Teen Struck and Killed by Off-Duty Officer

Oct 31, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WVIT-TV

A well-liked Windsor Locks teenager, struck and killed while riding his bicycle, is being remembered.

Comments
21 - 30 of 30 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
2Joeker

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

Judged:

joeker wrote:
why did he take off? why did his father even go to the scene?why was the kid riding his bike at midnight, are you kidding me!!! god forbid anyone has to go to the store at midnight to get pampers for the baby, it must be your fault if something happens, not the standup cleancut cop
why did he take off? because he was guilty
why did his father even go to the scene? because he was the on duty seargent and at first he didn't know it was his kid involved
why was the kid riding his bike at midnight? to get home and he needed his bike the next day

god forbid anyone has to go to the store at midnight to get pampers for the baby Huh ? what stores that carry pampers are open at midnight anyway ?
WL TEEN

Windsor Locks, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2010

SpringSTDriver wrote:
My concern now is that his group of friends are hanging around at this intersection until 10:00 at night, yelling at cars as they go by, making cars beep their horns, distracting drivers. It's a very unsafe situation especially at this time of year when it is dark so early on.
I drive through this intersection every night on my way home from work and it worries me to see a large group of kids hanging around that corner. I've seen some of the kids in the road actually carrying a sign and NO.. people are not slowing down any because these kids are there. If anything, they fly through the intersection beeping their horn, because the kids are getting them all cranked up. I understand that one of his friends lives in the house right there, but there are other people that live around there too, other neighbors who may not be appreciative of the kids screaming and cars beeping their horns. I understand they are tormented and mourning, but they need to be respectful too.
I understand mourning, it will take time for these kids to heal, but are they doing this as a tribute to their friend or at this point are they doing it for media attention, and doing it because no one is going to tell them they can't? For a week, I did not see anyone there, now all of a sudden as new news emerges, the news is there every night, the kids are back in droves.
Someone will get hurt there again - guarantee it.
Maybe you should pay more attentiont to he road then us on the side of the street and dont you dare accuse us of wanting media attention 90% of us don't want to be on the news but they keep showing up at the corner obviously. So worry about yourself rather than us and if you don't like it drive home on a different street.
wl teen2

Broad Brook, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2010

in response to springSTdriver. we have been spoken to by many cops, and people from our school..and what we are doing is not wrong at all. we haven't gone out into the road, and there have been no accidents from what we've been doing; TO REMEMBER OUR FRIEND. if you have a problem with what is being done..then maybe you should take another route..because we aren't going anywhere. you claim to know how teenagers mourn? doesn't seem like it at all. there is a group of us who go there everynight, when the news just happen to show up. to say that Henry's best friends are going to a memorial for media attention is just ridiculous. thanks for your input, but it's wrong.
fact

Windsor Locks, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2010

2Joeker wrote:
<quoted text>
why did he take off? because he was guilty
why did his father even go to the scene? because he was the on duty seargent and at first he didn't know it was his kid involved
why was the kid riding his bike at midnight? to get home and he needed his bike the next day
god forbid anyone has to go to the store at midnight to get pampers for the baby Huh ? what stores that carry pampers are open at midnight anyway ?
k.. Cell phone records show; The officer involved in the crash called his fathers personal phone.. BEFORE calling 991. Thats why his father was there. And Valero rt 75 open 24 hours could possibly carry pampers. No need to go on with more details and charges., but theres much more for you to know before you start making comments. Thanks....
WL Parent

Broad Brook, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2010

Spring Street Driver. You are ignorant. Did you ever lose a best friend at the tender age of 15? These kids are grieving and their actions at Henry's memorial were commended by the Dean of their schools who ensured they were being careful. Take another route home because I don't want you crossing that intersection when my child is there.
WLMOM

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2010

Most likely BIG changes coming for WLPD. Alot of things were messed up BIG time on this one. Starting with the Chief of Police, I'm sure.

Justice may be served on this one, but it doesn't make up for what was lost.
Had Enough in WL

New London, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2010

WLMOM wrote:
Most likely BIG changes coming for WLPD. Alot of things were messed up BIG time on this one. Starting with the Chief of Police, I'm sure.
Justice may be served on this one, but it doesn't make up for what was lost.
Employees of the WLPD and the members of the regional investigation team who were from surrounding towns understood the ramifications of their actions and the actions they failed to take. Perhaps what they didn't count on were all the good people of Windsor Locks and other towns who stood up for truth, justice and the American way. Any employee of WLPD or member of the regional team who covered up or evaded their responsibility in this investigation should be fired. A link to the warrant charging Officer Koistinen is available online. Read it and make up your own mind.
joeker

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2010

fact wrote:
<quoted text>
k.. Cell phone records show; The officer involved in the crash called his fathers personal phone.. BEFORE calling 991. Thats why his father was there. And Valero rt 75 open 24 hours could possibly carry pampers. No need to go on with more details and charges., but theres much more for you to know before you start making comments. Thanks....
Cell phone records show; The officer involved in the crash called his fathers personal phone...OK I would call my family right away too if I were in an accident
BEFORE calling 991..um that would be 911
And Valero rt 75 open 24 hours could possibly carry pampers...I just don't understand the whole pampers thing
WLMOM

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2010

Had Enough in WL wrote:
<quoted text>
Employees of the WLPD and the members of the regional investigation team who were from surrounding towns understood the ramifications of their actions and the actions they failed to take. Perhaps what they didn't count on were all the good people of Windsor Locks and other towns who stood up for truth, justice and the American way. Any employee of WLPD or member of the regional team who covered up or evaded their responsibility in this investigation should be fired. A link to the warrant charging Officer Koistinen is available online. Read it and make up your own mind.
I'm not disagreeing with you, I already read the arrest warrant
Ladybug

Windsor Locks, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2010

My question is why is it that this guy's attorney keeps advocating for the fact that his client wasn't drunk. Does it really matter whether or not he was drunk? I mean, the dude was traveling at 73 miles an hour on a 35 mile an hour residential street! He was bound to kill someone whether he was drinking or not!! And about Henry crossing at a red light? In case they didn't know, Henry wasn't on West Street and even if he was, that light on that street doesn't change unless there is a car there. He should be behind bars, his father, and the two other police officers at the scene and the chief of police should lose his job. Just sayin......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Windsor Locks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
8 Milo Peck Ln house Wed Ania 1
Irene Macarthur's Descendants? (Feb '09) Aug 18 Vaughn Grant 3
kittens Aug 12 Angela Maringola 2
dentist to avoid !!!!! caution (Feb '08) Jul '14 Shelby 16
Debate: Gay Marriage - Enfield, CT (Jul '10) Jun '14 Berwynn 55
Looking for Lisa Deni May '14 stephanie 1
Searching May '14 Dave 1
•••
•••

Windsor Locks Jobs