Girls Basketball have they hired a co...
Dave

Knoxville, TN

#21 Jun 18, 2010
mrfranly wrote:
You're probably right. Huntland should be our flagship HS.
If you want to get something started, begin a campaign against FCHS admin staff because they don't want general population to know most of the cameras there don't work. The manager of bldg and grounds has asked and asked about getting them repaired, but it seems there was a more important need to buy signs for the front yard instead of making these cameras work properly. Cameras are supposed to serve for student and staff safety...but....when most don't work, what good do they do? Some work....but the lion's share of them haven't worked since the 1st or 2nd yr that school was in operation.
Next you may want to ask why admin staff at FCHS tells everyone working there, they're not to make SROs aware of fights and other problems in the school 'cause they will tell the sheriff and then the media and parents will know. Is that the right thing to do? or is that more of this kindergarten mentality we're seeing today?
She'll be back on here soon threatening to sue me, as she has done many times in the past. Truth wins over false-hoods. She can't dispute the time she physically accosted me at a SB meeting for suggesting home coming parade use a different route. That's the time she told me I'd better never put anything on the radio she'd not approved.
You are full of crap.
rewbelrouser

White House, TN

#22 Jun 18, 2010
Why cant we hire someone with coaching experience. This young mans only credentials is his daddy. Coaching aau is nothing like coaching high school. a coach in high school has to coach the kids at that school not the best nike can get. Once again another fumble by those in power. boy did we make a mistake by letting coach wild go.
S Gustav Schmuck

White House, TN

#23 Jun 18, 2010
rewbelrouser wrote:
Why cant we hire someone with coaching experience. This young mans only credentials is his daddy. Coaching aau is nothing like coaching high school. a coach in high school has to coach the kids at that school not the best nike can get. Once again another fumble by those in power. boy did we make a mistake by letting coach wild go.
Barbie's got a good idea. Hire coaches according to their breeding petagree. We could have gotten Joe DiMaggio Jr.for baseball coach cheap. At last notice he was a nightwatchman at a city dump. For drama coach, how about John Drew Barrymore. His father John Barrymore was a great actor in the 1930s and daughter Drew Barrymore has a long career in pictures. J.D. became a skid-row bum, but he's make a good distiliary teacher as well. Too bad both of the above are deaad. They sure had the breeding to please Barbie.
Alumni 93

United States

#24 Jun 19, 2010
rewbelrouser wrote:
The word is out about Franklin County and most experienced coaches do not want to coach in Winchester because of the school's reputation, the lack of support, and the little lady who runs the show on College Street.
Yes They did

United States

#25 Jun 20, 2010
rewbelrouser wrote:
They wouldn't give Tia Stovall the job because she wasn't certified. If you check the internet, you won't find Tom Insell listed as a certified teacher. What does he have that Tia Stovall doesn't have. Really, it's as clear as black and white. Franklin Croney High School does us proud once again.
Stickman

Lugoff, SC

#26 Jun 21, 2010
John Wild is now the HEAD GIRL'S BASKETBALL COACH at RIVERDALE HS in Murfreesboro. HE was LET GO or "invited" to leave by this administration because a handful of parents and two school board members said he wasn't doing a good job. The fact is he took a below average team and took them as far as they could go. He took the two girls who had talent and pushed the team behind their talent. Others did not like the ugly split between the coach and his ex but the school board and administration has no right to use that against them.

I am tired of people playing with the lives of these teachers and coaches and their families. Quality coaches like John Wild will never come to FC until we get rid of the current administration.
mrfranly

United States

#27 Jun 21, 2010
You're right...but might you please be more specific when you use the term "current administration?" Thank's for all you've had the courage to post.
mrfranly

United States

#28 Jun 21, 2010
It was very exciting to hear Tom Insell speak so highly of our FCHS girls basketball team today at 1 PM when listening to replay of the WZYX sports show originally broadcast Saturday morning.

We are lucky to have such a fine, talented gentleman join our FCHS sports community.

YOU GO FCHS GIRLS BASKETBALL!!!!!!!!!!
to MRFRANLY

Evansville, IN

#29 Jun 22, 2010
But is he certified to teach? He doesn't show up on the list of Tennessee certified teachers.

Very strange.

Is this another illegal hiring which they will go back and justify by requesting a waiver license for him?

They are not supposed to do that if a certified applicant applies. I know some certified applicants who applied.

Why do they keep hiring non-licensed folks for jobs and then backtracking and having Linda Foster request a waiver on their certification status.

Seems FCHS already has enough problems with non-certified folks teaching, and certified folks teaching outside their certification areas.

