"It did not look good when I got to m...

"It did not look good when I got to my mom. There was no cockpi...

There are 22 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Feb 18, 2009, titled "It did not look good when I got to my mom. There was no cockpi.... In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Fire and police officials inspect the remains of a crashed ultralight plane on Harvest Road in Windham, N.H. The propeller and windscreen can be seen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
flyby

Hudson, NH

#28 Mar 2, 2009
John T Hawley wrote:
There are all kinds of comments about
the flying that this woman did.I think
she did a hell of a good job.Her and
her husband built an ultra light that
flew a lot longer and better than the
Wright Brothers.It was a good flight
she lived to tell about it.No one told
the Wright Brothers they were crazy.
a good flight? just what part of it was good? your comparing them to the wright brothers? yes she did a hell fo a job making a complete ass out of herself and showing the world what an irresponsible idiot she is.
Amused

Newton Center, MA

#30 Mar 3, 2009
John T Hawley wrote:
There are all kinds of comments about
the flying that this woman did.I think
she did a hell of a good job.Her and
her husband built an ultra light that
flew a lot longer and better than the
Wright Brothers.It was a good flight
she lived to tell about it.No one told
the Wright Brothers they were crazy.
The sort of genius who also asked: "So, Mrs. Lincoln, apart from that, how did you like the play?" Any rational definition of a "good flight" includes a safe landing as one of the criteria. "Did not endanger those on the ground" has a place in the criteria as well. About the only criteria she did manage to meet was "takeoff resulted in becoming airborne." By your yardstick, the Turkish flight into Amsterdam was wildly successful. They got up into the air, flew nearly all the way to their destination, didn't harm or destroy any persons or property on the ground. The crash and loss of life were just an unfortunate mishap that should not detract from the overall quality of the flight. Sensible people see it a bit differently. The only accomplishment this represents is a potential honorable mention at the Darwin Awards. www.darwinawards.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Windham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beatles For Sale coming to Hampstead Jun 17 New England Music... 1
Microsoft store offering Free YouthSpark Summer... Jun 6 mdunham 1
Microsoft store offering Free YouthSpark Summer... Jun 6 mdunham 1
News Derry man arrested for allegedly stabbing Hudso... (Feb '14) Jun 5 Hate DM and MS 4
News Salem officer is charged with assault (Jan '14) Jun 2 on a poor lil kitten 9
Windham, NH advice Apr '16 Gsauls 1
News NH agencies warn of summer paving scams (Aug '09) Mar '16 Strike it rich 94

Windham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Windham Mortgages