Transgender Singer Files Complaint Over Karaoke Snub

Full story: NBC 30 Hartford

An Enfield woman who used to be a man has filed a complaint with the state after she was not allowed to sing karaoke at a restaurant in Windsor Locks , she said.
Comments
1 - 20 of 66 Comments Last updated Apr 14, 2009
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Jillian

Plymouth, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Like it would kill them to let her sing...
Kim

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

People are so ridiculously close minded....I hope all the publicity shows his customers what a bigot loser he is and it costs him big time!
makes me laugh

Lebanon, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

What does a sex change have to do with singing karaoke? Its KARAOKE!!! DUH!!
CTintersex

Berlin, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Judged:

It goes to show why intersex people don't want to talk to transgender people. It's because how they act in public and who they are.

I'm an intersex and I don't even like them. I don't like the fact that they diminish and erase the intersex people's experience and upbringing. They use the intersex as a prop to advance their causes and agenda at the expense of the intersex community. They even have been known to use the intersex as an excuse or alibi when someone questions them.
SING OUT

Farmington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

I want to hear you sing!
outdoors man

Ridgewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Im sure there are plenty gay bars that have Karaoke, now a man becomes a women and is a drama queen and the transgender person is just causing problems, simple use the god dang handicap bathroom. Go to a gay bar or move to S. FL or San Francisco.
EMT in Ct

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

What the hell is 'intersex'?
CTintersex

Berlin, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Thanks for the advertising. At least I tell people the truth way better than you. At least I don't spin intersex and erase the intersex community and intersex people's experience

If you want to know what intersex is, read this @
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersexuality

As for Dyss,
Here is his website
http://www.dyssonance.com/
here is what Dyss looks like
http://www.dyssonance.com/...
Racism

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

We have to stop discrimination it is 2008 and everyone deserves to be treated with equal respect regardless of our year too boot!! I have experienced racism thoughout my life for being obese and now that I'm thin it has been so different. It sadness me that people are so judged by their esthetics rather than there personality and soul.
who cares

Burlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Seriously people, are you that unhappy in general that you have to revolve your life on making someone else miserable? Get a grip!!! He is now a woman and can use the woman's facility. CT people are snobs and need to loosen up!!!!
who cares

Burlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

How stupid do you have to be to think that only San Francisco has gays?!!! Are you insecure with your own gender? You must be!! Glad there aren't alot of you around!!!
Racism

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

outdoors man wrote:
Im sure there are plenty gay bars that have Karaoke, now a man becomes a women and is a drama queen and the transgender person is just causing problems, simple use the god dang handicap bathroom. Go to a gay bar or move to S. FL or San Francisco.
All I can say to you is ignorance is a bliss so you must be very happy.
who cares

Burlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

By the way, the last comment was for outdoors man!
mom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Judged:

The article states that he is in the process of changing his sex - if he still has the equipment he should use the handicapped bathroom - both sides need to be sensitive - "Storming" out gives me the sense that there is more to the issue - more like "here I am" dare to try and not like what I am doing. Why did he/she feel it was necessary to try and draw attention - sounds more like a trouble maker of either sex.
Realism

Berlin, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

mom wrote:
The article states that he is in the process of changing his sex - if he still has the equipment he should use the handicapped bathroom - both sides need to be sensitive - "Storming" out gives me the sense that there is more to the issue - more like "here I am" dare to try and not like what I am doing. Why did he/she feel it was necessary to try and draw attention - sounds more like a trouble maker of either sex.
That I can agree with. They are more of a trouble maker and by pulling stunts like that, they are making more allies and they are making more enemies than they do with friends.
Realism

Berlin, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Judged:

I see you need to look in the mirror and need to see the shrink because of your delusional lifestyle.

“Bullish on Equal Rights”

Since: Dec 06

Rocky Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

Realism wrote:
I see you need to look in the mirror and need to see the shrink because of your delusional lifestyle.
Well, Nick, I am pretty much over your childish insults, so just keep on to show the world who you really are. Isn't it interesting that not one single thread that you have posted on has had even one person agree with you? Hmmmmmm....
Pope

Berlin, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

Judged:

What you are doing my child is a sin and you need to confess now before the lord. Confess your sins now, God is watching and he is pissed off at you.
Ct Resident

Berlin, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

If you all want to see what this tranny looks like. The Journal Inquirer as a photo of the he/she IT. and this he/she works and I quote

"Merrill, who works second shift at C & S Wholesale Grocers in Suffield"

Would you want that person looking like that entering the woman's bathroom. I know I wouldn't.

Here is the link to the Journal Inquirer article.
http://www.journalinquirer.com/articles/2008/...

“Bullish on Equal Rights”

Since: Dec 06

Rocky Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

Now which of these women would you not allow in the women's restroom?

http://www.mselizabeth.com/_wizardimages/Eliz...

http://www.donnarose.com/PointFountationGang....

http://www.donnarose.com/The%20Girls.jpg

http://www.donnarose.com/SCC2006_01.jpg

I could keep going, but most of you won't take the time to even look at these. BTW, can you pick out who is transgendered and who isn't? There are some of both!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Windsor Locks Discussions

Search the Windsor Locks Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
dentist to avoid !!!!! caution (Feb '08) Jul 2 Shelby 16
Debate: Gay Marriage - Enfield, CT (Jul '10) Jun '14 Berwynn 55
Looking for Lisa Deni May '14 stephanie 1
Searching May '14 Dave 1
CT Who do you support for Governor in Connecticut ... (Oct '10) Apr '14 America Gentleman Samuel 780
Debate: Marijuana - Windsor, CT (Aug '10) Apr '14 ganja jim 6
david bartini suffield,ct alcoholic & wifebeate... (Dec '13) Apr '14 Concerned Citizen 3
•••
•••
•••
Windsor Locks Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Windsor Locks Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••