Derry woman gets 10-20 for fatal crash

Derry woman gets 10-20 for fatal crash

There are 27 comments on the UnionLeader.com story from Jun 1, 2007, titled Derry woman gets 10-20 for fatal crash. In it, UnionLeader.com reports that:

“I think that's the only way I'll be able to make amends for what I've done, and I'd like the opportunity to be able to do that.”

Rockingham County Superior Court Judge Tina Nadeau sentenced Janice Upton, 43, of Derry, to 10 to 20 years in state prison for manslaughter, second-degree assault for injuring the occupants of another car she ... via UnionLeader.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at UnionLeader.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SadSad

Roseland, NJ

#21 Aug 13, 2010
It has been 4 years I often think of the Jaynes family as my husband and I was there right after it happen. It was one of the saddest moments of my life. At the time is was sad for all involved, you could not help but to feel for all of them. But being on scene and hearing how it happen you begin to not feel so bad for the lady in the jeep. Everyone makes mistakes and things happen in everyday life but when you find out that this could have been avoided if she had not been drinking and driving. But on top of all of that you find out this is not her first time in trouble for drinking, (hearsay drugs) assault of her own child, domestic dispute and you can go on. So now she has taken a life in which the family can never have back. Her sentencing to easy. My prayers go out for all involved. Jaynes family and friends and for the Uptons children and their family. God speed
Sharon

Manchester, NH

#22 Sep 30, 2012
observer wrote:
funny how if i sell drugs to someone and they die, i am held responsible. even could go to jail for murder. double standards, i guess. but in this great country, you really can't expect justice.... justice is a joke in america.
- What a horrible tragedy-
Sharon

Manchester, NH

#23 Sep 30, 2012
Her kids drink and drive and are now involved in drugs as well - so sad !!
Lorraine Butler

Londonderry, NH

#24 Aug 23, 2015
Janice Upton should get life
Lorraine Butler

Londonderry, NH

#25 Jun 21, 2016
sal wrote:
what is done is done
Janice Upton should got life because she took a life
Lorraine Butler

Londonderry, NH

#26 Jun 21, 2016
She should get life in prison because she took a life and 3 girls dad away from them
Janelle

Concord, NH

#27 Jan 12, 2017
i did several years in prison with Janice. She is a wonderful person that made a mistake she thinks about every day

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Windham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two arrested on drug charges, suspected in Seac... (Apr '14) Dec 15 UOD 9
Review: A Touch Of Sun Tanning (Mar '10) Dec 7 Susanroberts 8
1995 Murder in Hudson (Feb '10) Dec 7 Ugh 63
News N.H. judge says she closes eyes, but doesn't sl... (Feb '06) Sep '17 Stephen D Clark 248
News NH agencies warn of summer paving scams (Aug '09) Aug '17 JOHN42NH 98
News Police Nab Suspected Foot Fetish Bandit In N.H. (Jul '08) Feb '17 Foot Phart 4
News Two arrested for smoking pot in car (Nov '10) Dec '16 shot to death 5

Windham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Windham Mortgages