Ticked off! @ dog business and seat-b...

Ticked off! @ dog business and seat-belt laws

There are 16 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 25, 2009, titled Ticked off! @ dog business and seat-belt laws. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

To the walkers with dogs along a jogging path around a lake in Windermere : Did you know there is an ordinance against unleashed dogs and for leaving dog business on the ground.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

KLC

Melbourne, FL

#1 Jun 25, 2009
"To the person who complained about crying infants in restaurants: Have you ever considered takeout?"

Reminds me of the time a lousy mother squeezed herself (there were already 3 of us on a park bench) and her kid who was actively having a tantrum next to me, more of less, on my lap. When I started filming it and told her I'd go ahead and post her mess on Youtube she said I should move if I didn't like it.
So, you're like her. Everyone else should go away so you can act poorly. Uh huh.
Former Resd

Rogers, AR

#2 Jun 25, 2009
KLC wrote:
"To the person who complained about crying infants in restaurants: Have you ever considered takeout?"
Reminds me of the time a lousy mother squeezed herself (there were already 3 of us on a park bench) and her kid who was actively having a tantrum next to me, more of less, on my lap. When I started filming it and told her I'd go ahead and post her mess on Youtube she said I should move if I didn't like it.
So, you're like her. Everyone else should go away so you can act poorly. Uh huh.
Bravo for you. That was quite funny. Good for future thought

Since: Aug 07

Melbourne, FL

#3 Jun 26, 2009
"When are parents going to realize that graduation is a serious event and not a basketball game?"

- Maybe when they stop holding them in arenas and football stadiums? Lighten up man, it's a time to celebrate!

"During a visit to the University Park area of Orlando last week, my wife and I were pleasantly surprised by how friendly and gracious the people of that area were. It is very refreshing to visit a large city that can exhibit the grace normally only found in smaller towns, and rarely at that! We were impressed enough that we are in the process of relocating to Orlando in the near future, hoping to make it our permanent home."

- Run, just run and don't look back!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#4 Jun 26, 2009
"To the walkers with dogs along a jogging path around a lake in Windermere: Did you know there is an ordinance against unleashed dogs and for leaving dog business on the ground. Pick it up, and take it with you. I believe the fine is $250.The neighbors will be watching."

And unless the neighbors have badges, they can't do anything about it. Call a cop? "911, there is a guy letting his dog poop. Come quick!" Think anyone would come out to respond to that complaint? Think the offender will still be there when a cop arrives?

"When are parents going to realize that graduation is a serious event and not a basketball game?"
Get the stick out your butt. Its a celebration of a great accompishment, not a funeral. No need to sit quietly with your hands crossed on your lap.
SoSumi

Hackettstown, NJ

#5 Jun 26, 2009
Quote " I'm ticked off that I have no choice but to wear a seat belt, but motorcyclists have the choice of whether to wear a helmet! I'm safer in my car than they are on their cycles! Why not make car passengers wear a helmet just in case they fly through the windshield in an accident." Quote

If you wear the seatbelt you generally don't have to worry about going into or through the windshield. Therefore the helmet would be unnecessary although it could prove helpful in certain accidents. Seriously though, do you realize that when your vehicle runs into something that the vehicle will stop, but your body without a seatbelt will continue at the same speed as the vehicle had been going right over the steering wheel and into or through the windshield or into the dashboard or whatever is in front of you. Don't ever think that your arms can hold you back, because they can't.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#6 Jun 26, 2009
SoSumi wrote:
Quote " I'm ticked off that I have no choice but to wear a seat belt, but motorcyclists have the choice of whether to wear a helmet! I'm safer in my car than they are on their cycles! Why not make car passengers wear a helmet just in case they fly through the windshield in an accident." Quote
If you wear the seatbelt you generally don't have to worry about going into or through the windshield. Therefore the helmet would be unnecessary although it could prove helpful in certain accidents. Seriously though, do you realize that when your vehicle runs into something that the vehicle will stop, but your body without a seatbelt will continue at the same speed as the vehicle had been going right over the steering wheel and into or through the windshield or into the dashboard or whatever is in front of you. Don't ever think that your arms can hold you back, because they can't.
Whether its safer or not is not the issue. Its the government mandate. Its the fact that instead of being responsible for your own safety, nanny state is telling you what you have to do for your own good. I wear my seatbelt, but resent the fact that I don't have a legel choice.
Philip

Orlando, FL

#7 Jun 26, 2009
I Like Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether its safer or not is not the issue. Its the government mandate. Its the fact that instead of being responsible for your own safety, nanny state is telling you what you have to do for your own good. I wear my seatbelt, but resent the fact that I don't have a legel choice.
Yes, that's true. But, it's because when you add up all the idiots that didn't wear seatbelts that got into accidents, it affects auto insurance and for those of us who are a little more responsible, it is upsetting that we have no control as we watch our rates slowly grow higher because of nimrods like the original poster.
Former Biker

