WINDSOR LOCKS: 13-Year-Old Charged In Bomb Threat

Full story: Hartford Courant

Police said that a 13-year-old boy was referred to juvenile court after he made a bomb threat Thursday at Windsor Locks Middle School, Thursday, a one day after Windsor Locks High School was evacuated after a ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Bruce

Berlin, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

The sutdent parents should have to pay for the state police bomb squad.
Mike

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

Judged:

Bruce wrote:
The sutdent parents should have to pay for the state police bomb squad.
Your parents should spring for spelling lessons for you.
Anonymous

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

the 13 year old is not the only involved. he is covering for others as well
Friend of the family

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

If the kid tells on everyone involved then Im sure he will not walk away physically unscathed. Not to mention he will be labeled as a "narc". However, I think he should re-evaluate his so called friends. If the other youths involved had any integrity then they would come forward and stand with the accused.
CT REZ

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

Judged:

Should be tried as an adult. That is nothing to take lightly. That kid has serious problems, wether he was put up to it by his friends or not. I agree with Bruce - make his parents pay for the bomb squad, make his parents pay the electricity/heat at that school for 1/2 day that it had to be on that the students weren't there. And..make those parents go to a parenting class and learn to be a parent !!
Friend of the family

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

Judged:

CT REZ wrote:
Should be tried as an adult. That is nothing to take lightly. That kid has serious problems, wether he was put up to it by his friends or not. I agree with Bruce - make his parents pay for the bomb squad, make his parents pay the electricity/heat at that school for 1/2 day that it had to be on that the students weren't there. And..make those parents go to a parenting class and learn to be a parent !!
Dear CT Rez, if you dont know the family then how can you judge them? You dont know whether or not the parents have gone through parenting classes or even if the family is in counseling? You know nothing about his medical history nor whether or not he was in counseling prior to the incident. Get the facts before you pass judgement. Im not saying that he should get a way with this stunt because I believe he should be responsible for his part in this but 13 years of age is far from being an adult. And anyone with common sense will know that. Not to mention it was a copy cat incident from the previous day that was done at the high school. When I was in high school this stuff happened all the time and that was a long time ago. It still goes on. Kids dont get it yet because they are just that, kids. When I was growing up and if I had done something like that I wouldnt have been beaten for my actions, however, society wont allow you to spank you children when they are little and children should be given "time outs" for their bad behavior, however, "time out dont work for everyone. I brought my daughter up on spankings or the fear of receiving one and she never broke the law or got into serious trouble. But most kids today dont have the fear of punishment because they retaliate with accusing child abuse. So until you know ALL the facts, then reserve your judgement.
High School Parent

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

Judged:

Sorry, but in this day and age, a 13 year old is not a small kid. They are well aware of right and wrong, especially in this era of "zero tolerance" If his parents havent taught him that by now, then they are also responsible for his actions. 13 year olds know how to use the internet, use cell phones, are computer savy.....so dont tell me he had no idea of what he was doing. How do you know in 10 years it wouldnt be real? Better to scare him now and make him accountable for his actions.
Something his parents need to do as well.
Friend of the family

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

Judged:

High School Parent wrote:
Sorry, but in this day and age, a 13 year old is not a small kid. They are well aware of right and wrong, especially in this era of "zero tolerance" If his parents havent taught him that by now, then they are also responsible for his actions. 13 year olds know how to use the internet, use cell phones, are computer savy.....so dont tell me he had no idea of what he was doing. How do you know in 10 years it wouldnt be real? Better to scare him now and make him accountable for his actions.
Something his parents need to do as well.
As I said before, he should be held responsible for his actions for his part in it. And I didnt say he was a small kid. He isnt in highs school yet either. Do you know this 13 year old and or his parents?

Is it that easy for you to pass judgement even when you dont know all the facts or even the people involved?
High School Parent

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

Friend of the family wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said before, he should be held responsible for his actions for his part in it. And I didnt say he was a small kid. He isnt in highs school yet either. Do you know this 13 year old and or his parents?
Is it that easy for you to pass judgement even when you dont know all the facts or even the people involved?
You're a friend of the family...so you cannot be objective. It doesnt matter if he's not in high school. That's irrelevent. He knew what he was doing...period. I dont need to know them, I know what he did was a crime and he needs to know he cant go through life (in this day and age) making bomb threats. And his parents need to also instill accountability in him for his actions. Not become defensive and coddle him and try to make excuses.
Friend of the family

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

High School Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a friend of the family...so you cannot be objective. It doesnt matter if he's not in high school. That's irrelevent. He knew what he was doing...period. I dont need to know them, I know what he did was a crime and he needs to know he cant go through life (in this day and age) making bomb threats. And his parents need to also instill accountability in him for his actions. Not become defensive and coddle him and try to make excuses.
Even though I am a friend of the family doesnt mean I think he should get a way with what he has done and neither do his parents. All I can can say is that there is more to this than what was printed in the news paper and its unfair to judge someone with out all the facts.
High School Parent

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Well feel free to share the facts with us. Otherwise, we are expressing our opinions/viewpoints based on what we know. But I cant imagine any excuse that would justify this kid doing what he did.
Friend of the family

