concerned for animals

Freedom, ME

#1 Dec 20, 2008
I went to the lake region animal hospital on Thursday Nov 13 2008 at 3:20pm.I brought my cat in to be seen for a small limp on his front left leg,due to a "small fight" with the neighbors cat that i saw happen myself.
I had my rabies certificate for my cat and the one from the other cat when i went to my appointment,although Dr.Griffin told me it was no longer valid since it was from another state,he said that in the state of Maine it was no longer valid,and that even though the other cat had its shot that myself and my cat were exposed to rabies and that i could die and that my cat had to be quarantined for 6 months and possible euthanize.
I asked why since they were vaccinated and again he said my cat was not and even though the other was we were still at risk.
He then said he was going to take my cat into the back to give him his shots,i asked if i could go he said no,by the way he literally dumped my cat from his crate,knowing he was hurt, i found that very mean!
When he was in the back room for about 10 minutes i was so scared that i was never going to see my cat again,then he came out with my cat in the crate,and gave me the "management of animals exposed to rabies paper"and told me he was going to call the ACO officer and report it.And he did and when i talked to him the ACO he even advised me to report this incident.
My cat had no bites,scratches,or wound of any kind only a limp,so i asked him don't they have to be bitten or scratched to get rabies anyway? He said no that even if both animals had there vaccinations they would still have to be quarantined for exposure to rabies.
I then asked why even get the vaccine if it does not work? He said it is like the flu shot and as with the flu shot you can still get the flu,so i asked if i was going to be able to bring my cat home? He said yes.I find that strange as well,if he really felt the way he said why would i be able to take my cat?
And very unhappy from being told i was possibly going to die and my cat as well,i took my cat to the waiting room and paid $60.00 on my bill of $111.50 leaving a amount of $51.50 they gave me my paperwork and i left so upset i could barley drive.
When i got back home i looked over my paper work,and the "rabies vaccination certificate" says that my name is.."over the counter" that the species was a "canine" the sex was "sex" the age was "12 months" the size was "4.14" and that the pets name was "any pet".
I know that you are probably saying to yourself WOW !!!

It also gives no description of my cat,where most "rabies vaccination certificate" i have ever got said color breed and so on,in case needed for proof.
It seems to me since DR Griffin(if you can call him that)is SO determined to make sure that animals are up to date with there rabies shot(even though in his words they don't work) that in "his" care he would be 100% sure all animals "he" treated would be 100% certified.! But in this case,i have no proof other than my bill (and a promised) new certificate that is corrected ,that my cat is in fact vaccinated.?
Do you not find that 100% unprofessional and 100% careless for him to sign a "legal" document that is SO important in his eyes.? I feel that he should in fact "read" things before "signing" them,don't you? Since he is suppose to be professional..Who in there right mind these days sign things that are legal documents without reading them first? If i were to sign something i would read it for sure,especially (in his words) is a life or death certificate to have.
I feel he gave me 0% of anything,well except for 100% of nothing..
animal lover

Freedom, ME

#2 Dec 21, 2008
I have had problems with that place as well.I hope more people come forward so that,that jerk will get what he deserves,he has no right to practice as a vet!
Not in Windham

Merrimack, NH

#3 Dec 30, 2008
So keep your cat indoors. It won't get into any more "little fights" and will live longer.
However: good for you for vaccinating it and having proof.
concerned for animals

Freedom, ME

#4 Jan 12, 2009
Not in Windham wrote:
So keep your cat indoors. It won't get into any more "little fights" and will live longer.
However: good for you for vaccinating it and having proof.
my darlin cat is allowed out on a run,he loves it it has been like that since he was a baby.thank you for the comment.
that happened to me

Freedom, ME

#5 Jan 14, 2009
I do not go there anymore,they treated me very bad and my dog,after i brought him home he wasn't the same for weeks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Windham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News I'm addicted to buttered croissants, coffee - a... Wed Serratus Anterior 1
News Revamping econ plan, Trump vows tax cuts to 'ju... Aug 8 make Donald Drump... 4
Bernie Sanders/Never Hillary Aug 3 Bernie lover 1
Bernie sanders supporters Aug 3 Bernie lover 1
Hillary clinton IRS investigation Jul 29 Norman VN 1
Hillary clinton IRS investigation Jul 29 Norman VN 1
Windham, NH advice Apr '16 Gsauls 1

Windham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Windham Mortgages