Humming generators attract thieves in...

Humming generators attract thieves in Hudson, N.H.

There are 97 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Dec 17, 2008, titled Humming generators attract thieves in Hudson, N.H.. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

The motorized hum is unmistakable. In storm-ravaged communities, where residents who have been without power for days, many people have resorted to spending several hundred dollars to several thousands of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
DWS

Baltimore, MD

#89 Dec 23, 2008
dogwood wrote:
All the low lifes from NH have to come to mass to get water ,not to mention jobs.
Snoop Doggy Dogwood,

You, my friend, are a moronic slacker. Water? Most people in NH have wells. Do they dig them so deep that they end up in Massachusetts? Jobs? Well, if people from Massachusetts were willing to work instead of collect Welfare and get their necessities from other Social Programs, then maybe NH people wouldn't have to go there to pick up your slack.

I'm not even from NH. But, I know 1 thing. People in NH are much more self-sufficient than the slackers from the Welfare State of Taxachusetts (and they drive better too).

“Lowellita is awful.”

Since: Nov 07

Lowell, MA

#90 Dec 23, 2008
rad grandad wrote:
Now nobody seems to care, there's no unity (except in gangs) and very little sense of pride in one's community. Those communities that do have a sense of pride and unity are often very standoffish and untrusting towards newcomers to the community, often to a point of snobbery and classism.
Oh well, everything goes full circle, here's to the next time around :)
People work to try and get ahead- so when they get home they are too tired to do the things that build a neighborhood in large part. Single Moms working two and three jobs to put food on the table or some Corporate hack who works 80 hours a week isn't looking to do a recycling drive in large part. They want to come home and see their TV is still in the living room and that they have enough money to take the kids to Canobie lake or go golfing on the weekend to unwind. Or people are scumbags and are the problem. The worst thing in the world is apathy. So it's up to all of us to do our part in small ways. Clear the sidewalks for the elderly things like that.

“ gone to a better place”

Since: Aug 08

Lowell, MA

#91 Dec 23, 2008
Lowellian wrote:
<quoted text>
People work to try and get ahead- so when they get home they are too tired to do the things that build a neighborhood in large part. Single Moms working two and three jobs to put food on the table or some Corporate hack who works 80 hours a week isn't looking to do a recycling drive in large part. They want to come home and see their TV is still in the living room and that they have enough money to take the kids to Canobie lake or go golfing on the weekend to unwind. Or people are scumbags and are the problem. The worst thing in the world is apathy. So it's up to all of us to do our part in small ways. Clear the sidewalks for the elderly things like that.
The last two sentences make sense and exactly how I view things. The first part of your post contradicts that completely. My was post was about respect, respect for yourself, respect for your family and respect for you neighbors. Pride and unity in your neighborhood doesn't take work, it doesn't take effort, it is plain and simple not being apathetic.

Being tired is no an excuse for not being a good neighbor, being respectful, showing pride and unity. In fact those who are away from home a lot should understand this better than anyone. These days people get robbed and neighbors won't even pick up the phone to report it if they see it.

You really missed the point of my post entirely, it's all about respect.

“Lowellita is awful.”

Since: Nov 07

Lowell, MA

#92 Dec 23, 2008
rad grandad wrote:
<quoted text>
The last two sentences make sense and exactly how I view things. The first part of your post contradicts that completely. My was post was about respect, respect for yourself, respect for your family and respect for you neighbors. Pride and unity in your neighborhood doesn't take work, it doesn't take effort, it is plain and simple not being apathetic.
Being tired is no an excuse for not being a good neighbor, being respectful, showing pride and unity. In fact those who are away from home a lot should understand this better than anyone. These days people get robbed and neighbors won't even pick up the phone to report it if they see it.
You really missed the point of my post entirely, it's all about respect.
I didn't miss anything. I take it upon myself to be a good neighbor. I do all the "right" things like for example snow blowing my elderly neighbors sidewalks this weekend- however those that do what you and I consider to be "right" RG are far outnumbered by the apathetic and uninvolved in some cases I don't blame them at all....

“ gone to a better place”

Since: Aug 08

Lowell, MA

#93 Dec 23, 2008
Lowellian wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't miss anything. I take it upon myself to be a good neighbor. I do all the "right" things like for example snow blowing my elderly neighbors sidewalks this weekend- however those that do what you and I consider to be "right" RG are far outnumbered by the apathetic and uninvolved in some cases I don't blame them at all....
I totally agree with you, maybe one day being a good neighbor will be contagious.:)
John Burke

Lowell, MA

#94 Dec 23, 2008
rad grandad wrote:
it is sad, I think that was one of the percs growing up where and when I did. Days when you didn't have to lock your doors or have alarms. Whether it was here in Mass or in the woods of Maine we had spotlights and they were for peace of mind. Like in Maine going to the outhouse at 2a.m. when you're an 8 year old boy a leaf rustling in the woods turned into bigfoot. A light scared away the all the scary animals (mostly coons and beavers).
But as far as security we understood that when times were rough for you it probably was for your neighbors too. It was just common sense that by stealing from others you were just placing your problems on your neighbors. That would bring shame on your whole family, it just wasn't done.
Now nobody seems to care, there's no unity (except in gangs) and very little sense of pride in one's community. Those communities that do have a sense of pride and unity are often very standoffish and untrusting towards newcomers to the community, often to a point of snobbery and classism.
Oh well, everything goes full circle, here's to the next time around :)
coons will steal the shirt off your back

“...first the spankings...”

Since: Jul 08

Not YOUR Uptight Rich Suburb

#95 Dec 23, 2008
DWS wrote:
<quoted text>
Snoop Doggy Dogwood,
You, my friend, are a moronic slacker. Water? Most people in NH have wells. Do they dig them so deep that they end up in Massachusetts? Jobs? Well, if people from Massachusetts were willing to work instead of collect Welfare and get their necessities from other Social Programs, then maybe NH people wouldn't have to go there to pick up your slack.
I'm not even from NH. But, I know 1 thing. People in NH are much more self-sufficient than the slackers from the Welfare State of Taxachusetts (and they drive better too).
Not for long. All of the Massholes have ruined Mass and are moving up into NH to turn your independent swing state blue, as witnessed by your recent elections for President and reps who support instituting a state income tax.
Bagdad Harry

United States

#96 Dec 23, 2008
John Burke wrote:
<quoted text>
coons will steal the shirt off your back
I hate them...they always get into my trash cans. Little masked bastards just can't stay away from the trash. Must have some hungry coons in your neck of the woods John if they took to stealing laundry.
Bagdad Harry

United States

#97 Dec 23, 2008
Perilous wrote:
<quoted text>
Not for long. All of the Massholes have ruined Mass and are moving up into NH to turn your independent swing state blue, as witnessed by your recent elections for President and reps who support instituting a state income tax.
Jeanne Shaheen....
Talk about an empty pantsuit!
Bill

Braintree, MA

#98 Dec 27, 2008
DWS wrote:
<quoted text>
Snoop Doggy Dogwood,
You, my friend, are a moronic slacker. Water? Most people in NH have wells. Do they dig them so deep that they end up in Massachusetts? Jobs? Well, if people from Massachusetts were willing to work instead of collect Welfare and get their necessities from other Social Programs, then maybe NH people wouldn't have to go there to pick up your slack.
I'm not even from NH. But, I know 1 thing. People in NH are much more self-sufficient than the slackers from the Welfare State of Taxachusetts (and they drive better too).
Ahahahah. Touche'
lol
You make a good point. Since there are 10 times as many people who live in Mass than there is in NH, why would Mass businesses hire people from NH in the first place? Hmmm... guess its the quality of the people they want to work for them. lol
people who complain about NH's citizens "stealing" jobs from Mass residents are MORONS. You arent stealing something if its handed to you, you idiots. Every NH person who works in Mass was hired by...someone from Mass !! You frickin idiots !! LOL
DWS, these morons will never get it. LOL
Peter Gunn

Londonderry, NH

#99 Jan 1, 2009
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahahahah. Touche'
lol
You make a good point. Since there are 10 times as many people who live in Mass than there is in NH, why would Mass businesses hire people from NH in the first place? Hmmm... guess its the quality of the people they want to work for them. lol
people who complain about NH's citizens "stealing" jobs from Mass residents are MORONS. You arent stealing something if its handed to you, you idiots. Every NH person who works in Mass was hired by...someone from Mass !! You frickin idiots !! LOL
DWS, these morons will never get it. LOL
Hmmm... Every NH person who works in Mass was hired by some one from ... Mass !!
I love it !!
Its too bad that some people from Mass are frickin morons who cant figure that out, and blame NH folks for so many NH people getting hired. Its kinda pathetic.
NH people go to Mass for some jobs, and people from Mass come to the Pheasant Lane Mall to steal cars, and people from Mass put those two together and come up with "People from NH are stealing from Mass". LOL Idiots.
No wonder people from Mass cant have guns. They're retarded. LOL.
Peter Gunn

Londonderry, NH

#101 Jan 6, 2009
Jrock wrote:
<quoted text>Does that mean someone from Massachusetts stole them? Or does it mean that there are more resources in Lowell and Lawrence?
See? Even the Massachusetts car thieves hire people from NH. Wow, even our crooks are more desirable. LOL !!
Peter Gunn

Londonderry, NH

#103 Jan 9, 2009
Jrock wrote:
<quoted text>No it just means there are as many crooks in New Hampshire than there are in Massachusetts. They all do it together.
Oh please. Dont be stupid. Compare the crime stats of Mass with those of NH. We're no where even close to having the same amount of crime as you guys in Mass. We're no where close to having even one twentieth of the crime as Mass. Stop making stupid comments. NH had 19 or 20 murders for the whole state in 2008. Mass had that many in Lowell alone. You jerk off. Why do you think you guys had to have your guns and knives taken away? Because you PROVED beyond the shadow of any doubt that as a society you couldn't be trusted to have them. Thats the kind of neighbors you have buddy.
Common sense

Lowell, MA

#104 Jan 12, 2009
Peter Gunn wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please. Dont be stupid. Compare the crime stats of Mass with those of NH. We're no where even close to having the same amount of crime as you guys in Mass. We're no where close to having even one twentieth of the crime as Mass. Stop making stupid comments. NH had 19 or 20 murders for the whole state in 2008. Mass had that many in Lowell alone. You jerk off. Why do you think you guys had to have your guns and knives taken away? Because you PROVED beyond the shadow of any doubt that as a society you couldn't be trusted to have them. Thats the kind of neighbors you have buddy.
You've got a lot of pent up anger don't you?
Peter Gunn

Londonderry, NH

#107 Jan 27, 2009
Common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got a lot of pent up anger don't you?
Its not about pent up anger, its about morons who cant figure out that a state like Mass has more crime in just one of its major cities than NH has in the whole state. And then they make comments as to the quality of people in their state vs NH. Its not a matter of opinion, its a matter of numbers, logic, and public record. But these idiots will still argue the point like its just a matter of opinion. Its NOT a matter of opinion, its a matter of fact.
Dracut Retiree

Palm Bay, FL

#108 Jan 27, 2009
Peter Gunn wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not about pent up anger, its about morons who cant figure out that a state like Mass has more crime in just one of its major cities than NH has in the whole state. And then they make comments as to the quality of people in their state vs NH. Its not a matter of opinion, its a matter of numbers, logic, and public record. But these idiots will still argue the point like its just a matter of opinion. Its NOT a matter of opinion, its a matter of fact.
Have you thought of switching to the DECAFE?

I know you were a BUSH person (nothing personal) but maybe that he left office after doing such a failure job for 8 years has affected your personality, maybe you should seek counciling because the Republican party is now doomed, only hope is Failin Palin and we all know she's done too!
Peter Gunn

Londonderry, NH

#109 Jan 27, 2009
Dracut Retiree wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you thought of switching to the DECAFE?
I know you were a BUSH person (nothing personal) but maybe that he left office after doing such a failure job for 8 years has affected your personality, maybe you should seek counciling because the Republican party is now doomed, only hope is Failin Palin and we all know she's done too!
As usual, your "clever comment" falls short. Your assumption that I liked Bush couldnt be more wrong, therefore ALL of the conclusions that you came to based on assumption are wrong.
Try using some logic and facts instead of simply making stuff up and you'll do better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Windham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beatles For Sale coming to Hampstead Jun 17 New England Music... 1
Microsoft store offering Free YouthSpark Summer... Jun 6 mdunham 1
Microsoft store offering Free YouthSpark Summer... Jun 6 mdunham 1
News Derry man arrested for allegedly stabbing Hudso... (Feb '14) Jun 5 Hate DM and MS 4
News Salem officer is charged with assault (Jan '14) Jun 2 on a poor lil kitten 9
Windham, NH advice Apr '16 Gsauls 1
News NH agencies warn of summer paving scams (Aug '09) Mar '16 Strike it rich 94
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Windham Mortgages