Posted in the Winchester Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Better-Educated Citizens

Little Valley, NY

#1 Jul 14, 2008
Mike Cunningham, Richard Stewart, and Eric Stewart
Here is the inside scoop on the politics in Franklin Co. Mike Cunningham portrays himself as a champion for change. Truly elected to make sure our BOE is operating as efficient as possible. Scrutinizing every decision that the director makes to insure it’s ethical and warranted.
Knowing this man and his ethics, it makes a person wonder how his daughter has landed a job in County Mayor Richard Stewart’s office. For years, Monty Adams has held this job and only required the assistance of one secretary. It looks as if County Mayor Stewart created this position after he was elected first to employ his daughter in-law, and after that didn’t work out; he has replaced her with Mike Cunningham’s daughter, Cara. It’s odd how these two people out of the some 40 thousand plus people in the county were found qualified among all others to fill these positions.
I guess Mike doesn’t really care about this position being created because it benefits his family. We see now that he is a true Champion for change.
But wait, it gets better! What’s the connection between County Mayor Stewart and Mike Cunningham? I’m not totally for sure about the deeper connection, but purely from an observational standpoint, it’s ironic that Mike’s other daughter, Mrs. Lynch who is married to brooks lynch, the son of Mike and Laura Lynch, is a big supporter of the Eric Stewart for senate campaign. This gives the Mayor’s son (Eric Stewart) Prime sponsorship and a lot of leverage just from the namesake of being supported by the Lynch’s
WOW….that is a lot of back scratching. Who is looking out for who here. I say the fox is watching the hen house.
Mike Cunningham at the last BOE meeting was trying desperately to cut existing special education employees who have given most of their career’s to the Franklin County BOE in the name of saving taxpayer dollars. At the same time, Mike is making sure his daughter is getting the benefit of a created position at the expense of the taxpayer dollar.
What can we learn from this? Well on the BOE side, Mike has proven beyond any doubt that he is incapable of looking at things objectively. I understand that everyone has faults, but speaking one thing and doing another is called hypocrisy, or better yet, hypocrite! We have also learned that our county government is not in much better shape. Why did Mayor Stewart create this job? Handing out favors is not what we elected him to do. As we all know, apples don’t fall from the tree. I’m sorry, but It would stand to reason that the leadership Mayor Stewart has shown will be somewhat the same in Eric.
It has been said over time and time again. Politicians are like diapers; they should be checked and changed frequently.
We once thought Mike represented the antiestablishment, but now we see he is the establishment and is no different than the rest.
We once thought Mayor Stewart would be the great leader who would abstain from playing politics and focus on finding real solutions instead of creating more problems. We see now that this is not the case.
Eric has proven… well, we don’t know yet.
Wake up Franklin County! Were being fleeced! Know whom you are electing! These people are out for themselves and no one else.
Sincerely,
Coalition for Better-Educated Citizens
E Stewart

Winchester, TN

#2 Jul 20, 2008
You need a life, dude.
Better-Educated Citizens

Little Valley, NY

#3 Jul 20, 2008
I will be the fist to admit. I do have better things to do than complain about some local politicians acting like, well…politicians, but if these guys think they have everyone fooled, they better think again. Its time for people in the know to pull back the curtain on this act and expose these people for who they really are.

I could not stand here any longer and listen to Mike acting like he has the citizen’s best interest at heart. The situation with his daughter and county mayor speaks volumes about the real intentions of all of these men and the characteristics of both. They are frauds! If they were truly interested in saving money, then why would Richard create this job? Why would Mike and the position he represents, allow his daughter to take this created job? This goes against everything Mike said he stood for. As far as the Stewarts, it just shows how desperate they are for a vote. They have prostituted themselves for what…a vote. Integrity and doing the right thing is not always easy, but this proves that these men are incapable of both.

Is this sense of power so important to them that they would do anything for a vote and ignore their responsibility to the people?

Mike and the Stewarts are all politicians just trying to make a name for themselves. IT’S NOT JUST ABOUT CHANGE, IT’S ABOUT DIRECTION! That is the best statement ever made.

People of Franklin Co, please understand that these men have done absolutely nothing, but take care of themselves.

Rest assure gentlemen, every move you make will be analyzed and critique. Be careful and watch your actions. The coalition for better-educated citizens is everywhere. Not everyone you speak with agrees with your way of doing business.

We are here to keep the people informed of people like you. They can decide for themselves as to what they choose to believe.

We will see you soon.

