Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72030 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

ana

London, UK

#41216 Sep 23, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Does one receive a gash on their head from smoke inhalation??
I was being sarcastic... The American media has changed their minds about what has happened more than I can keep up with....

Still don't understand -well I do actually - why the USA would open their embassy during the midst of a civil unrest..... That's just plain irresponsible - or greedy-
ana

London, UK

#41217 Sep 23, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
http://www.israelnationalnews. com/Articles/Article.aspx/1220 8
We were not there, neither was that reporter, I am sure they will only say what suits them...

Doubt truth of what really happened and who was really responsible will ever be disclosed
ana

London, UK

#41218 Sep 23, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>The cow was gone before I got here but I recall some of your posts that indicated he was quite unique. Curious that his posts disappeared.
Hopefully they banned him for being a bigot
ana

London, UK

#41219 Sep 23, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>I saw these news reports a couple of days ago - the only encouraging news to come out of the region. The moderate people deserve far better than to let themselves be cowed by new despots. But honestly, this is the first indication that someone is rising up against radicalism. And true to form, the bullies ran like rats when confronted.
But these people who are being called jihadists - which they aren't they are mindless scum - are the very people Qaddafi was sold weapons to capture and imprison, they are the very same groups who started the uprising in Libya and killed Qaddafi, these so called freedom fighters were supported by the west, glorified by western media, applauded and encouraged

These very same scum bags have been smuggling weapons into the Sahel region and neighbouring countries causing further unrest

Same story happened in Afghanistan with the Russians and the Russian backed government vs the Taliban

These groups in Libya are dangerous
SeasideSoon

Hoschton, GA

#41220 Sep 23, 2012
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
I was being sarcastic... The American media has changed their minds about what has happened more than I can keep up with....
Still don't understand -well I do actually - why the USA would open their embassy during the midst of a civil unrest..... That's just plain irresponsible - or greedy-
ok, I haven't read enough of your posts since you've just joined our happy group to catch the subleties.
As to your question, yes and yes. Although I would go a bit more harsh than just calling it irresponsible. Possibly criminal negligence. "Excuse me, I have to go to a fundraiser and can't miss my interview on the Letterman Show"
SeasideSoon

Hoschton, GA

#41221 Sep 23, 2012
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
We were not there, neither was that reporter, I am sure they will only say what suits them...
Doubt truth of what really happened and who was really responsible will ever be disclosed
I disagree - it will come out eventually. But sadly, most Americans will have returned to their reality shows and won't even remember Stevens' name.
SeasideSoon

Hoschton, GA

#41222 Sep 23, 2012
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
But these people who are being called jihadists - which they aren't they are mindless scum - are the very people Qaddafi was sold weapons to capture and imprison, they are the very same groups who started the uprising in Libya and killed Qaddafi, these so called freedom fighters were supported by the west, glorified by western media, applauded and encouraged
These very same scum bags have been smuggling weapons into the Sahel region and neighbouring countries causing further unrest
Same story happened in Afghanistan with the Russians and the Russian backed government vs the Taliban
These groups in Libya are dangerous
Well everybody needs a label to sort out the players. I thought the jihadists self-identified as jihadists. When I first started hearing about the Libyan uprising, I felt it was too simple to label these people as freedom fighters. We've been down that road too many times for anyone that is even vaguely aware of world events to fall for it. Same thing in Egypt - the administration rushed in to get rid of Mubarak and side with the 'freedom fighters'. Another example of thinking that you can reason with rabid dogs. It just shows weakness and a koombaya world-view on the part of our government.

What did you think of the abortive uprising in Iran during which Obama was strangely silent?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#41223 Sep 23, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>I saw these news reports a couple of days ago - the only encouraging news to come out of the region. The moderate people deserve far better than to let themselves be cowed by new despots. But honestly, this is the first indication that someone is rising up against radicalism. And true to form, the bullies ran like rats when confronted.
rabbee: i think, it was staged. got away clean, without a shot being fired. anything too good to be true, most likely is. come on, there up to something. probably more like saving, the foreign aid big bucks. you want to trust muslems, you go ahead. i rather trust, in G-D only.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#41224 Sep 23, 2012
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
In The Uk that would be classified as manslaughter ...
I'm of the opinion the American embassy should not have been there in the first place , how foolish , but USA is greedy for oil so they wilfully endanger the lives of their consular staff, and put them in the middle of a civil conflict
Was the US embassy guarded at all, was there no suffering security??
rabbee: yeah what the hell you going to do, with one bullet on guard duty?
ana

London, UK

#41225 Sep 23, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>ok, I haven't read enough of your posts since you've just joined our happy group to catch the subleties.
As to your question, yes and yes. Although I would go a bit more harsh than just calling it irresponsible. Possibly criminal negligence. "Excuse me, I have to go to a fundraiser and can't miss my interview on the Letterman Show"
I think negligence is a good term to use in this instance ....

But I think which ever party was in power would have been same outcome...

Americans - as in government + big business not people -want to get in first.... They have already managed to quash Italy's existing contracts with Libya
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#41226 Sep 23, 2012
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm of the opinion the American embassy should not have been there in the first place , how foolish , but USA is greedy for oil so they wilfully endanger the lives of their consular staff, and put them in the middle of a civil conflict
rabbee: and any death caused, by the commision of any crime, is called murder.
ana

London, UK

#41227 Sep 23, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree - it will come out eventually. But sadly, most Americans will have returned to their reality shows and won't even remember Stevens' name.
Yes it will be far too late.... Sad but true
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#41228 Sep 23, 2012
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: to give the illusion, of stability.
ana

London, UK

#41229 Sep 23, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Well everybody needs a label to sort out the players. I thought the jihadists self-identified as jihadists. When I first started hearing about the Libyan uprising, I felt it was too simple to label these people as freedom fighters. We've been down that road too many times for anyone that is even vaguely aware of world events to fall for it. Same thing in Egypt - the administration rushed in to get rid of Mubarak and side with the 'freedom fighters'. Another example of thinking that you can reason with rabid dogs. It just shows weakness and a koombaya world-view on the part of our government.

What did you think of the abortive uprising in Iran during which Obama was strangely silent?
Well yes, it is history repeating itself all over again....

The word jihad is often misused by the western media and has become another "catch phrase" they have coerced people to understand its meaning relative to a militarism concept which misleading

Jihad basically translates to struggle

"A believer's internal struggle to live out the Muslim faith as well as possible

The struggle to build a good Muslim society

Holy war: the struggle to defend Islam, with force if necessary"

The people of Libya -if we were to apply the last definition - were not fighting a holy war...

To kill another person, to inflict or cause innocent people harm is considered a huge sin in Islam

So for these people to even attempt to call them selves jihadists is laughable

They have not defended Islam, they have killed many people, they have terrorised and continue to terrorise people

They supported NATO bombing innocent civilians

They have by accounts of what I have read in the news paper caused the death of the US ambassador and his fellow diplomats..

How Qaddafi was murdered in Libya was inexcusable and as any true Muslim should know the consequence is grave...

So these people who ever labelled them as jihadists they most certainly are not ...

I don't think it is kumbaya I think it's all planned and those moronic idiots played right into their hands ...

So sad so many people have to suffer at the hands of greed

Makes me sad :(
ana

London, UK

#41230 Sep 23, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>rabbee: to give the illusion, of stability.
Good word illusion ... It is all an illusion, and people will wake up after its all too late ...
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#41231 Sep 24, 2012
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasnt an embassy. It was barely even a consulate, and technically probably didnt even meet the definition of even that. It was the guys residence which then morphed into a consulate as things stabilized after the war. It was never "opened" - Stevens had been there already many months working with the opposition. The US had every reason to be there - they were involved in the revolution, remember?
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#41232 Sep 24, 2012
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
Erm apparently they were not so during ottoman rule ... They were bedouins most were murdered under Italian occupation
Ask your self who created extremism ???
What I meant by historically was the mid to late 20th century. Ghadafi was a dictator but his country was very intellectually sophisticated and unabashedly secular. Compare that with Egypt which has a sophisticated class but lots of uneducated to this day, or Saudia Arabia, or Yemen, etc....There is an obvious inverse correlation between the rise of the middle class and islamic fundamentalist religiousity in the Middle East.
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#41233 Sep 24, 2012
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it is kumbaya I think it's all planned and those moronic idiots played right into their hands ...
So sad so many people have to suffer at the hands of greed
Makes me sad :(
We feel the same way about the idiots who are rioting.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#41234 Sep 24, 2012
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
Just the usual compound African houses have.
i understand they had a saferoom, but no escape, nor proper ventilation.
Frankly it was thus not a consulate nor an embassy persé, and Stevens was more or less working as intermediary, with a long trackrecord in Arab speaking countries.
It was not a civil conflict but a raid, organized by jihadi, that stayed in the dark perimeter organizing it.
Heavy weapons were used.
So this was a targetted attack, bound to happen sooner or later.
No country can abide para-military groups.
They spell trouble to all, not only Americans/westerners.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#41235 Sep 24, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Does one receive a gash on their head from smoke inhalation??
I understood that they went from the safe-rom were they could not breath anymore, through the basement, and tried to open a big enough hole in the wall. They did not succeed. So were still in the basement.
But we have read the piece by the interior minister that made this comparison with the abuse (alleged)of Gaddafi, as an admonishen as to what could happen.
It was an opinion piece, not a factual description.
Someone might have been dragged, and it might well have been one of the guards posted to keep the attack at bay.
I do not put anything beyond them, but in the case of Stevens that has not happened.

What else do i know...people die just for being a real African. They do not even survive jail for one day unless they have connections.
Therefore the deal Fortress Europe made with Lybia, in sending people back, or letting Lybia take them in, was against any human rights.
And if you are jewish, you get tortured and never get out.
But that is normal in all arab/muslim countries.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Windsor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min USAsince1680 1,396,346
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 48 min OzRitz 60,173
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Ize Fund 70,734
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr ThomasA 311,360
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) 13 hr Jos 59
The Hoarder on Murielle dr. Jun 27 Anonymous 1
News Windsor Budget Goes To The Polls Tuesday For 2 ... Jun 9 Jones 1

Windsor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Windsor Mortgages