What's Happening At Decherd City Hall?
info 4 u

Winchester, TN

#593 Apr 14, 2010
Just one more thing for you wat you drug test al the officers in Decherd and see what the turn out of that is police officers smoke more pot and do more drug than walmart sells toilet paper
GETTER DONE

Winchester, TN

#594 Apr 14, 2010
I TELL YOU WHAT IS SAD. I KNOW THE FREEZE AND COLVIN FAMILY. NONE OF THEM HAVE EVER BEEN ARRESTED OR NEVER HAD THERE KIDS TOOK AWAY FROM THEM. THEY ALL HAVE HOUSE MORTGAGES, DRIVE NICE CARS. IS THAT REALLY THE IMPORTANT FACT NO THEY ARE NOT WHAT PEOPLE PUT THEM OUT TO BE. THEY ARE CHRISTIAN PEOPLE, WHAT WE NEEDED RUNNING THE TOWN. I HAVE SEEN THE SORRY ASS AHIT PEOPLE HAVE SAID ABOUT THEM AND IT TOTALLY MAKES ME SICK. I WORK IN A FACTORY AND HAVE FOR 9 YEARS IN DECHERD AND I HEAR THINGS ABOUT THE CURRENT PEOPLE IN OFFICE MORE THAN I EVER HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THE PREVIOUS ONES
GETTER DONE

Winchester, TN

#595 Apr 14, 2010
info 4 u wrote:
Just one more thing for you wat you drug test al the officers in Decherd and see what the turn out of that is police officers smoke more pot and do more drug than walmart sells toilet paper
YEA MAYBE THAT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA DRUG TEST THE CITY WORKERS ALL OF THEM
Wagner Creek

Smithfield, NC

#596 Apr 14, 2010
wouldnt you like to know wrote:
<quoted text> Who the hell are you one thing let me inform you that you are not GOD so who are you do judge it was a damn dog not a human
Hang on there! The dog was the property of the citizens of Decherd. If a person would neglect and abuse one of God's creatures, then what would they do to a human being they arrested. That particular dog was professionally trained and very expensive.
This was a horrible mistake. So, listen jerk, that happens to be our dog that you are talking about. He worked all over the county to help protect our children and others from drugs. Remember these two guys carried guns and had authority over human beings. I have no sympathy for these guys and I hope the grand jury indicts them.
RITA

Winchester, TN

#597 Apr 14, 2010
Oh My this is like soap opera tv only nissan breaks lol
Wagner Creek

Smithfield, NC

#598 Apr 14, 2010
info 4 u wrote:
Just one more thing for you wat you drug test al the officers in Decherd and see what the turn out of that is police officers smoke more pot and do more drug than walmart sells toilet paper
All the employees of Decherd take Drug tests and pass them before they are hired. They are subject to drug tests at any point in time while working for Decherd.
Wagner Creek

Smithfield, NC

#599 Apr 14, 2010
call it how i see it wrote:
the police chief is always handing out hot dogs at his little soccer gatherings we cant keep our streets protected from all the officers watching ross coach soccer it is insane that the officers are posted at every soccer event instead of protecting our community
You know if the parents of these kids would step up and coach the soccer kids, then the police would not have to do it. Are you mad because you did not get a hot dog or what. It is called community relations for the police department.
mrfranly

United States

#600 Apr 15, 2010
No K-9 Officers Puts Franklin County Sheriff In Bind
Posted: Apr 14, 2010 10:53 PM CDT
newschannel5.com

By Brent Frazier

WINCHESTER, Tenn.- The death of the Decherd Police Department's only K-9 Officer, Sergeant "Gordo," one week ago is putting the sheriff of Franklin County in a bind with zero dogs for drug sweeps.

"It's embarrassing to law enforcement as a whole because we take our responsibilities seriously," said Sheriff Tim G. Fuller. "Being a former K-9 handler [myself], I resent the fact that this happened."

Decherd city police chief Ross Peterson said via phone he'd handed the case over to the Franklin County Sheriff's Office.

Chief Peterson called the dead dog case a "terrible mistake," and expressed hope for fairness in the investigation, and the possibility of a subsequent, grand jury indictment.

Peterson said K-9 Officer Ryan Albaugh, Gordo's handler, and fellow officer Jeremy Legan had both resigned in light of the circumstances.