Orlando, FL

#8 Jun 27, 2009
SoSumi wrote:
Quote " I'm ticked off that I have no choice but to wear a seat belt, but motorcyclists have the choice of whether to wear a helmet!..." Quote
If you wear the seatbelt you generally don't have to worry about going into or through the windshield. Therefore the helmet would be unnecessary although it could prove helpful in certain accidents. Seriously though, do you realize that when your vehicle runs into something that the vehicle will stop, but your body without a seatbelt will continue at the same speed as the vehicle had been going right over the steering wheel and into or through the windshield or into the dashboard or whatever is in front of you. Don't ever think that your arms can hold you back, because they can't.
If I may expand on this, let's not forget that motorcycle helmet laws are state, not federal based, and it was through the (in my opinion) mis-guided efforts by the motorcyle riders lobby that got the Florida helmet law repealed by Gov. Bush.
Orlandoan

Orlando, FL

#9 Jun 27, 2009
When oh when will Little Lord Juanteroy Lynum get into his thick skull that when a black man is pulled over for a traffic violation in a black neighborhood that doesn't automatically mean he's being racially profiled, no matter the race of the law enforcement officer who pulled him over.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#10 Jun 27, 2009
Philip wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, that's true. But, it's because when you add up all the idiots that didn't wear seatbelts that got into accidents, it affects auto insurance and for those of us who are a little more responsible, it is upsetting that we have no control as we watch our rates slowly grow higher because of nimrods like the original poster.
Solution to that problem? Make wearing a seatbelt a provision of you auto insurance. You get into an accident not waering a seatbelt, the insurance company should be able to levy penalties or even deny claims. That way you become more responsible for YOURSELF. You know the risks of not wearing one, now with an added financial risk. So ify ou don't wear one, you can only harm yourself.
Rational

AOL

#11 Jun 27, 2009
Why should an entire restaurant
full of people be forced to endure
the crying of a baby when they are
spending good money to have an
enjoyable meal in a relaxed setting?
The mother with the noisy kid should
be the one who takes IT out and
quiets it down or if that fails -
gets HER own meal to go. Be consid-
erate of your fellow diners or limit
your meals to McDonalds.
Rasta

Mount Dora, FL

#12 Jun 27, 2009
Disability Expert wrote:
I'm ticked off with people who think they know what disabled means. There are 14 ways to be considered disabled. Not all of them mean we limp, are in wheelchairs, drool on ourselves or show outward signs of disability. Most of us had to go through years of pain and suffering before we could qualify for that disabled spot and will continue to suffer until we die.
You mean I can get a handicapped card just for DROOLING ON MYSELF??

Crap - I qualified for that one years ago.
just me

Orlando, FL

#13 Jun 28, 2009
seat belts save lives...

graduations are usually a once/possibly twice in a life time event..it isn't a magic game. give it at least a little dignity.

I am paying money to go to a movie and enjoy it without a crying baby, same way, I am going out to dinner to enjoy a nice meal, with that, not subject myself to the insisant wail of a baby or small child...it is called consideration.. something we don't seem to give people,other than ourselves, anymore.
SusanB

Casselberry, FL

#15 Jun 29, 2009
The seatbelt law is just a way to make it easier for the cops to stop someone & potentially search their car. Its also a good revenue generator. You dont really think the government cares about your well being do you?
HVCC is a Joke

Leavenworth, KS

#16 Jun 30, 2009
"When are parents going to realize that graduation is a serious event and not a basketball game?"

Lighten up, tons of hard work and the kids made it. a lot of parents get a "raise", end of tuition in most cases!

I will say though, the air horns? Too much.
NonBeliever

AOL

#17 Jun 30, 2009
SusanB wrote:
The seatbelt law is just a way to make it easier for the cops to stop someone & potentially search their car. Its also a good revenue generator. You dont really think the government cares about your well being do you?
Got something in your car you don't want the police to see? Better put that seat belt on, sugar!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Windermere Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Queer Disney Need To Be Executed (Mar '14) Nov 17 IsisIsInDC 2
Review: Ocoee Observer (Jul '10) Oct '17 Donna Kelly 4
Pest Control In Winter Garden www.orlandopestco... Sep '17 Eded 1
News Murder count hits grim 50 in Orange's deadliest... (Oct '06) Aug '17 Johnny 18
News Research: Dropouts flee area schools (Oct '07) May '17 Willieneal123 55
News Windermere family, 3 others face racketeering c... (Dec '08) Oct '16 Clarion 59
Review: Windermere Mobile Pet Grooming (Feb '16) Jul '16 Long time customer 7

Windermere Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Windermere Mortgages