Accident on route 7 in Clark County

Accident on route 7 in Clark County

Posted in the Winchester Forum

Curious

Winchester, VA

#1 May 25, 2009
Does anyone know what happened this morning. There was a terrible accident with a truck on fire. Did the people survive?
Witness

AOL

#2 May 27, 2009
My husband was one of guys that was able to pull two people out of the truck before it burnt up. Unfortunately, the driver was trapped and they were unable to free him so he did not survive. The two that were pulled from the truck were alive when the ambulances took them away, but we have no idea how serious their injuries were and are hoping to find out if they make it. We were in the market when it happened so we did not see it--only heard the crash and the explosion. It appears that the truck pulled out of a side street right into the path of the oncoming SUV.
Curious

Winchester, VA

#3 May 28, 2009
Thank you for letting me know.

I think we must have come upon it just minutes after it happened. I haven't been able to get it out of my head and I have been feeling rather sad. I wish the news would update us on the condition of the two that were pulled out. I would like to see something positive come out of the whole tragedy. Thank goodnes for your husband and the other guy that helped the passengers.
Curious

Merrillville, IN

#4 May 28, 2009
Did the driver appear to be conscience when he was trapped? The last I heard is that the girl passenger is in bad shape, some head injuries and internal injuries. Nothing has been released for this accident yet. The driver was a friend of mine. His funeral will be this saturday in stephens city va. Such a shame 24 years old.
Witness

AOL

#5 May 29, 2009
A representative from the fire department called us last night and said that all indications were that the driver died upon impact. He also said that both passengers were pretty seriously injured. We're hoping and praying that they both pull through. We're very sorry for the loss of your friend. My husband has been very upset that they were not able to get him out. He definitely was not conscious though, and as I said the fire fighters believe he was dead before the fire got to him. They told us they would keep us updated on the progress of the other two so if I get any more information, I will post it here.
Curious

Merrillville, IN

#6 Jun 3, 2009
Thank you very much. Its sad that someone so young dies in something we all take for granted. This should be a reminder to wear seat belts and pay attention. Your husband is a hero for doing what he did. He saved two lives that day. Make sure he remembers that.
what happened

Winchester, VA

#7 Jun 19, 2009
What happened yesterday on rt 7 near Triple J rd. car crash multiple cars plus eighteen wheeler.
Megan

Winchester, VA

#8 Aug 4, 2009
Curious wrote:
Thank you very much. Its sad that someone so young dies in something we all take for granted. This should be a reminder to wear seat belts and pay attention. Your husband is a hero for doing what he did. He saved two lives that day. Make sure he remembers that.
i just came across this on the internet i know it has been a couple of months buy my fiance was one of the people in this accident and i lost my best friend which was the driver. both of the survivors are doing much better and i wanted to thank everyone for being so concerned.
what happened

Winchester, VA

#9 Aug 4, 2009
To Megan So sorry I know the pain of losing someone so close and so young.
Many Prayers
T. Hart
Berryville Va.
Megan

Winchester, VA

#10 Aug 4, 2009
what happened wrote:
To Megan So sorry I know the pain of losing someone so close and so young.
Many Prayers
T. Hart
Berryville Va.
thanks so much to you and for the prayers!
Megan

Winchester, VA

#11 Aug 4, 2009
also i wanted to say that if anyone knows any of the people that helped pull my fiance and friend out if the people do not mind, our families would love to thank you for everything that you did to help them. we understand if you would like to for that information to stay private.
Megan

Winchester, VA

#12 Aug 12, 2009
Witness wrote:
My husband was one of guys that was able to pull two people out of the truck before it burnt up. Unfortunately, the driver was trapped and they were unable to free him so he did not survive. The two that were pulled from the truck were alive when the ambulances took them away, but we have no idea how serious their injuries were and are hoping to find out if they make it. We were in the market when it happened so we did not see it--only heard the crash and the explosion. It appears that the truck pulled out of a side street right into the path of the oncoming SUV.
\
tell you husband thank you for me. my fiance was one of the people in this accident and the only reason he survived was because of people like your husband. both of the survivors are making a recovery but it is going to be a long road.
Witness

AOL

#13 Sep 2, 2009
Thanks for the update Megan. We are so happy to hear that the survivors are recovering. My husband still thinks about the accident and has wondered how they were doing. We did give our contact information to the police at the scene and asked to be kept updated, but we never heard anything. Please know that both of them are in our thoughts and prayer. We would really appreciate it if you would continue to keep us updated our their condition.
Megan

Winchester, VA

#14 Sep 2, 2009
i definitly will keep you updated. im not sure if you saw the article in the winchester star a little while back but it was also a thank you to everyone that has helped us in the last couple months. thanks again!
Witness

Alexandria, VA

#15 Sep 3, 2009
You are very welcome. No, we didn't see the article. We live in Purcellville so we don't get the Winchester newspapers. I'm glad I found this board as it's made us very happy to hear that your fiance and his friend are recovering.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Places for rent Thu Mysterious1 1
Review: Wave2net (Apr '11) Mar 21 Ian 76
What site do i use to do a free background check ? (Nov '13) Mar 13 SBaer 11
Gore Music Thread Mar 10 Musikologist 3
This generation is stupid! Mar 9 This Generation S... 1
Where is the ghetto in Winchester? (Jul '13) Feb 25 Please tell 16
Corruption (Feb '13) Feb 25 Please tell 4

Winchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance