Review: Wave2net

Posted in the Winchester Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ResidentofWinche ster

Silver Springs, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 18, 2011
 

Judged:

9

This company is represented by a crook. Will take your money, provide no service, and refuse a refund.
Research for yourself.
Wave2Net

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 7, 2011
 

Judged:

3

1

1

There has been quite a few of these posts around the net. You would not happen to be a Winchester Wireless Customer would you? Perhaps you are the company Winchester Wireless. We are aware of your efforts to smear us with onsided and false statements. Research for yoursef? Sounds like what Winchester Wireless tells customers who threaten to go to Wave2Net for better service. You do this as a scare tactic while not being able offer any solutions to their problems.
yeaaa

District Heights, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 4, 2011
 

Judged:

4

I've had wave2net but switched to Winc wireless. W2n would go out for days at a time to no resolve. And the guys there were always rude. I've heard some rumors too about their work ethic. They still kept trying to bill me months after I stopped their service. 2 thumbs down.
Wave2Net

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 5, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

yeaaa wrote:
I've had wave2net but switched to Winc wireless. W2n would go out for days at a time to no resolve. And the guys there were always rude. I've heard some rumors too about their work ethic. They still kept trying to bill me months after I stopped their service. 2 thumbs down.
The above comment is typical of a Winchester Wireless customer. Go bad mouth Wave2Net online and talk up Winchester Wireless. Do you get credits or payments to do this? Wave2Net does not condone rude behavior from any its employees. As for service going out for days with no resolve this is false. If there is a problem with your service it is addressed and resolved if possible. As for billing, our customers are billed for servics rendered and credited for unused service.
ken

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 21, 2011
 

Judged:

2

First off, I rarely ever write a bad review online because that is what you see the most of. Typically I write good reviews for companys, unfortunately this is not he case here. I have been a wave2net customer for almost 5 years now. certainly not the best service but the only service available in our area, in other words if cable or dsl was available I would make a transition. The short summary; when it works it does work; when it is down, it is down for days. I am on a plan which offers 2mbx2mb and have yet to see the speeds. Packet loss is assumable and almost predictable. I use and keep my Verizon aircard for a backup and use it often on a monthly basis. I made efforts and complained during the first couple years with more fustration and practically no technical support. What little support they have will take days and into weeks to resolve. The bottom line; its a small ISP who is capitalizing on an untouched market that is not built out by the broadband companys, yet. FIOS or Cable will eliminate this company and its competitors....soon! In the meantime I continue suffering.
child_of_the_hoo dlum

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 6, 2011
 
What, no "this must be a winc wireless customer" response from wave2net? Thanks for honest review Ken.

Since: Jul 11

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 2, 2011
 
child_of_the_hoodlum wrote:
What, no "this must be a winc wireless customer" response from wave2net? Thanks for honest review Ken.
My Company uses Wave2net, we have one of their transponders on our building and get free service. It is up most of the time and speed is JUST OK.There is definitely plenty of downtime though! CABLE or DSL would be WAY better, but free is a good deal.
Mark

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 10, 2011
 

Judged:

3

1

1

ResidentofWinchester wrote:
This company is represented by a crook. Will take your money, provide no service, and refuse a refund.
Research for yourself.
I'm a current customer of Winchester wireless for over a year now. The service is pretty unreliable. I have outages virtually every day. It last just seconds sometimes and 15 minutes to an hour other times.
Comcast is not an option in my area but if it was I would be hooked up !
Mark

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 10, 2011
 

Judged:

1

P.S. The scare tactics listed above are true. "our competition is much less reliable
than we are. Believe me you don't want to make that move...
Winchester Wireless

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 3, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Lillie Lee, please get in touch with our office to speak with us about possibly having your company be a repeater broadcast site for our company. We will also provide free service in return for these rebroadcast rights. We can offer referrals of other tower sites if your company decision maker would like to check out our references.

Oh, and by the way, Winchester Wireless staff members do NOT write any of these reviews that are out on the internet. I know that Wave2Net and its staff would like to hope that this is just simply an effort by our company to "smear" their company, but that is simply not the case. We do not need to engage in false testimonials to get customers on our service. We have and always will provide service with a 30 day 100% money back guarantee, as well as NO CONTRACT, ever. We offer the lowest cost service in the area, and if it doesn't work, you get your money back - no worries. Wave2Net has somewhat changed their pricing model to begin offering no contract and moderately lowering their prices, but the only reason they have done any of that is because of our company. We came into this market at $39.99/mo - not $59.99/mo or higher. We put our BEST FOOT FORWARD from DAY ONE, for you, the customer. We did not charge more just because we could. We charged a fair rate for the service we were going to offer. If customers are unhappy with a product or service, it is their perrogative to post about it on the public internet. Our company will not ever engage in a smear campaign against another company, frankly because we do not have to. Our service speaks for itself, and as of the date of writing this post, we have probably lost 1 customer to Wave2Net for every 15 customers of theirs we have gained. Ask yourself, why is that? It's not because we have a Wave2Net customer list and are target marketing to them. It is because they heard about our company somehow and are seeking us out. So, if you are a prospective customer reading these reviews, feel free to try us for 30 days and see if things are what you expect them to be. If they are not, then you'll get 100% of your original invoice paid back to you, no risk. If you want to try another company, do that too. It is your right. We welcome the opportunity to serve you if you choose. And if not, we still offer computer sales and repair services through the other division of our company, Custom Computers, and we will be glad to help you in any other way you may need, both now and in the future.

