A New Kind Of Army Called To Duty -- Courant.com

U.S. Army Staff Sgt. Barry Albert came to on the side of a road, somewhere between Baghdad and Al Hillah. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sum Ting Wong

Shrewsbury, MA

#1 Oct 9, 2007
This is the kind of treatment ALL of our vets deserve.

Thank you Barry
Anthony

Newington, CT

#2 Oct 9, 2007
EXCELLENT story!!
I agree with the first poster, but not with his screenname.
Anyways, it'd be great if they could all get that treatment.
Keifer

Guilford, CT

#3 Oct 9, 2007
What fantastic programs. I am signing up to help in my area.
Sum Ting Wright

Shrewsbury, MA

#5 Oct 9, 2007
This is the kind of treatment ALL of our vets deserve.

Thank you Barry
Lindsay

UK

#6 Oct 10, 2007
It's really nice to hear news like this rather than depressing stories. It's actually heart-warming.
Mrs-Pat

Granby, CT

#7 Oct 10, 2007
where do I sign up! It's the least I can do to thank the brave men and women of our country who chose to fight for MY freedom! Thank you Barry!
Kurt

Branford, CT

#8 Oct 10, 2007
Great story, and be sure to visit the website www.wishuponahero.com
Mrs Smith

Winsted, CT

#9 Oct 10, 2007
Where do we send our donations?
vinny

Suffield, CT

#10 Oct 10, 2007
Mrs-Pat wrote:
where do I sign up! It's the least I can do to thank the brave men and women of our country who chose to fight for MY freedom! Thank you Barry!
why dont those alquaida freakos read this kind of news, they still think america is wicked!!! of all insane people to think of such a thing about america. why is it that the media loves to put in all the bad news and not the good? so glad someone put this in todays paper, front page!!!
that is wonderful. everyone should send a thank you to this person whom they dont even know is in their own neighborhood. i certainly will. this is a true hero right under our noses.; we dont all know all the heros by name but they should know all us americans love and respect every one of them.
Tough Love Mommy

Weatogue, CT

#11 Oct 10, 2007
I think it's great what is being done for the Albert family! Pappy deserves the renovations and support after all he has given for our country. Thank you Pappy! But let's not forget that it's a good idea to enlist the children to do chores. Maybe it's time for the children to step it up, and mow the lawn, shovel the snow, and do other things around the house. My kids certainly did their share of chores growing up, and it's amazing the confidence it brings to their every day life just knowing that they can take care of themselves and contribute to their family. I'd hate to see these children miss out on this because of too much help.
Beautiful

United States

#12 Oct 10, 2007
What an awesome article and an even more wonderful thing to do for the men & women that serve our country everyday. What a refreshing change from the day to day negativity that seems to be plaguing our society. God Bless all.
Thank you to our troops

Hartford, CT

#13 Oct 10, 2007
Thank you Barry for your service to our wonderful country and thank you to all the volunteers helping out. What a beautiful story! This is a perfect example of why I am proud to be an American!
Welcome home ALL veterans

North Kingstown, RI

#14 Oct 10, 2007
Mrs. Smith, you can contact any American Legion Post as ALL of them are collecting for this. The address for the Post in Litchfield is 418 Bantam Road. This site will not let me post the phone number, but it is in your phone book.
CONNECTICUT

Rocky Hill, CT

#15 Oct 10, 2007
TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!

“That's what I'm Saying!”

Since: Oct 07

Cromwell, CT

#16 Oct 10, 2007
When you do contact the Legion, be sure to stress the money is to go to IRAQ VETS OR VETS AFTER 1980. The legion is filled with Vietnam Era vets that sometimes can't understand there are "other" veterans that need help.

Since: Jul 07

Newington, CT

#17 Oct 10, 2007
This story is great!

If you are involved in construction - check out Homes For Troops. My company just helped out in Andover where they built a house for another vet (also an amputee). There are great things going on for our vets!
David Keefe

Johnson City, TN

#18 Oct 10, 2007
Thank you for your service, I now live in Havelock NC home of Cherry Point USMC Air Station. There are several servicemen and women, who have given parts of their bodies for our country. We had on marine who was injured severly, the veterns program had 250,000 set aside for him for a new home, but the business in the community and local people raised 245,000 for the home, only using 5,000 if the intended monies for his home. Very good representation of past VETS getting together to support our next ans present generations of servicemen ans women. GOD Bless this nation and for what it used to stand for, Thank you last bet not least SSGT Barry Albert
from David C Keefe yankeesrus@embarqmail.com
Norm

Wolcott, CT

#19 Oct 10, 2007
Thank you Sgt. Albert for your service to our country. God Bless you and your family

“That's what I'm Saying!”

Since: Oct 07

Cromwell, CT

#20 Oct 10, 2007
Ohh Rahhh--Go Go Go!
Greggory Park

San Diego, CA

#21 Oct 10, 2007
What an excellent program. A big thanks to all of the volunteers who donated their time and materials and heart to make this happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Windsor Locks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Two Enfield Cops Disciplined for Roles in Boat ... Dec 24 Patient sailor 5
Travel Deals scam now in CT (Jun '11) Dec 10 Todd7777 77
Joe Schweitzer hit by car (Dec '08) Dec 5 jeff 17
Small Business Saturday: Corporate Catch Phrase... Nov 30 ZariaandBellas 1
bradley airport terminal delta Nov '14 Larry 1
Nuisance barking Oct '14 Wolfnomore 2
Bridgeport Police Arrest Man Linked To Four Ban... Oct '14 Sir Samuel 1
Windsor Locks Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web