Have a great day!
Correction on Facts

Franklin, TN

#4 Jul 22, 2008
For your information the Stewarts have always been very good to my family. I don't like Mike Cunningham either but its time to stick with the fight and not try to pull every decent politician in this county into it. I have on good information that Mike's daughter doesn't agree with her father on politics. I urge you to really seek out the truth before you voice your opinion.
Better-Educated Citizens

Little Valley, NY

#6 Jul 22, 2008
I apologize if I have offended you. I am not trying to drag anyone into this fight that Mike has created. I don’t know what fight you are sticking too and in this case, I would disagree with the decent politician statement you make. I don’t know if Mike’s daughter even agrees with the way he has conducted himself on the board. He embarrasses me too, and I’m not even kin! I am simply stating that…what Mike so much is against; he has allowed his daughter to do what he is preaching against. Why isn’t Mike up in the paper on Richard’s case about this? I know...It’s quite evident, and it proves the hypocrisy that is plaguing our county government. This was not intended to become a Stewart bashing blog, but it was to inform the citizen of how everything in this county is somehow connected in some fashion or another, and Richard just got caught in the cross fire while doing something that Mike himself stated is wrong. I am just playing by Mike’s set of rules. I am sorry to say but this revelation about Stewarts practices will open up an investigation into his administration and their way of running the government.
As far as the Stewart’s, they have a lot of skeletons in their closet from days past stemming from their business. If you’re not a lifelong resident of Franklin, CO. you probably wouldn’t know the real Richard Stewart, but don’t worry, I won’t reveal those skeletons today. A lot of people like them…but the people who have been here for quite some time know the real story and don’t quite feel the same.
Better-Educated Citizens

Little Valley, NY

#7 Jul 22, 2008
Cont...
After the last board meeting, the way Mike carried himself, I would be surprise if he ever gets elected again. I am also very pleased that the central office is now starting to focus back on their mission of supporting the schools instead of doing research for Mike on a daily basis. The last study we should do is to find out exactly how much time and money has been wasted by the central office on working on Mike’s witch hunt. He has cost the taxpayer’s dearly. He is incompetent, mad, and incapable of moving our school system forward. I agree that there has to be financial responsibility on the part of the school board, but he has taken this endeavor to a whole new level.
Any organization leader will tell you that it’s very critical to run any organization as efficient as possible, but at the same time to be able to function and to meet unexpected challenges, there needs to be some flexibility in your operation. You can only get so efficient before something unexpected happens and you break because you lack the ability to be flexible, to adapt and overcome to meet any unexpected event. We must have teachers. We must have support staff. We must have both or nothing will work.
Would it make sense to have all the teachers during their planning period, start sweeping, mopping, and scrubbing toilets? The poor bus drivers don’t know if they are now cooks, janitors, copy machine repair men, or What they were always; professional Transportation Providers, and if Mike had it his way, our teachers would be doing pre-route inspection on school buses at 530am an 130pm instead of focusing on our children’s education. I would rather have my children riding with a dedicated and safe professional, than a jack of all trades employee. I would rather have my children learning from a well prepared teaching professional than a jack of all trades employee. I guess safety and the quality of education are something that has no value with Mike. Safety and Quality has a price. When it comes to my kids, I will never sacrifice either. I say that to point out that Mike has become… MAD! We are working very efficiently right now at providing safe transportation services and quality educators.
I will close for now with only this to say…”WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL MIKE THAT THE HORSE HAS DIED!” In case you don’t know what that means; he is beating a dead horse.
Mike, could you please attend the next meeting with the intent of trying to work with everyone to plot a course that will help keep our children’s educational experience the best it can be? That’s all we ask.
Nothing more; nothing less
Kind Regards,
Amazed

Monterey, TN

#9 Jul 27, 2008
I agree that it would be great if Mike could attend the next meeting with the intent of working with everyone but history tells us that it isn't going to happen. He has one goal and only one goal and everyone knows what THAT is. It is such a shame because he could offer alot of good ideas if he wasn't so blinded and driven by hatred and obsession. It's really sad for the school system.
Tired of the Negative

United States

#11 Jul 27, 2008
Amazed wrote:
I agree that it would be great if Mike could attend the next meeting with the intent of working with everyone but history tells us that it isn't going to happen. He has one goal and only one goal and everyone knows what THAT is. It is such a shame because he could offer alot of good ideas if he wasn't so blinded and driven by hatred and obsession. It's really sad for the school system.
You are exactly right. He probably could've added a lot to the board, but his hatred toward the director has ruined that! Before it is all over with, he will probably have to be taken away in a straight jacket after one of the board meetings. Does he have a life outside of work, bitterness/revenge, and being a board member?
Board Watcher