Investigators said the dog was left in the backseat of an extended cab pickup truck for a reported 18 hours: inside a dog crate with no water and only a truck window lowered slightly.

It's still not clear what officers Albaugh and Legan were doing while the dog was left unattended.

While the sheriff investigates, and mourns the loss of the county's only dog, he also looks forward to the addition of three new K-9 officers to his crew.

"Aries," a male, German shepherd; "Coca," a female Belgian Malinois; and "Buck Shot," a male black lab, are currently going through training in Estill Springs, with handlers Deputy Sam Davidson; Sergeant Seth Isbell; and Deputy Mike Claiborne, respectively.

The animals and their human counterparts are three weeks into a roughly 120-hour, or 16-week, rigorous training schedule. The sheriff looks forward to bringing the dogs online in mid-May or early June.

Fuller said the department once had four K-9 officers.

"We are trying to get back to that place today," said the sheriff.

Fuller is giving his rookie dog handlers, who are not rookie officers, a huge pat on the back for the commitment to the additional duty. Fuller said evidence from the Decherd dog case will be handed over to a grand jury. Criminal charges against the officer, or officers, are possible.

E-mail: [email protected]
AsIf

Winchester, TN

#601 Apr 15, 2010
It's sad about the dog and it shouldn't have happened.
But to come here and just keep hashing it accomplishes nothing at all. There is an
investigation and charges could come down.
What more do you want?

Who is the cop your talking about who supposedly lives in the projects with his kids and wife and his wife works at Sonic?????? And what difference
does that make? He's still a cop whoever he is and did what he had to do to become a cop and is doing what he has to do to provide for his family.
So what is the big deal?

As for the ORIGINAL topic of this thread....The Freeze's and the Colvin's ......they are good people and do not deserve what is being said about them at all. It makes me sick! I am one that supports them and hope they win their lawsuit.

As for "What's going on at Decherd City Hall?" ....lmao...the answer to that is NOT A DAMN THING......they are doing nothing to bring business to downtown because they are too busy bickering amongst themselves and talking about each other behind each others backs......then they set up there and hike up the water bill...I wonder whose pocketing that money.......go figure.......
Wagner Creek

United States

#602 Apr 15, 2010
AsIf wrote:
It's sad about the dog and it shouldn't have happened.
But to come here and just keep hashing it accomplishes nothing at all. There is an
investigation and charges could come down.
What more do you want?
Who is the cop your talking about who supposedly lives in the projects with his kids and wife and his wife works at Sonic?????? And what difference
does that make? He's still a cop whoever he is and did what he had to do to become a cop and is doing what he has to do to provide for his family.
So what is the big deal?
As for the ORIGINAL topic of this thread....The Freeze's and the Colvin's ......they are good people and do not deserve what is being said about them at all. It makes me sick! I am one that supports them and hope they win their lawsuit.
As for "What's going on at Decherd City Hall?" ....lmao...the answer to that is NOT A DAMN THING......they are doing nothing to bring business to downtown because they are too busy bickering amongst themselves and talking about each other behind each others backs......then they set up there and hike up the water bill...I wonder whose pocketing that money.......go figure.......
This is Topix. It is a place for people to express their opinions.

Why is it ok for you to keep hashing for at least two weeks about the old historic buildings in Downtown Decherd. But it is not ok to discuss a dog that died horribly last week.

These buildings are privately owned. They are not city property.
That area is a bad or slow location for businesses. No one can make enough profit to pay the rent there. So are you going to pay their rent and utilities for them? Maybe you will build a parking garage down there?

No, you want to make false accusations about the water funds. Is it ok for you to try to ruin the reputations of elected officials?
They do not have any way of touching the money. All checks must have two signatures.

No one is pocketing any money out of that poor little city. The bookkeeper must present a balanced statement every month. The city's management of those funds is audited every year.

As to the Freeze and Colvin frivolous lawsuit you only know one side. By the way, have you read that lawsuit?

Watch yourself. If you cannot prove what you say, you could be facing a lawsuit for libel yourself. Words are very harmful. Your freedom of speech rights only allow for you to be telling the truth and to be able to prove it beyond a doubt to a judge or jury.