Thanks for reading. Good luck, and God bless.

Winchester Wireless Staff

Our mission statement is comprised by these two verses: Romans 8:28 & Colossians 3:23
Winchester Wireless

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 3, 2011
 
Mark,

Please call our office on Monday if you monitor posts on this site. We would like to talk to you about whatever issues you are having and get them resolved. Ask to speak with the owner of the company directly, please. Reference this reply to your posting when calling. Thank you.
Wave2Net

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 26, 2012
 
ken wrote:
First off, I rarely ever write a bad review online because that is what you see the most of. Typically I write good reviews for companys, unfortunately this is not he case here. I have been a wave2net customer for almost 5 years now. certainly not the best service but the only service available in our area, in other words if cable or dsl was available I would make a transition. The short summary; when it works it does work; when it is down, it is down for days. I am on a plan which offers 2mbx2mb and have yet to see the speeds. Packet loss is assumable and almost predictable. I use and keep my Verizon aircard for a backup and use it often on a monthly basis. I made efforts and complained during the first couple years with more fustration and practically no technical support. What little support they have will take days and into weeks to resolve. The bottom line; its a small ISP who is capitalizing on an untouched market that is not built out by the broadband companys, yet. FIOS or Cable will eliminate this company and its competitors....soon! In the meantime I continue suffering.
Ken,

How did you find this site and why did you feel the need to comment here? We appreciate feedback and comments that are constructive. The offering of the 2MbpsX2Mbps is a very old plan as we no longer offer synchronous bandwidth. You must also understand that our service is a best effort service and your bandwidth will vary. If you have been with us for 5 years then we thank you for giving us a shot, you must know that 5 years ago when lots of companies thought better about it.(Delivering wireless broadband )We did it! It was not perfect then but it is much better now.

We do not anticipate nor do we plan on being eliminated by the likes of any Telco. In fact we compete with them with our newer technologies on a daily basis offering speeds up to 20Mbs and do quite well.

As for not getting call back from support and being down for days. This is not our intention and certainly not the norm. While this is a late reply to your post feel free to contact us and let us know exactly what is going on. We have a variety of solutions to improve any technology installed 5 years ago.
Wave2Net

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 26, 2012
 
yeaaa wrote:
I've had wave2net but switched to Winc wireless. W2n would go out for days at a time to no resolve. And the guys there were always rude. I've heard some rumors too about their work ethic. They still kept trying to bill me months after I stopped their service. 2 thumbs down.
Once more another post aimed only to glorify Winchester Wireless. However yeaaa, loss of service for days is not the norm for our company. No one in our company is allowed to be rude to any customer regardless of what is being done to them with the exception of attempted bodily harm. We have a clear and precise procedure of cancelling service and we do not attempt to charge for services we do not render. They are clearly stated in our terms of service that would have been give to you and on our website. We hope that in the future should you need any of our services you will contact us.
Wave2Net

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 26, 2012
 
child_of_the_hoodlum wrote:
What, no "this must be a winc wireless customer" response from wave2net? Thanks for honest review Ken.
child_of_the_hoodlum,

This site is for reviews of our company. Do you have a review? We would like to read it so that we may better serve our customers.
Wave2Net

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 26, 2012
 
Lillie Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
My Company uses Wave2net, we have one of their transponders on our building and get free service. It is up most of the time and speed is JUST OK.There is definitely plenty of downtime though! CABLE or DSL would be WAY better, but free is a good deal.
Lillie Lee,

We monitor all of our repeater sites 24/7 and are aware of any issues. We are very interested in knowing who you are and what problems you are having. Please contact us or inform the owner of the building.
Wave2Net

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 26, 2012
 
Winchester Wireless wrote:
Lillie Lee, please get in touch with our office to speak with us about possibly having your company be a repeater broadcast site for our company. We will also provide free service in return for these rebroadcast rights. We can offer referrals of other tower sites if your company decision maker would like to check out our references.
Oh, and by the way, Winchester Wireless staff members do NOT write any of these reviews that are out on the internet. I know that Wave2Net and its staff would like to hope that this is just simply an effort by our company to "smear" their company, but that is simply not the case. We do not need to engage in false testimonials to get customers on our service. We have and always will provide service with a 30 day 100% money back guarantee, as well as NO CONTRACT, ever. We offer the lowest cost service in the area, and if it doesn't work, you get your money back - no worries. Wave2Net has somewhat changed their pricing model to begin offering no contract and moderately lowering their prices, but the only reason they have done any of that is because of our company. We came into this market at $39.99/mo - not $59.99/mo or higher. We put our BEST FOOT FORWARD from DAY ONE, for you, the customer. We did not charge more just because we could. We charged a fair rate for the service we were going to offer. If customers are unhappy with a product or service, it is their perrogative to post about it on the public internet. Our company will not ever engage in a smear campaign against another company, frankly because we do not have to. Our service speaks for itself, and as of the date of writing this post, we have probably lost 1 customer to Wave2Net for every 15 customers of theirs we have gained. Ask yourself, why is that? It's not because we have a Wave2Net customer list and are target marketing to them. It is because they heard about our company somehow and are seeking us out. So, if you are a prospective customer reading these reviews, feel free to try us for 30 days and see if things are what you expect them to be. If they are not, then you'll get 100% of your original invoice paid back to you, no risk. If you want to try another company, do that too. It is your right. We welcome the opportunity to serve you if you choose. And if not, we still offer computer sales and repair services through the other division of our company, Custom Computers, and we will be glad to help you in any other way you may need, both now and in the future.
Thanks for reading. Good luck, and God bless.
Winchester Wireless Staff
Our mission statement is comprised by these two verses: Romans 8:28 & Colossians 3:23
Wave2Net offers the following anology.

If some of the posts here are not instigated, made or otherwise coerced by Winchester Wireless. Why are they hear posting and asking for business on a page the was created to review Wave2Net?

You can find them on virtually any page our name is mentioned. These pages are almost always negative. They were even on a fake Wave2Net facebook page that was pretending to be us until we created an official page.

We maintain our belief that Winchester Wireless makes or instigate a great deal of negative posts towards Wave2Net on the Internet.

We welcome any current past or potential customer to visit our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wave2Net-Offici... and tell us what you think. We do not delete posts simply because we do not like what you say. Our page is open for posting as long as you like the page. There are no special discussion groups to subscribe to either.
Jim

District Heights, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

I am in a neutral position between the two companies. However, I have had Winchester wireless for a number of years now. I am in college and take networking as a major, as this may or may not add credibility to my review. Also I would like to state I have not had any service or affiliation yet with wave2net. In the past few years, I agree with the previous poster that service has been very spotty. It will have redundant daily outages even at non peak hours. Being familiar with routers and networking, I have tried everything I can with my end such as port forwarding and dmz among other things to help but it just doesn't seem to make a difference. The speed does increase at around midnight but the reliability is still the EXACT same. They have told me just about the same thing every time I call. They either have a fix coming or they will try a fix on their end, it never works. It's odd to me that over the past few years they say they have fixes coming but my connections show no visible improvements. Either they don't work or just possibly haven't been implemented, I'm not going to speculate. I have a very good friend on their service in mount falls park and his service is identical. They are nice people, but I personally think the towers that house their access points are just oversubscribed. This is about as good and honest a review I can give. This is 100% unbiased. Again they are very polite people, but I'm not paying monthly for friends I'm paying for a solid connection which I don't get.
Ahura

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 16, 2012
 
When I lived on Apple Pie Ridge Rd, we used Wave2Net. It was pretty awesome considering we couldn't get anything else. You guys have got to understand it's radio wave internet, not cables. If mine went out, I just reset the antenna and it came right back up. They were super friendly, and when I needed to ditch my landlord and move out they came right out and cancelled my service for me no questions asked.
Also used Wave2Net at my workplace on Rt 7. They were always willing to come in and help us with our networking problems (which was frequently since my boss was a moron).
Nothing but good things to say.
Unhappy Client

Martinsburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 30, 2012
 
We were out 6 days in March. Took that long for someone to fix the problem.That is the norm for us.
Answering machine states the call will be returned. Have called in there numerous times in a row and left messages and talked with someone at front desk and still no call back. And yes, I am still customer of w2n because I don't have any other option.
Tired of all the extra billing for fixes that should have been done on installation.
Upset

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jun 21, 2012
 

Judged:

5

2

1

Maybe Wave2Net should work on improving their service before they damage control on their awful reputation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Winchester Discussions

Search the Winchester Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 12 hr Annie 1,350
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr 14 Jim 1,434
Review: Andrew G Gilfillan Dental - Frank J Var... (Apr '11) Apr 8 anonymous 21
Where is the ghetto in Winchester? (Jul '13) Apr 3 brufersmith 10
Stephens Landing Homeowners Association - BEWARE! (Sep '13) Mar '14 JVG 4
My old PWP friends Mar '14 PWP Friend 1
How much will my car insurance cost (please rea... Feb '14 Abeer 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Winchester Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Winchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••