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

I understand what you are saying, however, you are expressing your opinions and view points based on what youve read, not what you know. He hasnt gone to court yet and I cannot give you the info. I can tell you that his mother does NOT want the judge to be lenient. There is no excuse for his actions and will be facing a judge. As he should.
WLocksMiddleScho ol parent

Windsor Locks, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

His 13 year old peers think he's a moron. I believe this concludes all aforementioned arguments.
High School Parent

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

I understand what you are saying, however, you are expressing your opinions and view points based on what youve read, not what you know. He hasnt gone to court yet and I cannot give you the info. I can tell you that his mother does NOT want the judge to be lenient. There is no excuse for his actions and will be facing a judge. As he should.
Well if he's facing a judge, the the judge will provide proper punishment, whatever that may be. And that is all we are saying....that no matter what the age, if you know enough to do the crime, then you face the consequences. People just dont like hearing excuses (ie. he's only 13) when things like this happen. Parents today (for the most part) tend to coddle and protect their kids from everything....even bad decisions made by the child. So hopefully, whatever happens to this 13 year old, he'll think twice before pulling a stunt like this again.
CT REZ

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

<quoted text>
Dear CT Rez, if you dont know the family then how can you judge them? You dont know whether or not the parents have gone through parenting classes or even if the family is in counseling? You know nothing about his medical history nor whether or not he was in counseling prior to the incident. Get the facts before you pass judgement. Im not saying that he should get a way with this stunt because I believe he should be responsible for his part in this but 13 years of age is far from being an adult. And anyone with common sense will know that. Not to mention it was a copy cat incident from the previous day that was done at the high school. When I was in high school this stuff happened all the time and that was a long time ago. It still goes on. Kids dont get it yet because they are just that, kids. When I was growing up and if I had done something like that I wouldnt have been beaten for my actions, however, society wont allow you to spank you children when they are little and children should be given "time outs" for their bad behavior, however, "time out dont work for everyone. I brought my daughter up on spankings or the fear of receiving one and she never broke the law or got into serious trouble. But most kids today dont have the fear of punishment because they retaliate with accusing child abuse. So until you know ALL the facts, then reserve your judgement.
I think I'm allowed to make whatever judgement I want to make - this is America is is not ? Freedom of Speech - ever hear of it ?

Kids get away with way to much these days, that is the problem and it all comes down to the parents and how involved they are in their kids lives...Bottom Line !!!

You said you brought your daughter up on spankings or fear of receiving one and she's a good kid - goes to show - you are an involved parent in your childs life !! That's my point !
Friend of the family

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Judged:

CT REZ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I'm allowed to make whatever judgement I want to make - this is America is is not ? Freedom of Speech - ever hear of it ?
Kids get away with way to much these days, that is the problem and it all comes down to the parents and how involved they are in their kids lives...Bottom Line !!!
You said you brought your daughter up on spankings or fear of receiving one and she's a good kid - goes to show - you are an involved parent in your childs life !! That's my point !
You're right this is America and you have a right to your opinion however uninformed it may be. So let me express my opinion...people who pass judgement without knowing all the facts are just plain ignorant and part of the problem instead of being part of the soluction.
Friend of the family

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Judged:

oops solution
CT REZ

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Judged:

Well since this an open Forum, and that's what Forums are for, to give our opionion on a subject. You are right, I don't know all the details, I can only give my opinion on what is written. So do not tell me I am ignorant and part of a problem. I have 2 beautiful daughters, who have never been in any trouble at all, and I like you (without the threat of spanking) have taught them right from wrong, I am a very involved parent, have a very good relationship with my children, I talk to them, I know their friends, I know what they are doing with whom and when and you know what ? They want me to be like that. So don't tell me I'm a bad person becuase I have an opinion. If you are upset over what you are reading, and what people are expressing, then don't come out here and read it.
Bob the Builder

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Judged:

<quoted text>
Not to mention it was a copy cat incident from the previous day that was done at the high school.
So that makes it ok ? These kids need to learn that if they do stupid things like this they are going to be help accountable for their actions and if that means being sent away from their parents who don't take the time to make their kids understand these things at home then so be it. even if its only for a night, send them to juvie or something just so they know what it's like. scare the crap out of him they wont do it again.
Friend of the family

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Judged:

To CT Rez,

First of all, I never said you were a bad person for having an opinion. What I said is people who pass judgement without knowing all the facts are just plain ignorant and part of the problem. If you interpret ignorance with being a bad person then may I suggest a dictionary.

And good for you for having a good relationship with your daughters. You are a fortunate soul.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Windsor Locks Discussions

Search the Windsor Locks Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
dentist to avoid !!!!! caution (Feb '08) Jul 2 Shelby 16
Debate: Gay Marriage - Enfield, CT (Jul '10) Jun 18 Berwynn 55
Looking for Lisa Deni May '14 stephanie 1
Searching May '14 Dave 1
CT Who do you support for Governor in Connecticut ... (Oct '10) Apr '14 America Gentleman Samuel 780
Debate: Marijuana - Windsor, CT (Aug '10) Apr '14 ganja jim 6
david bartini suffield,ct alcoholic & wifebeate... (Dec '13) Apr '14 Concerned Citizen 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Windsor Locks Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Windsor Locks People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••