It's not just a disservice to the students, it's illegal.
More Facts

Winchester, TN

#30 Jun 22, 2010
The above poster is correct on all accounts. The only Insell listed as certified to teach in Tennessee schools is "INSELL, DONALD R". No Tom, Tommy, Thomas listed. Franklin Crony BOE operating as expected, under the table, behind the back, behind closed doors, and apparently in violation!! Standard operating procedure!! The cronies have done well training Ms Sharber, less than a year and she is fully trained!!
Stickman

Marble Falls, TX

#31 Jun 22, 2010
Insell does come from a high pedigree but he is NOT certified to teach in Tennessee. Maybe his certification process will be complete before school starts? Eric White was not certified to teach! The good coaches will not come to FC and all we will get is kids who want to get their start then they quickly move on after a year or two. Until we clean house from top to bottom in the administration experienced coaches will not risk their careers and move their families to Winchester.
Woman With Morals

New Orleans, LA

#32 Jun 22, 2010
to MRFRANLY wrote:
But is he certified to teach? He doesn't show up on the list of Tennessee certified teachers.
Very strange.
Is this another illegal hiring which they will go back and justify by requesting a waiver license for him?
They are not supposed to do that if a certified applicant applies. I know some certified applicants who applied.
Why do they keep hiring non-licensed folks for jobs and then backtracking and having Linda Foster request a waiver on their certification status.
Seems FCHS already has enough problems with non-certified folks teaching, and certified folks teaching outside their certification areas.
It's not just a disservice to the students, it's illegal.
Tom Insell is going to an in-school suspension supervisor and a hall monitor and maybe log some time at the alternative school. That doesn't require certification. Morris has already cleared this with the TSSAA.
parent

Franklin, TN

#33 Jun 22, 2010
Girls went to camp and won some games. Why dont we get behind the new coach help make this a program that everybody wants to come too. Good Job girls
taxpayer

Evansville, IN

#34 Jun 22, 2010
Woman With Morals wrote:
<quoted text>Tom Insell is going to an in-school suspension supervisor and a hall monitor and maybe log some time at the alternative school. That doesn't require certification. Morris has already cleared this with the TSSAA.
We're seriously hiring hall monitors now so they can be head coaches? What up with that?
Woman With Morals

New Orleans, LA

#35 Jun 22, 2010
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
We're seriously hiring hall monitors now so they can be head coaches? What up with that?
Jim Carr was hall monitor, but probably will be given othter duties in the fall semester when they have football. Lisa Crabtree has degrees coming out her nose and other body parts. She'd be a principal anywhere else, but she can't be an ass principal in Franklin County because she benched LF's All-American grandaughter. Whch reminds me, those who missed Monday's Cu Croney Clan meeting will be named toilet monitors at the start of school. PU!
More Facts

Winchester, TN

#36 Jun 23, 2010
What is the going rate for a Hall Monitor?
FCfaker

Evansville, IN

#37 Jun 23, 2010
The difference is, those you mention are all certified teachers.
Say What

San Antonio, TX

#38 Jun 23, 2010
Let us just sit back and wait. We do not pay enough to draw a top of the line coach. Maybe the man will be a good tough basketball coach and lead these girls to some success.
I would like to suggest that he start every day of in school suspension with an hour of work on the track. I certainly would not want to go back to ISS if I had to run an hour before we got down to business on classwork.
wait

Murfreesboro, TN

#39 Jun 23, 2010
So we hired a (Uncertified) non-exempt employee, defined by the state as "one who needs not to discretion and judgment on a regular basis."

To whom does that make him accountable. Who will be using their discretion and judgement on a daily basis. This coach, as hired, under state law, cannot be held accountable for any lack of discretion or poor judgement.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a(Certified) exempt person coaching?

Since this non-exempt employee will be eligible to receive OVERTIME pay (which certified teachers are not), will the inordinate number of hours spent coaching be paid at an overtime rate. Or will this uncertified, new-hire be given an "extended contract?" If so, is this in compliance with state and local "extended contract" policies?

Who is in control of this mess? And who WILL BE responsible for discretion and judgement in the coaching?

Linda Foster?

It all smells fishy to me.
Seneca Annie

Hattiesburg, MS

#40 Jun 23, 2010
What is Fishy is Tavlin broadcasting details about the coach not being certified. That is Insell's personal information and not for public broadcast.

What is Fishy is Becky Sharber giving out this information to a reporter when she was told not to. Linda made it very clear this was not to be released and Diana was careful not to let her know.

Both Doctor Sharber and Tavlin could lose their jobs over this. I have already called Wendy on her boat and she is furious. She's considering a trip home to straighten this mess out. I'm going to call Darryl in the morning.

Who would want to coach here when their personal life is hung out to dry like laundry?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald Trump is Unfit or Qualified to be Presid... (Oct '16) Jan 9 Poster Child for ... 3
Who belongs in the Franklin country sports hall... (May '09) Jan 9 mnebel 27
franklin county senior citizens Josephine holman Jan 9 rayshon 5
Tax Increase? (Jun '16) Jan 8 anneie 17
Tullahoma Boarding Schools in 1960's and 1970's (Jun '11) Jan 8 Teresa wilson 108
Espy machine and mechanic shop Jan 6 Billy Jack 2
Tullahoma Duck Butter for Sale Jan 2 Kenny 2

Winchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winchester Mortgages