Ticked off! @ more talk, less exercise

Ticked off! @ more talk, less exercise

There are 69 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 19, 2009, titled Ticked off! @ more talk, less exercise. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

To all the women who talk during the exercise classes at the Wellness Center: Shut up! It's rude and distracting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Paul Bunyan

Cresco, IA

#1 May 19, 2009
QUOTE Shame on everyone who voted no to Sunrail.I guess you like living back in the 19th century. Why don't we go back to the horse and buggy? END QUOTE

If yu want a toy train to play with, find one on Ebay. If you want a full size train, YOU pay for it. If this fiasco is ever built the cost over runs will be in the Billions.
Paul Bunyan

Cresco, IA

#2 May 19, 2009
OOPS!!!! You instead of yu.
Coleman

Orlando, FL

#4 May 20, 2009
Uh, did I miss a day?(The date of this one is for tomorrow.)
SoSumi

AOL

#6 May 20, 2009
Coleman wrote:
It's a Disney effect. Welcome to TomorrowLand.
SoSumi

AOL

#7 May 20, 2009
Quote "•I'm ticked off at the neighbor who exchanged my clean, new=looking recycle bucket and left a filthy, broken, taped-together one in its place. I'm on oxygen, and walk with a walker, and had to carry that gross unsanitary bucket to my garage." Quote

Perhaps you should have left it there at the curb ( It wasn't yours ) or even just put it on top of the trash.Call up and explain your disability situation and report yours stolen. The trash men might even know who switched buckets with you. It could've been switched by accident too. I don't know what the regulations are but they should give you a new bucket when the old one wears out.
SoSumi

AOL

#8 May 20, 2009
To the closed-minded person who wrote "sicko" in Sharpie marker on my driver's side window (I guess you saw my rainbow sticker). Whom I choose to love is my business. Get a life!

Rather than consider it a slur, I would consider it as his or her signature. A person who would go out of their way to deface someone's car is the "Sicko.
SoSumi

AOL

#9 May 20, 2009
Quote "Why do the media explain in detail how criminals carry out their plans? No wonder why we have so much crime." Quote

They also explain in detail every trick or method that is used by law enforcement to monitor their illegal activities, thereby letting them know how to escape detection. The same is true of national security when the media tells the enemy what sites are protected and what places have the poorest security.
Coleman

Orlando, FL

#10 May 20, 2009
SoSumi wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a Disney effect. Welcome to TomorrowLand.
Thanks. For a moment I thought it was an effect of some of my early in life escapades.
thats life

Lakeland, FL

#11 May 20, 2009
SoSumi wrote:
Quote "Why do the media explain in detail how criminals carry out their plans? No wonder why we have so much crime." Quote
They also explain in detail every trick or method that is used by law enforcement to monitor their illegal activities, thereby letting them know how to escape detection. The same is true of national security when the media tells the enemy what sites are protected and what places have the poorest security.
It's no secret that the media will do ANYTHING to sell a story and out-do the competition.
thats life

Lakeland, FL

#12 May 20, 2009
Coleman wrote:
To get Ticked Off columns newer than the current day just Google like the following example:

Ticked Off Diversions May 22, 2009

(The Friday, May 22, 2009 is already available on-line for example)

If you want to see the Topix responses to newer columns, go to Topix Forum and search for subjects from the newer columns and/or "letters to the Editor" for the date you seek. Ticked Off posts columns several days in advance on-line.

(Hope I was helpful. Now where is my TIP jar...)
thats life

Lakeland, FL

#13 May 20, 2009
•Orange County and its red-light cameras will make a fortune off fines written on its own public-school system by all of the red lights being run by school buses every day. I guess that traffic laws don't apply to public-school bus drivers. It amazes me.(from 5-22-09 column)

School buses: You can't get 'em to go, you can't get 'em to stop!
Doofus Maximus

Lincolnton, NC

#14 May 20, 2009
SoSumi wrote:
The good news is that the average criminal is too stupid to read or watch the news - even idiot news shows like NBC, CBS, or ABC stations. Watching the news takes valuable time that could be better spent sleeping, shoplifting at the Polo outlet, or watching Magic games.
thats life

