Sounds like it.
Sarah

Somersworth, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 29, 2009
 

Judged:

1

wondering wrote:
I think the writings of the various friends of john have gotten to you. you seem to be very sensitive to what has been said.how do you know so much?were you living in the same house? it sounds like it.from what we all have heard and seen, the victim was obsessed,controlling and very abusive to this very giving ,kind man.after all he allowed you to live in his house with your kids.why would you stay if what you say is true? sleep in the same bed. to be reminded daily. particularly since you were traumatized.god forgive you.
This sicko belongs behind bars. He violated his wife. She did not deserve the abusive treatment that he did to her. He broke into the house that she was living in and VIOLATED her. This is not how loving and caring men treat their wives. This is a sick man who needs help. It does not matter who owns the house. He had no business being there and he was not welcome. She was not the "obsessed,controlling and very abusive" women that you are making her out to be. She was where she was supposed to be that night, in her bed sleeping. Now it is his turn to stay in his bed where he is supposed to be, in his jail bed. Hopefully he will be violated by one of his cellmates and he will know how it feels.
Sarah

Somersworth, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 29, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

wondering wrote:
I think the writings of the various friends of john have gotten to you. you seem to be very sensitive to what has been said.how do you know so much?were you living in the same house? it sounds like it.from what we all have heard and seen, the victim was obsessed,controlling and very abusive to this very giving ,kind man.after all he allowed you to live in his house with your kids.why would you stay if what you say is true? sleep in the same bed. to be reminded daily. particularly since you were traumatized.god forgive you.
It does not take a rocket scientist to spot a sex offender. Any man who violates a women's rights is a sicko. You don't have to live in the same house. LOOK AT THE FACTS.
hahaha

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 30, 2009
 

Judged:

1

You're all plain NUTS!! hahahaha - it's funny that the ones who point fingers in ridicule against Galanes supporters, are asking always "were you there?" forgetting how utterly STUPID that question is, because FACTOID: they weren't there, either! hahahaha
Sounds to me as though people in the State's Attorney's office were chummy with the ALLEGED victim and based on that ALONE, the case would rightfully be taken from this district and put into another.
Who wrote about Karma? YOU ARE CORRECT !!
It always goes full circle !! hahahaha
Joe

Chester, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 30, 2009
 
why bother with a trail, just hang him, all men are guilty as charged and white woman pure as angels. It's like Mother Teresa against Chalie Manson, like geez no need for a trail, just burn the guy at the stake and be done with it or have hundreds of woman stone him to death.
flat lander

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 30, 2009
 
Charlie Manson was convicted in calf. because if he was caught in Vt. he would have walked and be running a commune chain for those to get started on the soul life experience love and slave style living

Since: Feb 09

Ellicott City, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 30, 2009
 
hahaha wrote:
You're all plain NUTS!! hahahaha - it's funny that the ones who point fingers in ridicule against Galanes supporters, are asking always "were you there?" forgetting how utterly STUPID that question is, because FACTOID: they weren't there, either! hahahaha
Sounds to me as though people in the State's Attorney's office were chummy with the ALLEGED victim and based on that ALONE, the case would rightfully be taken from this district and put into another.
Who wrote about Karma? YOU ARE CORRECT !!
It always goes full circle !! hahahaha
hahaha wrote:
You're all plain NUTS!! hahahaha - it's funny that the ones who point fingers in ridicule against Galanes supporters, are asking always "were you there?" forgetting how utterly STUPID that question is, because FACTOID: they weren't there, either! hahahaha
Sounds to me as though people in the State's Attorney's office were chummy with the ALLEGED victim and based on that ALONE, the case would rightfully be taken from this district and put into another.
Who wrote about Karma? YOU ARE CORRECT !!
It always goes full circle !! hahahaha
What's your point? Are you a Galanes supporter? If you go back and read all the past articles and posts, you will see one common thing being said by all the "Galanes supporters". All they have been doing is trying to make Galanes look good and the victim look bad. Over and over, all they have said is "I know him", "He's a nice guy", "He would never have done that", "The victim is trying to get his money", "The victim is a liar and is trying to screw him over". They are free to say whatever they want, but the reality is, they don't know for a fact that he didn't do it because THEY WEREN'T THERE when it happened. So, essentially, everything they are saying amounts to "He didn't do it, because we say so," which amounts to exactly JACK SHIT in a court of law. On the flipside, the "victim's supporters" are free to say "I know him", "He's an obsessive, compulsive, horrible man", "He has anger issues", "He's abusive and he did it for sure." But, they don't know for a fact that he did do it because THEY WEREN'T THERE when it happened. "He did it, because we say so," also amounts to JACK SHIT in a court of law. That is why criminal justice relies on a little thing called EVIDENCE, because "he said, she said", "we say, they say" isn't really fair, is it? That being said, the burden of proof lies on the victim. The victim must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that what she says happened actually happened. As you can read for yourself, there has been enough evidence for his arrest and indictment, and a strong enough case to keep him locked up until the trial. Furthermore, he exhibited strange behavior in jail by exposing himself to a female C.O., he has never denied the assault happened, and he has never denied any of the evidence against him. If I was a "Galanes supporter", and I had some sense, and I read those things about him, I might start to think, "Hey, maybe Galanes isn't the guy I thought he was," and "Maybe he did do it", and I might start to feel a little stupid and phony if I were to continue to sit here and proclaim his innocence. And you can stick your "Karma" in your ear.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Windsor Discussions

Search the Windsor Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Driving the gauntlet Town along Route 4 collect... (Nov '09) Feb '14 OldVTer 2
H&H Deli (Dec '13) Dec '13 Blue 1
Man pleads guilty in theft of Robert Frost papers (Oct '13) Oct '13 snowbunny 1
Ex-special ed chief claims discrimination (Nov '09) Sep '13 Raphael 8
Newbury, Vermont, 1974 (Sep '13) Sep '13 J Adams 1
The be st we bsite in the world!? (Sep '13) Sep '13 Normand Koskie 1
The secrets to success (Sep '13) Sep '13 Irish Presby 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Windsor Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Windsor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Windsor News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Windsor
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••