5/10: Letters to the Editor

5/10: Letters to the Editor

There are 5 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 9, 2009, titled 5/10: Letters to the Editor. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Looking in the wrong places for true 'evil' As a resident of Central Florida for 42 years and a resident of Orlando for 23 years, I was deeply offended by the recent quote from our mayor after the defeat of SunRail.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Grandma Fudd

Oviedo, FL

#1 May 10, 2009
I have witnessed for the last few months of my long life some of the most incredible and outright stupid things being done and proposed to be done in the future. People planning to spend billions of dollars they don't have, and don't have any idea where they are going to find even the money necessary to pay the interest on the debt should they find it.

We are like the guy in the commercial who shows us his fancy house and car etc. as he rides about on his riding lawn mower over his big lawn, and then announces "You know how I manage to do all this? I'm in debt up to my eyebrows"

My Dad used to always say "You've got champagne tastes but only a beer pocketbook so you'd best curtail all you fancy ideas." I only wish Washington, Tallahassee, Orange County, and Orlando could have a Dad as wise as mine was.

When you are broke, deep in debt, you darned sure don't go out and look to borrow more money and spend money you don't have. In the name of all reason, somebody, please go slap these people and wake them up?

Maitland, FL

#2 May 10, 2009
Evil, adjective.

morally wrong or bad; immoral; wicked: evil deeds; an evil life.

Since big government is Mayors Dyers religion, opposing it is a sin. Making us evil.

Daytona Beach, FL

#3 May 10, 2009
When a "public servant" stoops to calling names like "forces of evil," you know he is desparate and has run out of any good arguments or leadership qualities. What a dumb remark to call the people "evil" that he supposed to serve. In sports we would call the name caller a "poor losers." Good thing Mayor Dyer is going to be forced to retire.
Buddy this

Redwood City, CA

#4 May 10, 2009
Politicians like Buddy and Mel and Rich and one of the great reasons to move away from Orlando/Orange county. I did and it was the best move I ever made.

Windermere, FL

#5 May 10, 2009
"I watch the local news, and lately it has been getting difficult to take. I flinch every time an anchor opens his or her mouth.
Today, an anchor said: "A car containing four riders asked a woman for a cigarette." How does that work, exactly? And what was the car going to do with that cigarette? Oh, and I love it when anchors use this one: "The bad guys." Are you kidding me? Is this news for kiddies?(And aren't people innocent until proven guilty? Who are they to call anyone "the bad guys"?)
My favorite? "A woman was shot by a gun in her head." That's a real beauty. How about some English language lessons for local news writers? No wonder our kids can't write and speak correctly. We're grooming a nation of morons. I want Walter Cronkite back.
Valerie Friedman, Orlando"

I get so frustrated with all the grammatical errors in the newspaper and on TV every day. Don't schools teach English any more? If they do, the students aren't paying attention.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Windermere Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Celebrities in Bella Collina... (Aug '07) Mar 13 Montverde Real Es... 5
Meritage Homes Builds A New Master Community Wa... (Aug '14) Mar 13 Montverde Real Es... 9
News These homeless are not transients - they were y... (Jul '08) Feb '18 Fighting Back 22
Bring Dale Peavey to Justice Dec '17 Justice is Coming 1
Queer Disney Need To Be Executed (Mar '14) Nov '17 IsisIsInDC 2
News Windermere family, 3 others face racketeering c... (Dec '08) Oct '16 Clarion 59
Review: Windermere Mobile Pet Grooming (Feb '16) Jul '16 Long time customer 7

Windermere Jobs

Personal Finance

Windermere Mortgages