Local N.H. towns may debate gay marriage

Local N.H. towns may debate gay marriage

There are 3 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Jan 5, 2010, titled Local N.H. towns may debate gay marriage. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

Gay marriage opponents have begun a grass-roots effort to challenge New Hampshire's new gay marriage law by raising the issue at town meetings this spring.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

Serene

Woodstock, VT

#1 Jan 7, 2010
Hopefully New Hampshire will make the same decsion that Maine did, and we can get back to normal.
concord nh resident

Concord, NH

#2 Jan 8, 2010
Serene wrote:
Hopefully New Hampshire will make the same decsion that Maine did, and we can get back to normal.
Disagree. People should live their lives without having others deny them rights. It is the libertarian spirit that drives NH. What a consenting gay couple do does not impact me in the least. Next issue please.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#3 Jan 8, 2010
I'm proud of New Hampshire for granting equal rights to all their citizens. I'm disgusted by the current grass-roots movement to revoke those rights.

Bigotry, hatred, and fear are key elements of this movement. Not that I suspect most New Hampshire voters would cast their votes against equal rights, but I'm glad New Hampshire isn't a referendum state, all the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Windham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beatles For Sale coming to Hampstead Jun 17 New England Music... 1
Microsoft store offering Free YouthSpark Summer... Jun 6 mdunham 1
Microsoft store offering Free YouthSpark Summer... Jun 6 mdunham 1
News Derry man arrested for allegedly stabbing Hudso... (Feb '14) Jun 5 Hate DM and MS 4
News Salem officer is charged with assault (Jan '14) Jun 2 on a poor lil kitten 9
Windham, NH advice Apr '16 Gsauls 1
News NH agencies warn of summer paving scams (Aug '09) Mar '16 Strike it rich 94
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Windham Mortgages