Where is the ghetto in Winchester?

Where is the ghetto in Winchester?

Posted in the Winchester Forum

Baba Booey

Winchester, VA

#1 Jul 25, 2013
I'm just curious as to which neighborhoods the locals feel I should avoid vs my own first impression/instinct.

Where is the hood in WInchester?

Bonus question: Is there is "ghetto culture" in Winchester? What I mean is, do you find many people glorifying guns, drugs, violence etc. here as you do in larger cities?

Thanks, or as they say in the hood,

Good look.
COTH

Cumming, GA

#2 Jul 28, 2013
Not sure if your being sarcastic or not, but I don't think there is a "ghetto culture" in Winchester where people glorify guns or the "thug life". There definitely are some small areas that I would avoid after dark, Kent St being the main one. Some parts of Kent St are nice, but trust me, you won't have any problems figuring out the bad parts.
Kwame Najo Tetteh

Astoria, NY

#3 Sep 29, 2013
It's a joke that you would even ask this question. There is no type of ghetto anywhere within even a hundred mile radius of Winchester, VA. None. The locals might think there are certain areas to be avoided for whatever reason, but danger does not exist. Crime is minimal too.

Any "ghetto culture" is a result of pop culture and is completely fabricated. Nobody is "hood" in Winchester. I would doubt that anyone has ever even seen a true crime ridden neighborhood firsthand. Nobody in Winchester sells rocks on the corner, or robs people, or owns an illegal firearm, or shoots dice and moves weight out of a trap house, or murders people. Nobody does anything like that. Nobody is a "rider." Nobody is a "pimp." Nobody is a "G." Nobody is a "goon." They're all members of a privileged class and are living in an economically booming town in one of the safest regions of the entire country.

If anyone from Winchester, VA came up to me and told me to run my pockets I would LAUGH in their face. I would walk down Kent Street at 2:00 AM wearing a gold chain and Jordans, texing on my iPhone with $1000 hanging out of my pocket holding an ounce of weed and NOBODY would do ANYTHING. I promise you.

Winchester is soft.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#5 Nov 2, 2013
FUNNY he talks of the part where the negros hang out and can do what they like cause the white man is afraid of them....and he should be they will murder each other over a exchange of words.....why your glorious country has went down the drain...the more freedom they give you then more you expect and feel somebody owes you something.....yes there are some great African Americans but too many have thrown aside hard work and effort into the Patty party and think your owed something....nobody owes you shit do something with your life
Kwame Najo Tetteh

Astoria, NY

#6 Nov 3, 2013
Homerfudge wrote:
FUNNY he talks of the part where the negros hang out and can do what they like cause the white man is afraid of them....and he should be they will murder each other over a exchange of words.....why your glorious country has went down the drain...the more freedom they give you then more you expect and feel somebody owes you something.....yes there are some great African Americans but too many have thrown aside hard work and effort into the Patty party and think your owed something....nobody owes you shit do something with your life
LOL @ anyone murdering anyone in Winchester, Virginia.

LOL @ thinking more than .5% of the African American population actually thinks white people owe them reparations.

LOL @ you.
poopy tray

Georgetown, KY

#7 Nov 9, 2013
college street, those red apartments. Bad things happen there.
Tryna gethigh

Stephens City, VA

#8 Feb 15, 2014
Man f*** the crime where's the weed man at I'm Tryna get high f*** the dumb s**+
Kwame Najo Tetteh

Astoria, NY

#9 Feb 20, 2014
Tryna gethigh wrote:
Man f*** the crime where's the weed man at I'm Tryna get high f*** the dumb s**+
You sound stupid.
Bob

Mardela Springs, MD

#10 Apr 3, 2014
The Ghetto is anywhere that the coons hang out at!
brufersmith

United States

#11 Apr 3, 2014
All Va. is a ghetto? biggest plantation feeding it all is D.C.. Thug factory of the U.S.
marquis

Oak Park, MI

#13 May 3, 2014
Cross the tracks to Fredrick Douglas Park area and Kent St. Cops busy every night.
Big hurt zzz

Newark, NJ

#15 Oct 29, 2014
Kwame Najo Tetteh wrote:
It's a joke that you would even ask this question. There is no type of ghetto anywhere within even a hundred mile radius of Winchester, VA. None. The locals might think there are certain areas to be avoided for whatever reason, but danger does not exist. Crime is minimal too.
Any "ghetto culture" is a result of pop culture and is completely fabricated. Nobody is "hood" in Winchester. I would doubt that anyone has ever even seen a true crime ridden neighborhood firsthand. Nobody in Winchester sells rocks on the corner, or robs people, or owns an illegal firearm, or shoots dice and moves weight out of a trap house, or murders people. Nobody does anything like that. Nobody is a "rider." Nobody is a "pimp." Nobody is a "G." Nobody is a "goon." They're all members of a privileged class and are living in an economically booming town in one of the safest regions of the entire country.
If anyone from Winchester, VA came up to me and told me to run my pockets I would LAUGH in their face. I would walk down Kent Street at 2:00 AM wearing a gold chain and Jordans, texing on my iPhone with $1000 hanging out of my pocket holding an ounce of weed and NOBODY would do ANYTHING. I promise you.
Winchester is soft.
Where's tha gas or anything to smoke at in this bitch! I drive a truck and it's dead thru this bitch lol
Getittogether

Gaithersburg, MD

#16 Apr 28, 2016
Homerfudge wrote:
You are so lost I will pray for you
Getittogether

Gaithersburg, MD

#17 Apr 28, 2016
Bob wrote:
The Ghetto is anywhere that the coons hang out at!
Keep your mom from around there
Welcome to hell

United States

#18 May 7, 2016
This whole town almost is a shit hole no real ghetto tho
Please tell

Martinsburg, WV

#19 Saturday Feb 25
Kwame Najo Tetteh wrote:

Winchester is soft.
Fool

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Wave2net (Apr '11) Tue Ian 76
What site do i use to do a free background check ? (Nov '13) Mar 13 SBaer 11
Gore Music Thread Mar 10 Musikologist 3
This generation is stupid! Mar 9 This Generation S... 1
Corruption (Feb '13) Feb 25 Please tell 4
Lakeside Cell Tower Feb 23 netsil01 1
Found set of false teeth Feb '17 Tinker 1

Winchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance