Teen's Family Plans Lawsuits In Fatal...

Teen's Family Plans Lawsuits In Fatal Crash

There are 15 comments on the WTIC-TV Hartford story from Nov 23, 2010, titled Teen's Family Plans Lawsuits In Fatal Crash. In it, WTIC-TV Hartford reports that:

The lawyer representing the family of Henry Dang expects to file civil lawsuits against the off-duty Windsor Locks police officer whose car struck and killed the teenager, as well as the officer's father, who was one of the first emergency responders at the scene, and the bar where the officer was drinking before the crash.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTIC-TV Hartford.

WL Mom

Enfield, CT

#1 Nov 23, 2010
Can't wait to see the day this jackwagon gets put away!
Advocate

Woodstock, CT

#2 Nov 24, 2010
WL Mom wrote:
Can't wait to see the day this jackwagon gets put away!
Put away for what? The bicyclist caused the accident!
wl mom

Lawrence, MA

#3 Nov 24, 2010
You're kidding right? Cause if you're not then you must be Koistinen's mom and I feel sorry for you.
WOW

Augusta, ME

#4 Nov 24, 2010
I feel VERY sorry for the Dang family in their loss but I am a little surprised that they immediately got a lawyer this fast. I think I'd be more concerned with burying my son and going through the grieving process than I would retaining a lawyer this fast to get as much money as possible? But maybe that's just me.....
Tax Payer

Windsor, CT

#5 Nov 24, 2010
I hope Koistinen And his father both go to Somers Prison and get the treatment they both deserve.My heart goes out to the Dang family.It makes me sick to see 2 BAD no good rotton cops act like they are the victom.They show zero remorse.The police Chief should be fired for giving these 2 pieces of crap PAID Leave.He should fire these 2 dishonest cops and stand up and do the right thing.I beleive if justice is not served for the Dang family people are going to stand up and say I had enough!!I hope the Dang family sues both cops and anyone else trying to cover this up.Money wont bring Henry back but it will hopefully change the Winsor Locks crooked police ways.If I ran a stop sign they would stick a breatherlizer right in my face so what about them?They have a badge to do what they want?70MPH on that street drunk?Are you kidding me?
Tax Payer

Windsor, CT

#6 Nov 24, 2010
Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Put away for what? The bicyclist caused the accident!
The bike caused the accident?Are you on drugs or just ignorant?Know your facts before you say something so stupid.Have some respect for the Dang family and not the drunken crooked speeding cops that hit the innocent victom!!
Ladybug

Enfield, CT

#7 Nov 24, 2010
WOW wrote:
I feel VERY sorry for the Dang family in their loss but I am a little surprised that they immediately got a lawyer this fast. I think I'd be more concerned with burying my son and going through the grieving process than I would retaining a lawyer this fast to get as much money as possible? But maybe that's just me.....
Most of the time when things like this happen you get letters in the mail from attorneys trying to solicit your case. That may have been the case here. Just sayin, cause I really don't know. However, I would do the same out of anger alone.
Ladybug

Enfield, CT

#8 Nov 24, 2010
Tax Payer wrote:
I hope Koistinen And his father both go to Somers Prison and get the treatment they both deserve.My heart goes out to the Dang family.It makes me sick to see 2 BAD no good rotton cops act like they are the victom.They show zero remorse.The police Chief should be fired for giving these 2 pieces of crap PAID Leave.He should fire these 2 dishonest cops and stand up and do the right thing.I beleive if justice is not served for the Dang family people are going to stand up and say I had enough!!I hope the Dang family sues both cops and anyone else trying to cover this up.Money wont bring Henry back but it will hopefully change the Winsor Locks crooked police ways.If I ran a stop sign they would stick a breatherlizer right in my face so what about them?They have a badge to do what they want?70MPH on that street drunk?Are you kidding me?
I totally agree! They show no remorse whatsoever and it makes me sick to think that Koistinen gets to enjoy the holidays with his family while the Dang family grieves!
WOW

Rochester, NY

#9 Nov 25, 2010
Ladybug wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the time when things like this happen you get letters in the mail from attorneys trying to solicit your case. That may have been the case here. Just sayin, cause I really don't know. However, I would do the same out of anger alone.
Point taken. I hope that's the case.
Lawyer was needed

Broad Brook, CT

#10 Nov 27, 2010
WOW wrote:
I feel VERY sorry for the Dang family in their loss but I am a little surprised that they immediately got a lawyer this fast. I think I'd be more concerned with burying my son and going through the grieving process than I would retaining a lawyer this fast to get as much money as possible? But maybe that's just me.....
Let's be real. Did you see Henry's extensive injuries listed in the arrest warrant. He would not have had that many injuries if he was not hit at an amazing speed (73 MPH, just brings vomit to my throat). Because no arrests were made, at the least a speeding ticket given, if any family member of mine had those extensive injuries, you bet I would get a lawyer. It will not bring their son back but no one should get away with that speed on a town street. I do not care what time of day or night it is. That TEENAGER had no hope. I am sure he looked to see if the way was clear and never saw a car coming because he would never have imagined some idiot would be driving over 70 MPH.

Motor Vehicle Department should revoke this idiot's license. A 911 call stated that they thought he might be drunk. No tests were done but according to testimony in the arrest warrant, he refused both. Doesn't that mean you should lose your license. It is really scary to think that someone who has such little respect for life, drinks for hours, and drives like a maniac still has his license after killing a teenager. You bet, I am angry!!!!
Advocate

Woodstock, CT

#11 Nov 29, 2010
Who says he was going 73 MPH? The cops? And how did they arrive at this figure? Voodoo magic? Don't believe everthing U read. How much did Koistenen have to drink?? Oops? No one knows but him..........so where is your case now?
Lawyer was needed

Broad Brook, CT

#12 Nov 29, 2010
You are right. No one knows but him. I hope he can sleep at night. The state police, investigative team for lawyer, that is who knows. Is he your friend? The arrest warrant does not show all the evidence. I am sure he will have his time in court. That will be interesting to say the least. For the record, Henry was my friend and he is dead. Ignorance is bliss!
AllsFair

Hartford, CT

#13 Nov 30, 2010
"I am sure he looked to see if the way was clear and never saw a car coming because he would never have imagined some idiot would be driving over 70 MPH."
&&I'm thinking just the opposite - he probably didn't look unfortunately. I see this all the time around town - kids walking down the middle of the road while cars are beeping, kids riding their skateboards down the middle of the road while cars are beeping and people are screaming - kids riding their bikes down the middle of the road. They don't pay attention that is a problem ! We are fortunate there are very few accidents involving kids on bikes/skateboards/walking and cars.

"A 911 call stated that they thought he might be drunk" -
&&How could this person that called 911 be certain of that witnessing it from their window, how did they know that he just wasn't staggering around due to hitting his head or something or being a little dizzy from the air bags deploying and hitting him in the head/face

"No tests were done but according to testimony in the arrest warrant, he refused both. Doesn't that mean you should lose your license."
&&Unfortuantely no one suspected him of being drunk - the law states that no tests to check for drunk driving need to be conducted if there is no reason to suspect drunk driving - this is where the WLPD fell apart - that's the first thing they should have suspected.
Lawyer was needed

Broad Brook, CT

#14 Nov 30, 2010
He was drinking all day said his friends. I bet they are not all lying. Henry was a polite teen. I cannot say that he never did anything wrong because I was not with him everyday, every breathing moment but the person was driving over 70 MPH according to the report that is handled by professionals who figure that information out on a daily basis. You can get a ticket on a highway going that fast. I agree some kids/people are very dispectful when they drive bikes/skateboards around town but not all. Does not give anyone the right to drive at 70 miles an hour or above on a 35 MPH road. The officer blamed the teen and said he was going through a red light and came out of nowhere. He was not going through a red light and if you know the area, at 70 MPH or above, the car came out of no where obviuosly at that speed. Cannot wait to see how this plays out. Henry is still dead and not coming back and as I said before, the driver has to live with the truth, whatever that is.
wlmom

Enfield, CT

#15 Dec 6, 2010
Lawyer was needed wrote:
He was drinking all day said his friends. I bet they are not all lying. Henry was a polite teen. I cannot say that he never did anything wrong because I was not with him everyday, every breathing moment but the person was driving over 70 MPH according to the report that is handled by professionals who figure that information out on a daily basis. You can get a ticket on a highway going that fast. I agree some kids/people are very dispectful when they drive bikes/skateboards around town but not all. Does not give anyone the right to drive at 70 miles an hour or above on a 35 MPH road. The officer blamed the teen and said he was going through a red light and came out of nowhere. He was not going through a red light and if you know the area, at 70 MPH or above, the car came out of no where obviuosly at that speed. Cannot wait to see how this plays out. Henry is still dead and not coming back and as I said before, the driver has to live with the truth, whatever that is.
Totally agree! There is a little hill on that street just before the intersection. You can't see the intersection from the top of that little hill and I know that for a fact because I take this road every day! There is NO WAY this guy could have seen what was at the intersection going 73 miles an hour! Duh, isn't that the reason the posted speed limit is 35 miles an hour? Because if you go any faster you may just kill someone because whether they are paying attention or not, you won't be able to stop!! Also, as for the person questioning how they found out how fast he was going, was it voodoo or something, duh on that one too! They have test they conduct to find these things out, including from what I've heard certain cars have airbags that record the rate of speed when it deploys. Not sure on that one but willing to bed it's true. I'm pretty sure just like they couldn't prove he was drunk, they wouldn't declare he was going 73 miles an hour if they weren't sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Windsor Locks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former police officer pleads guilty in Internet... (Apr '08) Jun 21 lavon affair 11
News The Unhealthiest Meals at Chain Restaurants (Jun '15) Jun 21 syllogism 12
News Bill Would Raise Penalties For Careless Drivers... Jun 16 ffctguitar 3
Suffield Bunz Jun 15 Susan 3
Non responsive to residents Jun 15 Ri ck Pinto 1
News Windsor Budget Goes To The Polls Tuesday For 2 ... Jun 9 Jones 1
Truck for sale May '16 Tim1953 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Windsor Locks Mortgages