Police Anchor Camp

Posted in the Windham Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of133
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
MaryE

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 31, 2006
 
Does anyone know the site where the Police Anchor Camp is or used to be on State Road 23. I used to go there as a child and was wondering about it. Would really love to hear anything about it.
rich

Somers, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 11, 2008
 
MaryE wrote:
Does anyone know the site where the Police Anchor Camp is or used to be on State Road 23. I used to go there as a child and was wondering about it. Would really love to hear anything about it.
Hi Mary I would like to know also, I went their in 1980,81,82 and 83.
safeman

Purchase, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 27, 2008
 
Anyone remember the Police Anchor Camp??
john boy

Chatham, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 8, 2008
 
I think it is still is thair
Harry

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 4, 2008
 
Its still there, but hasn't been used in many years. The signs are still up in front of the Camp about 1/2 mile east of the Village Center on Rt 23.
john boy

Chatham, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 14, 2008
 
Is the property for sale?
steve

Purchase, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 5, 2009
 
Who owns it?
Rudy

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 8, 2009
 
Wow, I had a memory of it last night and wondered if it was still open. I went there in the early 80's and my nephew Joey went in the late 80's.
kai

Chatham, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 9, 2009
 
Rudy wrote:
Wow, I had a memory of it last night and wondered if it was still open. I went there in the early 80's and my nephew Joey went in the late 80's.
i also went there in the early 80s do you remember: the goat lady storie or mr ripp, mr larry. and the movie they showed called the blob?
a alberti

Hudson, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 24, 2009
 
MaryE wrote:
Does anyone know the site where the Police Anchor Camp is or used to be on State Road 23. I used to go there as a child and was wondering about it. Would really love to hear anything about it.
hi i lived at the camp for 18 years i was born in the house next to the camp my family was cartakers my brother still lives there as a caretaker the place has not been open since 97 but it still has the grounds work done as well as the structure up keep maybe someday it will re open
kai

East Chatham, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 31, 2009
 
a alberti wrote:
<quoted text> hi i lived at the camp for 18 years i was born in the house next to the camp my family was cartakers my brother still lives there as a caretaker the place has not been open since 97 but it still has the grounds work done as well as the structure up keep maybe someday it will re open
Will it be ok to re visit the camp? I would like to show my kids
buffy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 18, 2009
 
i used to work there in 85 had a great time there any body out there that used to work there would love to get in tough with them. I have gone to the camp several times over the years you can visit it nothing is open at this time but you can walk around there. Have brought my kids there also
kai

East Chatham, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 18, 2009
 

Judged:

1

buffy wrote:
i used to work there in 85 had a great time there any body out there that used to work there would love to get in tough with them. I have gone to the camp several times over the years you can visit it nothing is open at this time but you can walk around there. Have brought my kids there also
Do you remember the stories that were told to the campers? axe max, What was your job at the camp?
buffy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 19, 2009
 
i was a counsler there in 85 i remember the goat lady stories. the only way i found this site is my daughter is in college and had to right about place she has been and she is writing about the camp. I am trying to find people that worked there in 85
kai

East Chatham, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 21, 2009
 
buffy wrote:
i was a counsler there in 85 i remember the goat lady stories. the only way i found this site is my daughter is in college and had to right about place she has been and she is writing about the camp. I am trying to find people that worked there in 85
do you remember how the goat lady storie went? I would like to tell my kids it, I also remember the big dinner we all had on our last night.
and the candy carnival.
Mr Buzz

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 5, 2009
 

Judged:

1

My family was somewhat of a mainstay in the 70s. I was a camper from '73-'78, a pot-washer, waiter and finally a counselor in Cabin One. Johnston Brown was the greater cook ever, sorry better the Big Lou & Miss Eileen. Ended my times there in 1982. All four of my older brothers did similar stuff prior to me including lifeguarding. I've been kicking around ideas of a book, but I've been saying that since the 90s and Stand By Me stole my thunder.
mr wright

Hudson, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 13, 2009
 
yes i went there 1 year in the late 80s i think it was the last year they was open because staff members was have sex in cabins with kids in them thinking they was sleep and in the pool
Jr SantanaDejesus

Bealeton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 18, 2009
 
Rudy wrote:
Wow, I had a memory of it last night and wondered if it was still open. I went there in the early 80's and my nephew Joey went in the late 80's.
I want to thank ev'ryone for all. Because I went as a kid in the mids 1970's. And I see that I'm not the only one that went there. I really had good memory on my camping.
I was watching a cartoon on cartoon network called camp lazlo. And i have a flashback on Police Anchor Camp. Thank you. Peace.

Since: Mar 09

Bealeton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 18, 2009
 
kai wrote:
<quoted text>
Will it be ok to re visit the camp? I would like to show my kids
I'm sorry that the camp closed down. i would really like to know the address of the camp site so i can visit an just have fond memory of the place that we love and enjoyed. Thank you.
Tom

Purchase, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 19, 2009
 
Jr SantanaDejesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that the camp closed down. i would really like to know the address of the camp site so i can visit an just have fond memory of the place that we love and enjoyed. Thank you.
Yes it was a great camp, I learned alot about the outdoors. If i remember the camp was on rt.23 or 32 in Windham NY.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of133
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Windham Discussions

Search the Windham Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 10 hr marvinstevens 16,761
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Sat lionland 6,326
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Fri positronium 6,324
new york state sucks (Aug '09) Jun '14 Anne 36
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Cmon Already 754
Fern Cliff House (Mar '07) Jun '14 EDITH WETZEL 213
Whoever You Are, Wherever You Go - #LoveTravels Jun '14 Belle Sexton 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Windham Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Windham People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Windham News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Windham
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••