United States

#12 Jul 27, 2008
Maybe if Cunningham brought some motions before the board rather than disjointed ramblings, something would get changed. He does all this research on other school systems, but never makes a motion, just "suggestions". He needs to realize that talking for hours (he probably talked over three hours of the last seven hour meeting) does not get anything done. More can be done by having well supported and thought out motions rather than just ramblin suggestions. It seemed like the other board members tuned him out after the first hour. I agree whole-heartedly that there need to be some changes in the central office, but one has to remember that those people are tenured teachers (albeight some were not very good ones) that will be returned back to the classroom if they are relieved of their post in the central office. A very wise teacher once told me that the worst teachers in Franklin County were promoted to supervisors. This was years before Dr. Edmonds even came into the picture. Some of those people were promoted by Patty Priest and Danny Brown to those posts. Let's let attrition and retirement thin the herd a little, then see who is finally standing. I would be willing to be that the average age of a Edmonds crony is quickly approaching sixty years old. You can pick them out pretty easily becasue they are the only teachers or staffers that attend all the Board meetings. Let's make it very attractive to them to retire so that they can make way for effective, apolitical staff that will get the job done. My two cents......
Tired of the Negative

United States

#14 Jul 28, 2008
Board Watcher wrote:
Maybe if Cunningham brought some motions before the board rather than disjointed ramblings, something would get changed. He does all this research on other school systems, but never makes a motion, just "suggestions". He needs to realize that talking for hours (he probably talked over three hours of the last seven hour meeting) does not get anything done. More can be done by having well supported and thought out motions rather than just ramblin suggestions. It seemed like the other board members tuned him out after the first hour.
Have you noticed the school systems that Mike has compared Franklin County to have many more problems than Franklin County? Maybe he needs to look at his school system and be grateful for what he has.
Tired of the Negative

United States

#15 Jul 28, 2008
Better-Educated Citizens wrote:
Cont...
After the last board meeting, the way Mike carried himself, I would be surprise if he ever gets elected again. I am also very pleased that the central office is now starting to focus back on their mission of supporting the schools instead of doing research for Mike on a daily basis. The last study we should do is to find out exactly how much time and money has been wasted by the central office on working on Mike’s witch hunt. He has cost the taxpayer’s dearly. He is incompetent, mad, and incapable of moving our school system forward. I agree that there has to be financial responsibility on the part of the school board, but he has taken this endeavor to a whole new level.
What has happened with his lawsuit against the board? I guess he feels that he wasn't getting enough attention since he didn't attend the June meetings that he needed to hear his name on the radio by doing something else. I know he is employed at the Base, but does he actually work? When does he have the time to come up with his witchhunt material? Just wondering.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#19 Aug 7, 2008
Fortunately, people like Mike, Michelle and John are looking out after our children and I'm thankful they are. Please read why I feel more comfortable with them than folks like Tom Cowan.
I'm not one to "wish away" my days on this earth, but I'm certainly glad that August 7th is upon us.
Perhaps Thursday night will bring a positive beginning to this new school year and mark a positive turn in direction for our school system and the children who seek educations in our county.
On Monday, the county commission sent back ALL departmental budgets asking for 2% cuts in an attempt to keep overall county taxes down. Some media reports or school assembly speeches lead us to believe the school dept was targeted. That is not true. All depts were asked to "revisit and cut" their budgets.
Edmonds has said the CC asked him to cut 2% from his entire $42 plus million budget equating to more than $800K. That is not true. It was clearly stated he was expected to cut 2% from the county contribution portion, not the ENTIRE BUDGET amount. County contributes a bit more than $12 million to the school budget.
Tom Cowan said, Monday night, that if the CC "cuts HIS budget, he will CUT programs, NOT salaries or personnel. But I WILL CUT PROGRAMS."
What programs? "Sports programs" is what he is supposed to have told some folks during a rest break that evening. Not BAND, of course, but "sports." Then he, Edmonds and other school dept personnel departed.
Yesterday someone told me the only way FC voters will ever realize that we have way too many people making huge administrative salaries in the school dept would be to list their names and salaries in the paper. That person added that some of these central office, and otherwise located, administrators make well more than TN State mandates for time in service and degrees earned. That person said some of these folks make 2 or 3 times normal household income for everyday citizens in this county and that's why the school budget is so high.
Maybe that person is right. I don't know. Yet, I will ask about getting these salaries and corresponding names printed in local paper to see if his/her suggestion works.
Remember to VOTE for the Children on Thursday.
Concerned Teacher

Cross City, FL

#20 Aug 7, 2008
We now have a new school board in Franklin Co. I hope the county is ready for the consequences. Out with the old and in with the new. Mike Cunningham now will get his way, sorry Dr. Edmonds. Sorry for the schools, the teachers and the students. I hope the new school board members see Mike Cunningham for who he is (a bitter, controlling egomaniac) and not be controlled by him or any other well-off coalition members who are trying to control the board and county commissioners. Follow the money, several board members received campaign support from one such person. I hope the new board will get information for themselves and make decisions based on what is truly best for our schools, not based on agendas to get rid of Dr. Edmonds. As a teacher, I will keep my politics out of my school and do my job the best I can, in spite of our board.
throwing stones

Tullahoma, TN

#21 Aug 8, 2008
Dear very ignorant person,
Note that the little abc icon means spell check. The next time you slander decent people try clicking this little tiny icon.It would add credibility to your ridiculous ramblings.
I bet you are a happy little person, you are to stupid to be anything else.

