Alleged drunk-driver plows into motor...

Alleged drunk-driver plows into motorcycle procession in N.H.

There are 41 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jun 28, 2010, titled Alleged drunk-driver plows into motorcycle procession in N.H.. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

A 46-year-old Windham, N.H. man will be arraigned in court on Monday charged with aggravated drunk driving after he allegedly crossed the center line on Route 111 and slammed into a motorcycle participating in a charity motorcycle run on Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mike

Marlborough, MA

#1 Jun 28, 2010
You may also want to mention his alleged arrest last Friday, for, you guessed it...DWI.
Millgirl

Bethesda, MD

#2 Jun 28, 2010
What a shame.
Mike J

Lakeland, FL

#3 Jun 28, 2010
Mike wrote:
You may also want to mention his alleged arrest last Friday, for, you guessed it...DWI.
The sun do a thorough job! You've got to be kidding.
ringo

Dracut, MA

#4 Jun 28, 2010
It was Stewart's second DWI arrest in 12 hours. Friday night, he was picked up in Pelham, New Hampshire.
Unreal

Merrimack, NH

#5 Jun 28, 2010
I can't beleive that this happened! what is wrong with people??? He is a LOSER and belongs in jail for life!!! But with this Justice System...a slap on the wrist is about all he will get!!
Rot in hell pal you destroyed a family by choosing to drink and drive 2 days in a row!!!
Rode Hog

Cambridge, MA

#6 Jul 12, 2010
I'll tell ya, I've many years experience puttin round on a bike but gave it up cause I had several close calls which almost killed me. I've seen friends after horrible accidents and it ain't pretty. When riding, your at the mercy of some real nut cases out there.
Rode Hog

Cambridge, MA

#7 Jul 12, 2010
Once had a pretty blond girl in red sports car next to me, gave her a smile. She raced ahead, got in my lane and locked her brakes. I swerved my bike, fishtailing past her and almost getting squashed by a truck. Once got "bumped" by some hispanic punks while negotiating a rotary and dumped my bike. They zipped around me and the car behind them finished off my bike and almost got me as I launched myself onto the hood of the car. Had a guy squeeze into my lane with his little sports car, driving right beside me in my lane. I was a mere two inches from the guide rail as I looked down at him and he glanced up at me. He had his seatrest way down and he was doing something with his weany...if you get my drift. Had a pickup truck zip in front of me ( I avoid driving behind trucks) and a sheet of 3/4" plywood flew out of the trucks bed, glancing off my helmet and nearly decapitating me. Not to mention the falling cinder block, the tire iron hurled at me from the car in front and the dumbshit who rolled down his window and sprayed a powerful blast of some chemical in my face.

“Do NOT Feed the Trolls!!!”

Since: Jul 08

Lowell MA

#8 Jul 12, 2010
I've learned to stay OFF route 111 in New Hampster while on my motorcycle. Way too many close calls

7657 pair
Amused

Newton Center, MA

#9 Jul 12, 2010
Let me guess, he was so distraught over the first arrest that he tried to drown his sorrows, leading to arrest #2.

Seriously, we see more and more of this. I think the reason is that the casual, social drinkers have all gotten the message about drinking and driving, so more and more of the drunk drivers we hear about are hard core alcoholics. There need to be longer probations, with mandatory drug/alcohol screenings and enforced no drinking conditions of probation so that we can identify the drunk drivers with serious dependency problems right after the first arrest, instead of waiting for 3 or more DUIs to wake up to the fact that a given offender is a chronic offender. After a first offense, license suspensions should be longer, the registration for any vehicle registered to the offender should be revoked and the plates confiscated. If the car is jointly owned, the other owner should be required to sign an agreement not to permit the drunk driver/owner to operate the vehicle. It should be a crime to permit anyone whose license is suspended for DUI to have the use of a vehicle. We can't stip them from drinking, but with more effort, we can keep them from getting behind the wheel.

7707 three of a kind
Ron

Billerica, MA

#10 Jul 12, 2010
There is nothing wrong with 111. I have driven on it thousands of times.

The real issue is another drunk on the road. If the courts won't put this driver away for 20 years then the best thing that can happen is the guy kills himself in a single car accident. Hopefully his head goes through the windshield and he stays that way until he bleeds to death.

I have lost family to a drunk driver and I want all drunks behind the wheel to die in single car accidents.

All drunk driving penalties should be multiplied by five starting now. Maybe make the first offense a $20,000 fine, seven years in jail and lose your license for 10 years.
local guy

Lowell, MA

#11 Jul 12, 2010
was he wearing a helmet ?
Nancy

Billerica, MA

#12 Jul 12, 2010
local guy wrote:
was he wearing a helmet ?
Congressman Frank loves helmets.
Rode Hog

Cambridge, MA

#13 Jul 12, 2010
Not sure if "she" was wearing a helmet. my guess is yes. My brother-in-law was killed by a drunk driver. The perp never spent one minute in jail, no fine, no nothing! Driver completely left the road, but because brother-in-law was walking on "wrong" side of the road, he was apparently guilty of his own death...regardless that the driver was deemed drunk on site. I'm with you, Ron.
Mr Mag Who

Millis, MA

#14 Jul 12, 2010
Rode Hog wrote:
Not sure if "she" was wearing a helmet. my guess is yes. My brother-in-law was killed by a drunk driver. The perp never spent one minute in jail, no fine, no nothing! Driver completely left the road, but because brother-in-law was walking on "wrong" side of the road, he was apparently guilty of his own death...regardless that the driver was deemed drunk on site. I'm with you, Ron.
Do you ever let the truth get in the way of a good story? Sure doesn't look that way. You concocted more phony accidents in this post:

http://www.topix.com/forum/source/lowell-sun/...

than anyone can believe. Now, your slinging even more BS in this post. I mean really, are you that bored? Do you stay up all night thinking of these things?

Remember, "The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie"
Rode Hog

Cambridge, MA

#15 Jul 12, 2010
Mr Mag Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever let the truth get in the way of a good story? Sure doesn't look that way. You concocted more phony accidents in this post:
than anyone can believe. Now, your slinging even more BS in this post. I mean really, are you that bored? Do you stay up all night thinking of these things?
No, I was not bored and all that I posted is the Gods honest truth. Maybe I've just been around a little longer and saw a bit more than you. If I provided more details about my brother in laws death, you would certainly be mortified. I was down in Lehigh Acres, Fla. in 1974 as a kid and witnessed a car drive off the road and kill a 16 year old girl, who was again, walking on the wrong side of the road. The driver was an elderly man and was not cited and free to drive away from the scene. I also spent time aboard an aircraft carrier in the USN, where I witnessed some pretty horrific accidents. I came upon a motorcycle accident in Revere, Ma. in 1977 where the poor guy had his head ripped from his torso. I got showered with my buddies fingers after a suicide cluth on his harley ripped-em off while he was riding in front of me. I helped collect the digits and he got a few sewed back on. I guess I should be writing horror novels, huh?
Bagdad Harry

United States

#16 Jul 12, 2010
Rode Hog wrote:
I'll tell ya, I've many years experience puttin round on a bike but gave it up cause I had several close calls which almost killed me. I've seen friends after horrible accidents and it ain't pretty. When riding, your at the mercy of some real nut cases out there.
One quetion for you...do loud pipes really save lives?
Or are they just as I suspect just loud pipes to annoy fellow citizens?

This is a terrible story...everyone who rides a motorcycles worst nightmare.
Too many people indulge in alcoholic beverages and then get into their cages to kill and mame innocent bystanders.
All you camn do is lessen the risks the best you can by wearing the proper safety equiptment at all times...boots gloves and a helmet at a minimum...
Got a tend dollar head...wear a ten dollar helmet...if you don't wear a helmet...guess you don't think you head is worth much.
ChewBakka

Collierville, TN

#18 Jul 13, 2010
Mr Mag Who wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to be a phenomena on topix that every poster knows someone who died at the hands of a "drunk" driver but no one seems to know anyone who died at the hands of a sober driver. Which is interesting because most fatal traffic crashes are NOT alcohol related. Additionally, about 60% of the DUI related crashes are not with DRUNK drivers, just drinking drivers.
ChewBakka

Collierville, TN

#19 Jul 13, 2010
Ron wrote:
I have lost family to a drunk driver...
If your family member got in the car with the "drunk" driver, then your family member was an accomplice in his own death. Was that the case and if so what was their BAC when they died?
ChewBakka

Collierville, TN

#20 Jul 13, 2010
Rode Hog wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I was not bored and all that I posted is the Gods honest truth.
Wow, now I find out that there's more than one! Super.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#21 Jul 13, 2010
Several of these "memorial" rides have turned deadly, it's like they are a magnet for a fatal crash.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Windham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: A Touch Of Sun Tanning (Mar '10) Dec '17 Susanroberts 8
1995 Murder in Hudson (Feb '10) Dec '17 Ugh 63
News N.H. judge says she closes eyes, but doesn't sl... (Feb '06) Sep '17 Stephen D Clark 248
News NH agencies warn of summer paving scams (Aug '09) Aug '17 JOHN42NH 98
News Police Nab Suspected Foot Fetish Bandit In N.H. (Jul '08) Feb '17 Foot Phart 4
News Two arrested for smoking pot in car (Nov '10) Dec '16 shot to death 5
News I'm addicted to buttered croissants, coffee - a... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Serratus Anterior 1

Windham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Windham Mortgages