Man says he fends off lion with chain...

Man says he fends off lion with chainsaw in Wyo.

There are 7 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Jul 16, 2009, titled Man says he fends off lion with chainsaw in Wyo.. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

A man says he used his chainsaw to fight off a starving mountain lion that attacked him while he was camping in the Shoshone National Forest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

Semi-literate

United States

#1 Jul 16, 2009
Semper Fi!
Bet kitty didn't see that one coming?

Living In Margaritaville

“A Fine Time To Ask Me Now?”

Since: Feb 09

York, Pa.

#2 Jul 16, 2009
what was he doing with a chainsaw in the national forest??? bet he gets a fine for that one!!!!!!
Semper Fi

United States

#3 Jul 16, 2009
Living In Margaritaville wrote:
what was he doing with a chainsaw in the national forest??? bet he gets a fine for that one!!!!!!
Read the story first stupid to avoid showing how stupid you are. He was using it to cut wood legally and the lion was shot by the national forest personel. Don't mess with Marines you spinless wimp.
The Lovely Sophie

Santa Cruz, CA

#4 Jul 16, 2009
Semper Fi wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the story first stupid to avoid showing how stupid you are. He was using it to cut wood legally and the lion was shot by the national forest personel. Don't mess with Marines you spinless wimp.
Are we reading the same article? Nowhere in the article does it say the ex-marine was cutting the firewood legally.
He spoke to the wildlife personal the next morning and that's when they went looking for the lion. And shot it.
Cutting or gathering firewood in a National Park is illegal. Ex-marine or not, he should be fined for breaking the law.
The Lovely Sophie

Santa Cruz, CA

#5 Jul 16, 2009
Posted twice. Sighs.
Semi-literate

United States

#7 Jul 17, 2009
The Lovely Sophie wrote:
Posted twice. Sighs.
Gosh, where IS the other post? Invisible? Under a Hogwarts spell? Floating zephyr-ously (not a word) somewhere in space between coasts? Shredded by mountain lions as "payback?"
Peanut Gallery

Vineburg, CA

#8 Jul 17, 2009
The Lovely Sophie wrote:
<quoted text>
Are we reading the same article? Nowhere in the article does it say the ex-marine was cutting the firewood legally.
He spoke to the wildlife personal the next morning and that's when they went looking for the lion. And shot it.
Cutting or gathering firewood in a National Park is illegal. Ex-marine or not, he should be fined for breaking the law.
The Forest Service issues permits for cutting firewood. If he had a permit he was behaving legally. He was not in a national park he was in a NATIONAL FOREST...there is a difference between the two.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Windsor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Fort Collins 7 hr Lindsay 10
Fort Collins, CO Greatest city in the USA Thu ChangeYourPerception 1
Fort Collins Auto glass replacement and Windsh... Thu guyLooking4windsh... 3
Review: Center For Family Care - Nancy R Smith PHD (Jun '11) Jan 12 Harlow 14
News Weld women are good choices to be judge (Jul '07) Jan 12 Anonymous 24
sorry Greeley, you suck (Dec '08) Dec 25 EvolvingHuman 7
opiates (Jun '14) Dec '16 Fiend 3 3

Windsor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Windsor Mortgages