Location hidden

#22 Aug 9, 2008
to Throwing Stones:

Who are you addressing? Which word did one of us spell incorrectly? If I spelled something wrong, I'm sorry.

By the way, your use of the word "to" was supposed to be "too."
SMS

United States

#24 Aug 10, 2008
Adults bash us, ha!. What a joke.

Location hidden

#25 Aug 11, 2008
to SMS:

Adults bash us, ha!. What a joke.
----------

Excuse me? I am an adult, many times over. Do I sometimes spell words incorrectly? Yes, on occasion.

Do I think NORMAL adults bash younger folks in the community for no reason? No, I don't think that is true. If you feel my post related to spelling errors is a JOKE, then I must have written my board comment incorrectly. Please forgive me.

Generally speaking, hard working adults don't make fun of or make jokes about today's youth when they are attempting to become viable, working parts of their community.

If you are working and attempting to build a career for yourself, then pay no da#n attention to folks calling themselves adults who "blast you" or give you grief. Hold your head high and do all you can to advance yourself. If you occasionally spell words wrong like I do, then use a dictionary when you post comments. I have to look up a lot of words everyday. But, don't let "do nothing, no goods" hurt your feelings.

Have a good week and hold your head high as you walk through your daily job tasks. Remember, sometimes folks who make negative comments on Boards like this can't even get a job and that's why they say bad things on these blogs.
ABC

Tallassee, TN

#26 Aug 11, 2008
I do believe we should elect ALL new members of the school board,perhaps we should elect teachers since they are on the inside of school system. I don't mean elect these teachers that are only in for the politics and out to please some of the big wigs out there. Elect the ones that are smart and not out to be the follower of some moron who knows not what he speaks of.
speaking of Mike Cunningham, has anyone seen his daughter, Cara? she is walking around Franklin County looking like a skeleton with a sunken in face. I don't blame Mike for wanting her to have a job where she is watched constantly, so she can't snort a line while sitting at her desk. However, if i were Mayor Stewart i wouldn't want someone who doesn't have enough respect for herself working as my secretary either. He represents our county and by him hiring cocaine users to work in his office doesn't say much about us as a county. why doesn't he just go to the Franklin County jail and recruit some of our local inmates to hold some of the county positions? atleast, we know the inmates at this time are drug free.
Lowdown

United States

#28 Aug 11, 2008
ABC wrote:
I do believe we should elect ALL new members of the school board,perhaps we should elect teachers since they are on the inside of school system. I don't mean elect these teachers that are only in for the politics and out to please some of the big wigs out there. Elect the ones that are smart and not out to be the follower of some moron who knows not what he speaks of.
speaking of Mike Cunningham, has anyone seen his daughter, Cara? she is walking around Franklin County looking like a skeleton with a sunken in face. I don't blame Mike for wanting her to have a job where she is watched constantly, so she can't snort a line while sitting at her desk. However, if i were Mayor Stewart i wouldn't want someone who doesn't have enough respect for herself working as my secretary either. He represents our county and by him hiring cocaine users to work in his office doesn't say much about us as a county. why doesn't he just go to the Franklin County jail and recruit some of our local inmates to hold some of the county positions? atleast, we know the inmates at this time are drug free.
I don't like nor respect Mike Cunningham, but talking about his daughter is a little lowdown. He is an elected official but his daughter isn't. She gets treated bad enough by her mother, we don't need to do the same!
ABC

Tallassee, TN

#29 Aug 11, 2008
excuse me? I do believe her parents are raising her own child,and that alone is respectable enough and by the way He is the elected official not mrs. Cunningham so, let's practics what we preach Lowdown!!!!!!!! also, if my daughter did the stuff she does i can't say i would be the nicest parent either especially after trying to help her numerous times and her to fall right back into the stuff. It's a damn slap in the face.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lyndsay Bass Sep 25 Needtoknow 2
Review: Monster Broadband, Inc. (Sep '10) Sep 22 LAFEVERS2018 24
Klowns Sep 21 Whoknows 1
New Franklin County Mugshots (Feb '13) Sep 17 Rick 2
Susie aka sue i believe last name merrell Sep 16 Faithful2God 1
316 S Roosevelt St Sep 14 Wilbur Rogers 5
Faye Morrow (Sep '13) Sep 13 BANKSTER WATCH 9

Winchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance