BLACK FRIDAY: Bargain-hunters give re...

BLACK FRIDAY: Bargain-hunters give retailers some early holiday...

There are 7 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Nov 29, 2008, titled BLACK FRIDAY: Bargain-hunters give retailers some early holiday.... In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Under a fat, dark cloud of economic gloom, which since September has tied many a purse string, Vincent Cosco pulled up to work yesterday at 4:30 a.m. Whew.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

The Patriot

Quincy, MA

#1 Nov 29, 2008
True there are some bargans, but there are alot of price mark ups too and in most if not all cases they will not price match unless it's a direct competor.
sigh

Gardner, MA

#2 Nov 29, 2008
I didnt see any good bargains this year, compared to other years. No great computer deals. I hear the week before xmas has better deals anyhow, and you dont have to stand in line in the freezing cold for hours.
HolaLola

Dracut, MA

#3 Nov 29, 2008
sigh wrote:
I didnt see any good bargains this year, compared to other years. No great computer deals. I hear the week before xmas has better deals anyhow, and you dont have to stand in line in the freezing cold for hours.
No your right... you just have to pray that they still have the advertised item still avaliable. And I don't know if you've been shopping this season, but the shelves have been barrin.
jeffe

Hoboken, NJ

#4 Nov 29, 2008
sigh wrote:
I didnt see any good bargains this year, compared to other years. No great computer deals. I hear the week before Cmas has better deals anyhow, and you don't have to stand in line in the freezing cold for hours.
That's true. I hear Best Buy is going out of business after Cmas, so that would probably be a better time to get a computer
sigh

Gardner, MA

#5 Nov 30, 2008
jeffe wrote:
<quoted text>That's true. I hear Best Buy is going out of business after Cmas, so that would probably be a better time to get a computer
I hear every store is going out of business. Hard to know which is fact and which is fiction. No gift card gifts this year, just in case!
irish ii

Westborough, MA

#6 Nov 30, 2008
People are CRAZY that go out at the crack of dawn and shop. They are gonna have sales for the next couple of weeks. Then with all the deaths by trampling! That is NUTS.
Tip

Chelmsford, MA

#7 Nov 30, 2008
jeffe wrote:
<quoted text>That's true. I hear Best Buy is going out of business after Cmas, so that would probably be a better time to get a computer
Doesn't matter with Best Buy they don't honor their warranties, so if you buy at that store, make sure you don't plan on returning, or I should say trying to return, even if it is under warranty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Windham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stephan Condodemetraky, president of Dusty Old ... Jul 12 Darlene Johnson 3
Selectmen soliciting yes votes outside town hall Jun 24 Martha steward 1
Loan Shark Jun '17 Jessy1972 1
News Police Nab Suspected Foot Fetish Bandit In N.H. (Jul '08) Feb '17 Foot Phart 4
News NH agencies warn of summer paving scams (Aug '09) Dec '16 whyte boyyyyyyyyy 97
News Two arrested for smoking pot in car (Nov '10) Dec '16 shot to death 5
News I'm addicted to buttered croissants, coffee - a... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Serratus Anterior 1

Windham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Windham Mortgages