Windsor Locks Preservation Group Near...

Windsor Locks Preservation Group Nearing Historic Train Station...

There are 5 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Mar 30, 2009, titled Windsor Locks Preservation Group Nearing Historic Train Station.... In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

The Windsor Locks Preservation Association has gotten eight of the required 11 department approvals from Amtrak to buy the historic station on Main Street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

NewHavenRailroad

Stafford Springs, CT

#1 Mar 30, 2009
Rapture, joy. Foam all over the place.
CT-REZ

Hartford, CT

#2 Mar 31, 2009
And what does the town plan to do with that building ? It's great to buy it to preserve it, but if nothing is done with it, it's just going to deteriorate like it is now.
Kathy

Winston Salem, NC

#3 Apr 1, 2009
As far back as I can remember, the town has been trying to aquire this property. I hope when it is finally in the hands of the town, they will use it for either a really good restaurant where out of towners like myself can dine and/or a unique store of crafts from locals.
John

West Hartford, CT

#4 Apr 5, 2009
I think it would make an excellent model train museum.

Since: Apr 07

Windsor Locks, CT

#5 Apr 7, 2009
I dont think it will be owned by the town but by the non-profit WL Preservation Association. There is a lack of parking so a restaurant would be tough, maybe a coffee shop or welcome center.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Windsor Locks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anti-gambling coalition opposes Bridgeport's MG... Sun America Gentleman... 5
News Metropolitan District Commissioners To Adopt 20... Dec 5 tired consumer 1
Lost black mini schnauzer shitzu mix Nov. 19 Nov 22 Mona Dube 1
Enfield republicans calli ng to harass? Nov '17 james 1
Free Health Fair, Enfield ct Oct '17 Ccwwww 1
Cindy deli Oct '17 Manny 1
Joe Schweitzer hit by car (Dec '08) Sep '17 Crystal 18

Windsor Locks Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Windsor Locks Mortgages