Woman charged in Windham, N.H., ultralight crash

Full story: Lowell Sun

A 46-year-old New Hampshire woman who crashed her ultralight aircraft into a Windham home during just her second flight in such a craft will face reckless-conduct charges.
Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Mar 23, 2009
Charles Lindberg

Salem, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 26, 2009
 
She should be charged with stupidity, too.
Angel

Stoneham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 26, 2009
 
She definitely should be charged but Charles, you can't fix stupid.

Since: Dec 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 26, 2009
 
What a goof!
flyby

Merrimack, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 26, 2009
 
maybe we should feel bad for her. she probably has brain damage from a previous flight attempt. o.k. judge let's give her a good stiff fine, restitution for the home owners and most important forbid this dumbass to "fly" again
vkm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 27, 2009
 
Agree a stiff fine and warning about future attempts will reap severe penalties. I would say after watching the video a stiff fine was warranted without an accident. Liken it to a teenager riding wrecklessly on an ATV. Dont ruin their life but get their attention.
willie

Chelmsford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 27, 2009
 
We needs to make a stand right now and not let them start flying. We let them vote, then drive. See how they screwed up those opportunites. It needs to stop there. No flying allowed
comeonnow

Merrimack, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 27, 2009
 
vkm wrote:
Agree a stiff fine and warning about future attempts will reap severe penalties. I would say after watching the video a stiff fine was warranted without an accident. Liken it to a teenager riding wrecklessly on an ATV. Dont ruin their life but get their attention.
A 46 year old mother of five shouldn't be compared to a teenager riding recklessly on anything. If she doesn't care about herself she should at least have a little consideration of the people around her, or more importantly under her. I read comments on one of the previous articles about her that she was a passenger on a moped when the driver was arrested for DUI. Sounds like a real winner
lol

Merrimack, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 27, 2009
 
come on now "wheres your sense of adventure"
Tony

Chelmsford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 28, 2009
 
comeonnow wrote:
<quoted text>
A 46 year old mother of five shouldn't be compared to a teenager riding recklessly on anything. If she doesn't care about herself she should at least have a little consideration of the people around her, or more importantly under her. I read comments on one of the previous articles about her that she was a passenger on a moped when the driver was arrested for DUI. Sounds like a real winner
The driver was her son.
John T Hawley

Chelmsford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 1, 2009
 
It's a good thing the Wright Brothers and so many
other great pilots didn't have these people around
when they did what were considered courageous deeds
How come all these dumbkoff's come out of the
wood work when some one has an unfortunate accident
After having flown many years I have never met any
pilot that wanted to fly into someone's house or
have any kind of accident.It takes plenty of guts to fly without any kind of flight training.I wish
this woman well and continues to fly.
lol

Merrimack, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 1, 2009
 
John T Hawley wrote:
It's a good thing the Wright Brothers and so many
other great pilots didn't have these people around
when they did what were considered courageous deeds
How come all these dumbkoff's come out of the
wood work when some one has an unfortunate accident
After having flown many years I have never met any
pilot that wanted to fly into someone's house or
have any kind of accident.It takes plenty of guts to fly without any kind of flight training.I wish
this woman well and continues to fly.
Let me get this straight. A mother of five, with no flying experience or training, who put her life and the lives of innocent people on the ground at risk, who recently was a passenger on a moped whose driver was drunk, arrested, convicted and went to jail for multiple DUI's ( a matter of record with the Windham P.D.), is being compared to the Wright brothers. Obviously the Wright bros couldn't have had flight training. They were pioneers but this idiot wasn't courageous, she was irresponsible and a fool. Hopefully she and other incapable pilots will concentrate their "courageous deeds" in the airspace over your house. I'm assuming your a friend or family member.
vkm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 2, 2009
 
comeonnow wrote:
<quoted text>
A 46 year old mother of five shouldn't be compared to a teenager riding recklessly on anything. If she doesn't care about herself she should at least have a little consideration of the people around her, or more importantly under her. I read comments on one of the previous articles about her that she was a passenger on a moped when the driver was arrested for DUI. Sounds like a real winner
Had she not flown over the houses and remained over the lake she would have been well within her rights to do so. Having said that I do not judge someone based upon unrelated events and the courts do not either. A perons right to kill themselves during recreation is truly their right. What made this illegal was passing over poulated areas.
Bob Forgonads

Tewksbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 2, 2009
 
flyby wrote:
maybe we should feel bad for her. she probably has brain damage from a previous flight attempt. o.k. judge let's give her a good stiff fine, restitution for the home owners and most important forbid this **** to "fly" again
Yes, let's let brain damaged people fly , they apparently let brain damaged people post here ; so why not let them fly ?
lol

Merrimack, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 2, 2009
 
Bob Forgonads wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, let's let brain damaged people fly , they apparently let brain damaged people post here ; so why not let them fly ?
obviously your making your own point
chesterrez

Alton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 23, 2009
 
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>The driver was her son.
It was not her son, but her bf who's had the 6 or more dui's!!
lol

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 23, 2009
 
lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Windham Discussions

Search the Windham Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
tennis courts 2 hr christopher georgoulis 2
Sears Rockingham Mall Jul 26 NHMike 1
Debate: Immigrants & K-12 - Windham, NH (Dec '11) Jul 23 Concerned 4
Four-cent gas tax increase takes effect Tuesday... Jul 11 reality is a crutch 2
Debra Paul of Londonderry Times: Advertisers Be... Jun '14 Debra Paul 2
why pain clinics ruin peoples lives (Apr '12) Jun '14 LT USAF 11
Part-Time position available Target Mobile Jun '14 Lauren 1
•••
•••

Windham News Video

•••
Windham Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Windham Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Windham People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Windham News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Windham
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••