Medical waste, poor conditions found at Windsor oil drilling site

Jul 23, 2012 Full story: Fort Collins Coloradoan

First, an oil drilling rig became unstable earlier this year when it was drilling on top of an old landfill near Windsor only a few hundred feet from a residential neighborhood.

Full Story

“The Greeley Grizzler”

Since: Jul 11

Greeley

#1 Jul 24, 2012
I live in an old neighborhood, and I mean old! Yet every once in awhile I will dig up an old hospital type medical bottle with a cork top usually medical alcohol or some such thing (I think it must be land fill from around World War I).
Fact is, you never know where the dirt under or around your house came from (you see, they bring it in from other places to level building sites).
If it's around my house it must be an ancient practice. If I ever find any old Native American Medicine Man artfacts you'll be the first to know.
My point is that I've never had any medical problems related to such things (oh I suppose I could worry myself into something) but for now (at 82) I guess I've had a pretty good run. From my children down to the Great Grand Grizzlers the knowledge not to pick up needles and the likes has been taught.
When I blow the dust of the Old Book, it says that we are all allotted a certain amount of days (of course we all have to be careful) but apart from caution we can do no more.
I think sometimes enotional thought rules our headlines in order to end practices reporters want to see stopped (such as fracking in this case).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Windsor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: War on Christmas - Loveland, CO (Sep '12) Dec 11 boldaq 2
Info Dec 10 robert 1
Dog chained up outside for 9 months 'crying con... Nov 27 marymacnv 2
student shot by police at colorado state univer... Nov 26 Gerry 1
Review: H & K Towing (Aug '09) Nov 26 John Doe 229
Weld women are good choices to be judge (Jul '07) Nov '14 UNJUST and BIASED 16
Vestas creating 1,350 jobs in Colorado (Aug '08) Oct '14 Brainiac of Beaco... 2

Winter Storm Warning for Weld County was issued at December 25 at 12:19PM MST

Windsor Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Windsor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Windsor News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Windsor

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:56 pm PST

NBC Sports 9:56PM
Peyton Manning fully participates in practice
Bleacher Report12:18 AM
How Ronnie Hillman Can Spark Broncos Offense Heading into Playoffs
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
Bleacher Report 7:00 AM
Updated 2014 Analysis for Final Week of Season
NBC Sports 4:20 PM
John Fox wants Peyton Manning to return