OUR VIEWLoosen Restrictions On Absentee Voting

Feb 18, 2011 Full story: The Hartford Courant 10

One of the ways Connecticut can improve turnout on Election Day is to loosen restrictions on absentee voting.

Full Story
BPT

Middlebury, CT

#1 Feb 18, 2011
i feel there is some fraud with the absentee voting system NOW.(remember acorn) and this will only make this issue worse.

of course, our politicos want it because then it would allow them free reign to the ballot box.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#4 Feb 18, 2011
America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
Good Afternoon Everybody. How are you? All of us including Tippy and her fish are doing just great. Thanks for asking.
A nice warm day today.

Location hidden

#5 Feb 20, 2011
Hi Everybody. How are you? All of us including Tippy and her fish are doing just great. Thanks for asking.
CTPati

East Hartford, CT

#6 Mar 28, 2011
This is a BAD idea! It is an opportunity for voter FRAUD, and also lessens the impact of election day, and the citizen *responsibility* to GO to the polls on that day and VOTE!

Only the physically unable, or those who really can't be there on that day should be able to vote "absentee."

Also, those states with early voting and vote by mail for everyone interfere with the normal process of having every voter have access to all the latest information about the candidates before they vote!
citizen

Clinton, CT

#7 Mar 28, 2011
If this doesn't let good people know what absolute creeps the typical liberal newspeople are, nothing will. Fraudulent absentee ballots are routine in bridgeport- and the hartford courant editors surely know this.

I know of a landlord in the southend who fills out ballots in the name of everyone who has ever lived in his roominghouse. He's been reported, and nothing happens to him. That's democrats for you.

Location hidden

#8 Mar 29, 2011
I agree with Citizen and #7. Great comments. Go in Peace and Praise the LORD, Amen.
citizen

Clinton, CT

#9 Mar 29, 2011
Really, this is just amazing. Inner city politicians in Connecticut are generally corrupt democrats. The Hartford Courant writers could care less that a just result is reached- they just want democrats in place, no matter how it is achieved.
Did anyone else notice how they had the same front page smear article on Linda McMahon every day for months?'Linda McMahon profits from death of wrestlers' was the implication.

Since: Mar 08

Stratford, CT

#10 Mar 29, 2011
citizen wrote:
If this doesn't let good people know what absolute creeps the typical liberal newspeople are, nothing will. Fraudulent absentee ballots are routine in bridgeport- and the hartford courant editors surely know this.
I know of a landlord in the southend who fills out ballots in the name of everyone who has ever lived in his roominghouse. He's been reported, and nothing happens to him. That's democrats for you.
How right you are..what about those absentee ballots from the BPT cemetaries. Proven deceased persons...THEN-ran out of voting ballots sure, right..That was such an obvious ruse to make sure Malloy & all the Dem crooked libtards would get elected. CT is known around the US as "CORRUPTICUT" THE MOST CORRUPT STATE IN THE USA!!! THAT IS FACT!

Since: Mar 08

Stratford, CT

#11 Mar 29, 2011
CTPati wrote:
This is a BAD idea! It is an opportunity for voter FRAUD, and also lessens the impact of election day, and the citizen *responsibility* to GO to the polls on that day and VOTE!
Only the physically unable, or those who really can't be there on that day should be able to vote "absentee."
Also, those states with early voting and vote by mail for everyone interfere with the normal process of having every voter have access to all the latest information about the candidates before they vote!
Great comment

Location hidden

#12 Mar 29, 2011
Vote for Linda in 2012. I wish her luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Windsor Locks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Two Enfield Cops Disciplined for Roles in Boat ... Wed Patient sailor 5
Travel Deals scam now in CT (Jun '11) Dec 10 Todd7777 77
Joe Schweitzer hit by car (Dec '08) Dec 5 jeff 17
Small Business Saturday: Corporate Catch Phrase... Nov 30 ZariaandBellas 1
bradley airport terminal delta Nov 26 Larry 1
Nuisance barking Oct '14 Wolfnomore 2
Bridgeport Police Arrest Man Linked To Four Ban... Oct '14 Sir Samuel 1
Windsor Locks Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web