Lakeland, FL

#15 May 20, 2009
•To the people who don't curb their dogs when they walk them. Our children can't even play in our own yard because you don't have the decency to pick up after your pets. Use your own yard.(from 5-22-09 column)

I work at a thrift store/donation center and we routinely get donations of items such as furniture, carpets, etc. that have pet urine stains, odor and matted pet hair all over them and these donors expect that we are going to put these items out on the retail store floor for someone else to purchase. I'm certain they wouldn't buy such things themselves. You talk about absolutely DISGUSTING!!! They deserve to sleep on such stuff themselves. And for those who actually do lounge on such furniture, you aren't even human. You are REVOLTING!!! Don't you DARE bring such GARBAGE to any thrift store. And we are not throwing it in OUR dumpster for you either! You take that CRAP to the landfill yourselves!
Doofus Maximus

Lincolnton, NC

#16 May 20, 2009
That last post is hilarious!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#17 May 21, 2009
SoSumi wrote:
I don't know what the regulations are but they should give you a new bucket when the old one wears out.
My friend has been in his house for over a decade. There were no recycle bins when he moved in. He called to get some and was told they were already issued to that address and would not issue him new ones for free. Wanted to charge him. So he has no recycle bins. Every now and then he tries again, but gets the same answer, "you want a new one? You gotta pay."
Some Other Guy

Orlando, FL

#18 May 21, 2009
To the closed-minded person who wrote "sicko" in Sharpie marker on my driver's side window (I guess you saw my rainbow sticker). Whom I choose to love is my business.
I don't agree with your idea of "love," but I would defend your right to be left alone.

I'd say "Maybe you shouldn't rub it in people's faces with your rainbow sticker," except that would sound like it was justifying what that idiot did.

Of course, just because he's wrong doesn't make you right.
JAFO

Longwood, FL

#19 May 21, 2009
voting NO on the train does not equate to 19th century thought processes...

that is when the trains were built in this country and it was the only modern method of land transport.

they kept costs down and profits up by ruthless monopolies and the generous use of slave labor.
The Lorax

Kissimmee, FL

#20 May 21, 2009
Some Other Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree with your idea of "love," but I would defend your right to be left alone.
I'd say "Maybe you shouldn't rub it in people's faces with your rainbow sticker," except that would sound like it was justifying what that idiot did.
A very interesting post. I have a few friends who are gay, and none of them go around displaying their preference to the public, except in so much as their speech or ornamentation might give them away. No stickers, besloganed shirts, flags, banners,... nada. Some of the nicest people I've ever been acquainted with.

I've also been acquainted with the some who feel it's an obligation or some kind of duty to announce to the world who they are and it's ALMOST like having the schoolyard bully walk up and poke you in the chest and say, "Whaddayoo gonna do about it?"

It's been my experience that the two different groups don't get along so well.

Kinda like the religious folks who have to show all the rest of the world how devoted they are as opposed to the truly devout who do their thing without worrying about whether or not they're noticed.

Anyone remember the saying that says something to the effect that the guiltier one is, the louder they talk???

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#21 May 21, 2009
Some Other Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
And what exactly are they "rubbing in people's face" by having their rainbow sticker?

Since: Aug 07

Indialantic, FL

#22 May 21, 2009
thats life wrote:
•To the people who don't curb their dogs when they walk them. Our children can't even play in our own yard because you don't have the decency to pick up after your pets. Use your own yard.(from 5-22-09 column)
Alright, we get it, you can google...now can you just wait and post comments in the appropriate ticked off forum?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Windermere Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Resist judging whole groups by despicable acts ... Aug 18 katie smalls 23
I have a male yorkie looking for a female yorki... (Sep '14) Aug 11 kevin rodriguez 2
News Best places to get lucky with the lottery Jul '15 gena 1
News Murder count hits grim 50 in Orange's deadliest... (Oct '06) Jun '15 Matt 12
News Political notebook: Canan to speak at Democrati... Jun '15 Taxtaxtax 1
News Jindal willing to look at national marijuana la... Jun '15 Billy Ringo 2
News 250 laid-off at Disney, replaced with Indian H1... Jun '15 wild child 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Windermere Mortgages