Transgender Singer Files Complaint Ov...

Transgender Singer Files Complaint Over Karaoke Snub

There are 66 comments on the NBC 30 Hartford story from Sep 4, 2008, titled Transgender Singer Files Complaint Over Karaoke Snub. In it, NBC 30 Hartford reports that:

An Enfield woman who used to be a man has filed a complaint with the state after she was not allowed to sing karaoke at a restaurant in Windsor Locks , she said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 30 Hartford.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
WGARA

Hartford, CT

#68 Nov 20, 2008
Who gives a crap about this...Wah..Wah..Wah...so what you couldn't sing. There are millions of people in this country losing their jobs, stock market is crashing and all you can do is whine about yourself !! Get over it !!

Since: Sep 08

Irving, TX

#69 Dec 15, 2008
Annaleigh wrote:
<quoted text>Ct has some issues to deal with.. basically Ct is similar to a troll here in the trans gender threads. CT posts under many different unregistered names...
-
-
here is something god to read.. it seems some f the best well known scientists and doctors might differ with CT.
-
-
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/journals/DeakinL...
-
Dr Hirschfeld was both an endocrinologist and a sexologist. He rationalised that only a biological explanation could reveal the mystery of this strange phenomenon in which the individuals not only wished to live as members of the sex opposite to their phenotypic sex, they actually believed themselves to be of that opposite sex and were prepared to go to great lengths to be accepted as such. He decided to classify the disorder in the newly created intersex nosology,first describing it as “psychic transsexualism” in 1923 in a paper titled,‘Die intersexuelle Konstitution’
-
-
Dr Benjamin strongly supported the view that transsexualism was a form of intersex condition
-
-
Professor Louis Gooren, an endocrinologist and Chair of the only Faculty of Transsexualism in the world, a part of the Free University of Amsterdam and its teaching hospital.It has always been assumed that the sexual differentiation was completed with the formation of the external genitalia. But it is NOT. Since the beginning of this century we have known that the brain, too, undergoes a sexual differentiation
-
-
Professor Milton Diamond, Director of the John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, has probably done more to research the intricacies of sexual formation and identity than any other single person. In a recent paper, he explained the different fundamentals of transgender and transsexualism thus:
Transsexuals, who I believe are intersexed, have the body and genitals of one sex and the brain of the other making reconciliation of their sexual and gender identities problematic. They solve their problems of reconciling, their disparate sexual identity and gender identity, by saying, in essence, "Don't change my mind; change my body."
-
-
Thus, transsexualism is now widely regarded as just another of the biological variations that occur in human sexual formation – an intersex condition. It is about being a particular sex, not doing it. It is also about recognising gender norms, not challenging them. As the Full Court of the Family Court established in the Re Kevin appeal,“transsexual people” should have the same rights as others born with intersex conditions to be regarded for all legal purposes as the men and women they know themselves to be
Thanks for posting the link to this in the other thread for Das. I had not read this thread or comment. I appreciated reading the info and links too.:)
Michelle

AOL

#70 Dec 29, 2008
outdoors man wrote:
Im sure there are plenty gay bars that have Karaoke, now a man becomes a women and is a drama queen and the transgender person is just causing problems, simple use the god dang handicap bathroom. Go to a gay bar or move to S. FL or San Francisco.
well i tell you something im not going to stop because other people are affraid of something they dont understand im not going to run away because of who i am people need to understand it something they need to deal with all my life i was being put down for who i am and im ddone with it im done with running so no im not going to move because someone is affraid of me as far as im concern i am FEMALE
Michelle

AOL

#71 Dec 29, 2008
OK lets get things straight i am 100% female now i live work as a female iam sorry for the ones that wrote neg stuff about me but you all have to understand this i did not wake up one day and say im going to dress as a female and see if i can get away with useing the female bathrooms i known since i was 5 years old whoi am i felt this way all my life i went through many years of gender change therpy and hormone treatment to get where I am and for someone to judge me that realy dont me is not right im not out there to hurt no one im just being true to myself like i say im not the one with the proublem you are im being honest about who iam can you say the same about you people need to take a good look in the mirror and realy see if you like whats looking back at you i dont judge you by the collor of your skin your gender or your religion I am proud of who i am and im not going to stop being me because some of you might have a issue with who i decided to be its time to open your eyes i am here to stay so deal with it and to the people that left nice comments thank you people like you are the ones i call friends and ill leave on this note yes all my ID says FEMALE on it and as far as the womans rest rooms i dont have xray vission there are individual stalls and doors and the dressing rooms are the same way i go in theere to do what i need to do and leave im not going in there to look for a date or to make friends im taking care of buissness Michelle
anonUK

UK

#72 Apr 14, 2009
you people make me sick, bickering back and forth, eeeewwww, i'm intersex and your just this that or another. Get a life man, we're all human i personally know both Intersex and Trans people and have no problem with either, in fact I would go as far as saying that they are a nicer group of people than most 'normal' people. So shut the f*ck up, get a life and get on with it you twisted misguided fools

“Indeed, I am!”

Since: Feb 09

As if it mattered . . .

#73 Apr 14, 2009
enfield resident wrote:
<quoted text>You know I missed this whole news story completly until today,I must say that as a woman it is a bit unsettling for you to use the womens fitting rooms and the rest rooms ,I read the part of where you would get your A** kicked if you went in the mens room,but look at our point I am a small woman and someone as large as you is in my area where I am changing or using the bathroom,how do I know you are not just some rapist dressed up?so look at our perspective as well stop being so selfish...you have to realize you are the different one ,not me so why should I have to go elsewhere?you make us feel unsafe...sorry but that is the truth of it....
Do I understand this correctly, that you are afraid of large women and not necessarily trans women? And you think it's OK for a trans woman to risk being assaulted or raped because they would make you feel uncomfortable if they were in a stall a few doors down from you? Can you define what you mean by the word, "selfish?"

I'm having trouble understanding where you're coming from. Have you had many experiences of large, masculine women that harassed you in a ladies room? Or is this fear irrational and not based in fact at all? I ask because as far as I can tell, no one has ever been harassed by a trans woman in a public ladies bathroom. I say this with a great degree of confidence, since if it had happened, the opponents of the recently discarded bill that adds gender identity and expression to the current nondiscrimination law would have publicized it very loudly and very often.

I certainly hope you haven't fallen for the lies that bunch spouted in their opposition to that bill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Windsor Locks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former police officer pleads guilty in Internet... (Apr '08) 11 hr Seligman 666 15
Desoerply nerf help trying to find work in rras... Aug 29 Louis ruggeruo 1
Chris Powell Editor of the JI investigated for ... Aug 22 RetiredPostalguy 1
After school care? Aug 9 Mom in need 1
Dog Aug 5 Anonymous 1
Place to live Aug 2 Tim1953 1
News The Unhealthiest Meals at Chain Restaurants (Jun '15) Aug 2 INDICT the Sayanim 13

Windsor Locks Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Windsor Locks Mortgages