Man's lost dog makes him many new fri...

Man's lost dog makes him many new friends

There are 25 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 4, 2009, titled Man's lost dog makes him many new friends. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

A man's five-month search for his lost dog connected dozens of strangers throughout southwest Orange County with one goal: to find Jake.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Teri

Chicago, IL

#1 Jun 4, 2009
Lost our dog recently, for 36 hours, while friends were watching him for us. Luckily, he came back to their house while we were out there looking for him.

Another site with TONS of free info and recommendations is LostDogSearch.com Please check it out should you ever need help !
Audrey

Maitland, FL

#2 Jun 5, 2009
I am so glad that Jake is safe and back at home. I would be devasted if I ever lost one of my pets. Also, I am happy to know that their are still people willing to help. Ron Betta-you are a true hero and wonderful human being. God Bless You!
CLEANER UPPER

Warwick, RI

#3 Jun 5, 2009
Great ending...Now behave Jake!
Cesar Milan

Orlando, FL

#4 Jun 5, 2009
Jake....SHFFT!!
Bee

Jacksonville, FL

#5 Jun 5, 2009
I didn't find this story heartwarming. More like disturbing.
Dog Found

United States

#6 Jun 5, 2009
I found a Shitzu dog 1" matted hair, covered one eye on Boggy Creek Memorial day weekend. He was so pittful but friendly as he came to me. I spent memorial day weekend cutting the matts off of him and took him to the groomer on Monday. The groomer shaved him down, loved him and told someone else. He was adopted in 6 days and now lives on an acre of land in shang-gra-la off Narcoossee road with three other dogs. The people that never cut this dogs hair and let him go are criminals. This dog was approximately 1 year old.
billy mays

Seymour, TN

#7 Jun 5, 2009
Most people don't care enough about their pets to even put an ID tag collar on them, much less actually look for them when they go missing. It's very nice to read about this story ending happy rather than the usual bad news pet stories about puppy mills or dog fighting. I'm glad to know there are others out there who truly care for animals.
JGallo

Chicago, IL

#8 Jun 5, 2009
What a great story. I'm so inspired by Tim Noonan's determination to find his lost pet. I'm so thankful the dog was able to survive through his 5 month ordeal of being alone on the streets so there could be a happy reunion with his owner. I'm also glad that people cared enough to get involved to help this man reunite with his pet. We all need to do our part to help each other out - a few small phone calls changed this man and this dogs world. It gives me hope for our humanit!!!!
celia mcculty

Fairfield, CT

#9 Jun 5, 2009
He didn't go to extremes, he did what he had to do to find his dog, dead or alive. Thank goodness he was still alive and I'm sure is more protected than ever. If more people felt this way about animals there wouldn't be so many strays and I think some are even dumped on the road to get killed. Easy way to get rid of them. I would have done the same as he did.
celia mcculty

Fairfield, CT

#10 Jun 5, 2009
Bee wrote:
I have to ask why you think the story is disturbing.
the truth

Erie, PA

#11 Jun 5, 2009
Bee wrote:
That is because you are a coldhearted *****!!!:)
Disgusting

Plano, TX

#12 Jun 5, 2009
She is probably related to Michael Vick. People like her don't understand animal lovers. I find THAT disturbing.
Chris L

AOL

#13 Jun 5, 2009
What a wonderful "Happy Ending". Elsewhere in the "Sentinel" is an article about that POS that allowed her dog Ella to starve to death locked in a cage. She's getting off months early on her prison sentence. Are they going to let Casey Anthony out early too......same thing, one killed her dog, the other killed her kid. I hope that skank who starved her dog gets hit by a truck and no one stops to help.
the truth

Erie, PA

#14 Jun 5, 2009
Disgusting wrote:
She is probably related to Michael Vick. People like her don't understand animal lovers. I find THAT disturbing.
agreed...
diz

Bentonville, AR

#15 Jun 5, 2009
Great story!!! A lot of wonderful people out there, looking out for Jake. Job well done, all of you!!!!
steve

Scottsmoor, FL

#16 Jun 5, 2009
This is the best story the sentinel has written all year!!!
Hope

Orlando, FL

#17 Jun 5, 2009
This is a wonderful story - and it gives me a little hope that we'll find our puppy...but I'm afraid that he was stolen. He's a 4 month old chocolate lab - he & our older yellow lab got away from our yard - my husband was out searching within minutes - but only found our yellow lab. We've done the signs, web postings, flyers, the pound, etc...but no luck. I don't think whomever found him wanted to give him back - there is no way they could have missed our signs. Very Sad.
Ron Betta

Orlando, FL

#18 Jun 5, 2009
The story is quite uplifting and I'm glad I played a part in it. What I did, I did because I have a deep level of respect for life - humans and animals. I did for Tim what I hope (and believe) many others would do for me if I were ever in that position. I appreciate all the positive messages and thanks and I am grateful Jake is safe and sound. I did what I felt was right and I hope you will all consider the wonderful benefits of volunteering to help those in need. It feels great!
Ron Betta

Orlando, FL

#19 Jun 5, 2009
Audrey wrote:
I am so glad that Jake is safe and back at home. I would be devasted if I ever lost one of my pets. Also, I am happy to know that their are still people willing to help. Ron Betta-you are a true hero and wonderful human being. God Bless You!
Audrey, thank you very much. I am so glad for Jake and Tim!
Proud Parent of Three

Sanford, FL

#20 Jun 5, 2009
Best news story of the year. What a beautiful dog and owner. That is true love. :0)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Windermere Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Research: Dropouts flee area schools (Oct '07) May '17 Willieneal123 55
Winter Garden racism (Mar '08) May '17 Janssenb 14
Gov. Scott Stop Illegal Gang Stalking and Crook... May '17 Gang stalked in LC 3
tammy witz (Feb '13) May '17 This is OG tammy 4
Wake up our Food and Water is being poisoned!!! Apr '17 Mabel Allen 2
News Ocoee man accused of stabbing roommate during m... Mar '17 Lalonniemonzingo 1
Govenor Scott please investigate these people. Mar '17 Justice in America 1

Windermere Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Windermere Mortgages