unknown fan

Warrenton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2007

so what do you all think about the county rules. Noise ordinance, cerfew ect.....
no fan at all

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2007

I geuss that depends on if you live in the area or not. if I lived in the area it could get anoying to hear it late into the night every weekend. what are some other options for everyone to be happy. I would suggest races earlier in the day.

Winchester Va.
me u know who

Hammonton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2007

well guess that would be an option. but alot of people racing work on saturdays
HELP ME

Stephens City, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2007

EARD GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS TRACK WOULD LIKE TO VISIT DIRECTIONS AND RACE TIMES WOULD BE GREAT THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
purplerose22603

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2007

HELP ME wrote:
EARD GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS TRACK WOULD LIKE TO VISIT DIRECTIONS AND RACE TIMES WOULD BE GREAT THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
If you are looking additional info on the track go to www.winchestervaspeedway.com
DIRT TRACK FAN

Stafford, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2007

THEN DONT BUY OR MOVE NEAR THE SPEEDWAY
THERE HAPPENS TO BE A LOT OF PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF WHO ENJOY DIRT TRACK RACING!!!!

“Purplerose22603”

Since: Jun 07

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2007

My husband races there. The track has been there since 1936. This was a long time before most of the houses in the area were even built.
Mindy23

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2007

I have been going to the track since i was 8, and i lived close by when i was little and i loved to hear the noise i remeber asking my mom what it was..and she told me and i was like PLEASE LETS GO, one night we did and i have been a fan since...I LOVE IT...it should never ever be taking away...its one of the best things Winchester has to offer...thanks..Mindy
Racing if Life

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2007

That race track has been there longer than those houses. If you dont like the noise, maybe you shouldnt have bought a house so close to the track
FanOfMany

Warrenton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2007

the Winchester Speedway has many generations of local drivers. They cannot race "earlier" in the day because it causes the track to dry out quicker, then you all would have the dust to complain about. I look forward to the races on weekends. I'd rather my kids be going to the racetrack with their spare time. It keeps them out of mischeif. Winchester needs more things of this nature for people to attend instead of everyone triing to turn it into a "retirement community"
FanOfMany

Warrenton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2007

"In 1937, a race in Winchester - in a field across the road from the airport - was the first race not held on a fairground. The Airport Speedway, now the Winchester Speedway, is still active and the oldest on its original site in Virginia."

What a history, Why would anyone want to change this???? Be proud that you live so close. The so called "noise" has been there for 70 years.
Smith1s

Mineral, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2007

The same thing is happening in Shenandoah at the race track there. People buy a house near the track than complain about the noise. Very simple to fix don't buy the house. Winchester was put on the map because of the race track.
Brannon racing

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2007

ok They dont want to stop the race track bc of loud noise...the Curfew thing is at midnight and its a state law in Virgina..... actually the house behind the race track has been there for a very long time before the track was built..... It doesnt cause problems only if the semi-lates/limited latemodel sportsmen would not wreck every 2 laps....but if everything goes well the show would end around 10:30 instead...about the curfew thing its only on saturday nights/Sundays bc of Church on sundays......If they would run on fridays there would be no curfew!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Winchester Discussions

Search the Winchester Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Wed abe 1,349
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr 14 Jim 1,434
Review: Andrew G Gilfillan Dental - Frank J Var... (Apr '11) Apr 8 anonymous 21
Where is the ghetto in Winchester? (Jul '13) Apr 3 brufersmith 10
Stephens Landing Homeowners Association - BEWARE! (Sep '13) Mar '14 JVG 4
Review: Wave2net (Apr '11) Mar '14 They are crooks 38
My old PWP friends Mar '14 PWP Friend 1
•••
•••