More Facts

Winchester, TN

#603 Apr 15, 2010
mrfranly wrote:
Investigators said the dog was left in the backseat of an extended cab pickup truck for a reported 18 hours: inside a dog crate with no water and only a truck window lowered slightly.
It's still not clear what officers Albaugh and Legan were doing while the dog was left unattended.
18 hours is ridiculous to leave any animal unattended! Those responsible had best hope I am not on the Grand Jury or trial jury. If what I heard is even remotely true they would get some serious time. Criminal negligence should be the charge!! Gordo was one of Decherd's best employees!!
AsIf

Winchester, TN

#605 Apr 15, 2010
WAGNER CREEK
Unlike most of you, I do not mention people by name and won't be facing anything at all. My opinion is just that, an opinion and I am entitled to it just as you are.

QUOTE " Why is it ok for you to keep hashing for at least two weeks about the old historic buildings in Downtown Decherd. But it is not ok to discuss a dog that died horribly last week."

I never said it wasn't ok to discuss. I was making a point about it being redundant. Yes, I might have been redundant about nothing being done about downtown Decherd, but, Can you tell me anything that IS being done?????? No I don't think you can.

QUOTE "No, you want to make false accusations about the water funds. Is it ok for you to try to ruin the reputations of elected officials?
They do not have any way of touching the money. All checks must have two signatures. "

I made no accusation at all. I just said I wonder....there is a big difference....and again
no single person was named. No elected official was personally named. I just said I wonder.......

Last time I checked this is AMERICA and I have the freedom say and to think what I want just like you. No you don't have to agree with me nor do I expect you to. We just disagree on this......the end....
mrfranly

United States

#606 Apr 15, 2010
To More Facts:

Needless to say, when watching channel 5 last evening at 10 PM, I was shocked to hear the new info being released that we'd not heard about town. This morning when I read the online report in total, from 5's media source, my heart broke once again. Now I understand why Alderman Moore asked that these officer's resignations not be accepted, but instead...both be terminated/ fired.
More Facts

Winchester, TN

#607 Apr 15, 2010
"It's still not clear what officers Albaugh and Legan were doing while the dog was left unattended".

This infuriates me when I hear what and where!! Hope it is not true and is just a rumour. It seems that these 2 were apparently not mature enough to be officers of the law!!
mrfranly

United States

#608 Apr 15, 2010
More Facts wrote:
"It's still not clear what officers Albaugh and Legan were doing while the dog was left unattended".
This infuriates me when I hear what and where!! Hope it is not true and is just a rumour. It seems that these 2 were apparently not mature enough to be officers of the law!!
You know how to get my number. Call me and I'll clear up some facts for you. Have a good weekend.
More Facts

Winchester, TN

#609 Apr 15, 2010
mrfranly wrote:
<quoted text>
You know how to get my number. Call me and I'll clear up some facts for you. Have a good weekend.

I had rather not say any more until I can confirm what I have heard!!
mrfranly

United States

#610 Apr 15, 2010
Same reason I've kept what I know to myself.
decherd 2032

Hohenwald, TN

#611 Apr 16, 2010
Well right off the bat your definition doesn't fit me on Tea Parties. I am not a man, and tons of woman are at the Tea Parties. My definition of a closed minded bigot, you. I tell you what I am protesting the President now because that is the Man who owns the economy, the unemployment, the Stimulus Package, and Obamacare, and Cap and Tax April 26 unveiled. I have plenty to protest today with this out of control government spending. I live in Present mode problems, enough for today
AsIf

Winchester, TN

#612 Apr 16, 2010
Tea Parties??? Who said anything about that? I think we were talking about something else?!?!?!
AsIf

Winchester, TN

#613 Apr 28, 2010
mrfranly..........

Anything new going on at Decherd City Hall?????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheriff's Department Fri Taylor 1
Veterinarian's ? ? ? Jun 24 baby 3
Tims Ford Reservoir Lake needs more Bridges! Jun 23 can of corn 7
Tullahoma Boarding Schools in 1960's and 1970's (Jun '11) Jun 22 nana5 100
Tax Increase? Jun 21 Itdoesntmatter70 16
Women always walking Jun 13 Ralph 1
Looking Good Jun 13 Swoon 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winchester Mortgages