Machinists Lash Out At Hamilton Sundstrand's New President Over...

Full story: Hartford Courant

The Machinists union at Hamilton Sundstrand lashed out at the company and its new president Tuesday over what the union said was a sudden layoff of 62 hourly workers with little warning.
Comments
1 - 20 of 42 Comments Last updated Nov 10, 2010
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jimmy

East Montpelier, VT

#1 May 6, 2009
Waa waa waa.... union cry babies....grow up and welcome to reality... and join the rest of the working group. Maybe if you worked harder at your jobs instead of complaining and expecting Bellemare to have coffee with you.
downeaster

Ashburn, VA

#2 May 6, 2009
i'm suprised obumma hasn't tried to force utc to fire this president for laying of workers of the world

utc has stayed above the frey, they run a great business and have done so over the years because they don't buckle to the lazy union mentality

keep it up utc and let the put and takes in the shop that call themselves machinist (not many can trig or set up a machine anymore) go elsewhere, there are hundreds to take their places, from all over the usa
Smell the coffee

Newington, CT

#3 May 6, 2009
Jimmy wrote:
Waa waa waa.... union cry babies....grow up and welcome to reality... and join the rest of the working group. Maybe if you worked harder at your jobs instead of complaining and expecting Bellemare to have coffee with you.
When bonuses are paid to executives (millionaires) at the expense of ordiniary workers (layoffs), then
there are problems. The greed factor is way out of control on wallstreet and the board of directors at companies. Why should rank and file workers pay for George David's divorce?
A CT Citizen

Newington, CT

#5 May 6, 2009
The problem with the economy is that All major corporations are afraid of what BHO will do to them, especially how he is strong arming the banks and auto companies. They are all terrified that they are next on the list. The order books for major industrial equipment is dead, no one is buying anything because all are afraid to expand for fear that it will be taken away from them. The aerospace industry was pummelled by the likes of the Democrat congress about execs flying corporate jets. Guess what Hamilton makes, systems for corporate jets. The Union supported these people in the quest to get into/maintain their office and now the chickens have come home to roost. Good Job Union voters, you have succeeded in voting yourselves out of a job and don't expect UTC to go looking to the gov't for a bailout, they would rather harvest the remaining assets then deal with the loss of freedom that the gov't will impose.
Hamilton worker

AOL

#7 May 6, 2009
you clearly have no qlue as to what your talking about!! you sound bitter yourself, i am a layed off worker from hamilton who worked very hard, its the company who out sources our jobs from ct to other countrys which isn't right!! pal keep your mouth shut if you don't know what your talking about.
Hamilton worker

AOL

#9 May 6, 2009
Hamilton worker wrote:
you clearly have no qlue as to what your talking about!! you sound bitter yourself, i am a layed off worker from hamilton who worked very hard, its the company who out sources our jobs from ct to other countrys which isn't right!! pal keep your mouth shut if you don't know what your talking about.
This reply is to jimmy

Since: Apr 09

Tempe, AZ

#10 May 6, 2009
Smell the coffee wrote:
<quoted text>
When bonuses are paid to executives (millionaires) at the expense of ordiniary workers (layoffs), then
there are problems. The greed factor is way out of control on wallstreet and the board of directors at companies. Why should rank and file workers pay for George David's divorce?
Maybe they EARNED THEM!

Since: Apr 09

Tempe, AZ

#11 May 6, 2009
Since Bill Clinton and his gang decided to allow "world economy" to dictate manufacturing, Connecticut has suffered. Unions and their lazy members continue to bleed companies dry. The next jets will be made in China, Poland, and Egypt. Pray that WalMart opens up near you.
Calvin

Granby, CT

#12 May 6, 2009
Jimmy wrote:
Jimmy your a loser... Maybe if you lost your job you wouldnt be so sure they were crybabies.. I worked at hamilton to for two years and lost my job.. you bitch
Calvin

Granby, CT

#13 May 6, 2009
grumpynative wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they EARNED THEM!
When your already living comfortable with figures.. why do you need a bonus?? wether you earned it or not?? Plus they don't "Earn" a bonus.. the workers are the ones who do all the work.. the salary f*cks are the ones sittin back pretty reeping the benefits!
Calvin

Granby, CT

#14 May 6, 2009
grumpynative wrote:
Since Bill Clinton and his gang decided to allow "world economy" to dictate manufacturing, Connecticut has suffered. Unions and their lazy members continue to bleed companies dry. The next jets will be made in China, Poland, and Egypt. Pray that WalMart opens up near you.
Also when the jets are made in CHina Poland and egypt.. I hope and pray your not on that jet when it crashes! Because nothing beats American made and American Pride! Dont be a traitor..
Kathy

Newington, CT

#15 May 6, 2009
Calvin wrote:
<quoted text>
When your already living comfortable with figures.. why do you need a bonus?? wether you earned it or not?? Plus they don't "Earn" a bonus.. the workers are the ones who do all the work.. the salary f*cks are the ones sittin back pretty reeping the benefits!
Calvin, I'm one of the "salary f*cks" you mentioned, and I can tell you I've never seen a bonus in my almost 30 years as a UTC employee. Not all salary is management. I have been laid off before, though, and might be again. I'm truly sorry that it happened to you.
Mike

Pittsfield, MA

#16 May 6, 2009
How is this really a story? Layoffs are happening at every company and seems to be the corporate trendy thing to do. Also it is not like the bonuses were giving out from taxpayer's dollars that the government supplied. Let's have a real story of a corporation that is going against this trend, hiring and marketing to gain market share.
Haddam Ct River

Norwich, CT

#17 May 6, 2009
All those people driving around with "Machinists for Obama" should be bringing this up with their Prez!!! He will save them!
Haddam Ct River

Norwich, CT

#18 May 6, 2009
THat is "Machinists for Obama" bumper stickers...
Liberal Democrat

Ansonia, CT

#19 May 6, 2009
Quit your bitchin' and go get another job. Nothing in life is guaranteed, not even your job.
Hamilton worker

AOL

#20 May 6, 2009
grumpynative wrote:
Sounds like you don't know what your talking about either!,maybe your one of the people that decides to send our jobs out of the country instead of having them made here!! I for one was a hard working union member.

“Great spirits welcome”

Since: Jan 09

portland

#21 May 6, 2009
The corporations in America are the furthest thing from being american today..Greed and execessive pay have driven every job to overseas factories. Not only to not support american labor but to bypass ENVIROMENTAL and LABOR LAWS. They exploit and uses cheap labor to resell these products at higher profits not cheaper prices. American Inovation and Leadership has fallen into the corporate trough of mediocracy and safe. The UTC model of shared partners was watered down the american workers from the most productive in the world to the over paid lazy union slug. The corporations planned these events and blame the american WORKER, as greedy and WE, ruined the economy, buying thing we couldn't afford or living on too much credit. As the gap between the Rich EXECS and the AMERICAN worker grew by 400 percent. Lets OUTSOURCE all EXECS AND BOARDMEMBERS with low pay Indian or chinese execs and pay them pennys on the millions and see how fast the economy turns around. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND.
SIG

Knoxville, TN

#22 May 6, 2009
If you want to keep your job as a "UTC machinist", move to Poland. Otherwise, learn how to build bridges under your Messiah's command.
HC Here

Bethesda, MD

#23 May 6, 2009
But the economy is all better ow - MSNBC and Rachel Maddow have said so. Therefore, it really doesn't matter. Obama made it all better. Don't you feel more secure now?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Windsor Locks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
8 Milo Peck Ln house Aug 27 Ania 1
Irene Macarthur's Descendants? (Feb '09) Aug 18 Vaughn Grant 3
kittens Aug 12 Angela Maringola 2
dentist to avoid !!!!! caution (Feb '08) Jul '14 Shelby 16
Debate: Gay Marriage - Enfield, CT (Jul '10) Jun '14 Berwynn 55
Looking for Lisa Deni May '14 stephanie 1
Searching May '14 Dave 1
•••
•••
•••