First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

United States

#1 Jan 30, 2013
What can you tell me about the employees?
derpty

Dayton, OH

#2 Jan 30, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
What can you tell me about the employees?
They mostly hire felons and people who can't get a job because of records
joke

Wilmington, OH

#3 Jan 30, 2013
Free labor basically...they layed off all the weastec employees that had been there for years...to work the "welfare" people for "free", less than minimum wage.
Anonymous

United States

#4 Jan 30, 2013
Welfare is free money to them people. Us taxpayers take care of them.
Are there any decent people up there?
anyway

Wilmington, OH

#5 Feb 3, 2013
Thats funny I know of a few people that worked there with no records but worked the weastec line and were layed off first part of january and they are on welfare-I think turning point is a great program especially if because of your past record you cant get a job elsewhere.
NO NAME

Hillsboro, OH

#6 Feb 4, 2013
derpty wrote:
<quoted text>
They mostly hire felons and people who can't get a job because of records
They do have some full time people that don't have records that work for them. But yeah 90% of them do have records (usually felonies) and can't get work anywhere else. They work them to pay off fines and stuff. Alot of them will work for several months without a pay check until their fines are paid off. At least we are getting some of our tax dollars back.
derpty

Lodi, OH

#7 Feb 4, 2013
NO NAME wrote:
<quoted text>They do have some full time people that don't have records that work for them. But yeah 90% of them do have records (usually felonies) and can't get work anywhere else. They work them to pay off fines and stuff. Alot of them will work for several months without a pay check until their fines are paid off. At least we are getting some of our tax dollars back.
Alls I know is I tried to apply there and they asked if I was a felon when I said no they said they only hire felons I found it quite odd
notture

United States

#8 Feb 4, 2013
I used to work there and I'm not a felon so I know that is not true
derpty

Lodi, OH

#9 Feb 4, 2013
notture wrote:
I used to work there and I'm not a felon so I know that is not true
Well I was lied to then cause that's what I was told
NO NAME

Hillsboro, OH

#10 Feb 5, 2013
derpty wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I was lied to then cause that's what I was told

maybe you have to apply through the sheriff's dept. lol
anyway

Wilmington, OH

#11 Feb 5, 2013
You can go out there and pick up an application when they are open if they are hiring or go to the temp agency in town
Wonderin

Hillsboro, OH

#12 Feb 5, 2013
anyway wrote:
You can go out there and pick up an application when they are open if they are hiring or go to the temp agency in town
What/where is the agency?
Thanks.
anyway

Wilmington, OH

#13 Feb 5, 2013
Reserves network is across from napa in the back on west main street
seriously

Dayton, OH

#14 Feb 12, 2013
Turning Point Is A great place, They Have A Variety of Different Grants To Employed Different People (Job and Family Services,DayReporting,HalfwayH ouses,Felons,ECT.), It gives people with Criminal Backgrounds a Second Chance to succeed In Society, Turning Point APL (Applied Learning Center) They also help your get your GED,Liesences,Do Taxes even,not to mention celebrate recover classes, I Honestly think Hillsboro..Ohio,The US, Needs more work places like Turning Point for people whove made mistakes but are ready to change and get their lifes together..I really dont see how anyone could really oppose to the idea,They say ''Felons'' cant get jobs well theres your answer.
Notagoodidea

Sardinia, OH

#16 Mar 26, 2013
It's a place where all the druggies get together and plan there next move.. How many people actually finish the program or get their GED from turning point? Not many cause you see the same people walking around town high again. I feel that they need to drug test more. I doubt the companies that are having turning point doing work for them want their stuff put together by someone whom is high. I would like to get ahold of the businesses that take products there and let them know what I know about the place.... Who do I contact???? Anybody know??? The word is coming out!!!
wow

Hillsboro, OH

#17 Mar 28, 2013
Here's a couple company u can contact WEASTEC, SEAL TITE, they have turning point do there work for them! Thats a fact..
Notagoodidea

Wilmington, OH

#18 Mar 28, 2013
Thank you, I will put those names on my list.. Any other info would be very helpful. If everybody joins in we can clean this town up!!
courtney

Mansfield, OH

#19 Mar 28, 2013
Some people need that place as a second chance and not all of them are that way... Some actually have turned their lives around I no for a fact one has so its not all about planning a next move or anything like that.... Some people do change!!!
Notagoodidea

Wilmington, OH

#20 Mar 28, 2013
Some people do but how many out there have? If you are one of them that has changed then good for you that's great! But if you have worked there you know what I'm talking about, if you stay there too long those people will drag you down. If it helped you and you are clean then keep up the good work stay clean. 90% of the people that work there are still using drugs. My concern is why are they not being drug tested and how is it they can do their drug deals in the parking lot? I know for a fact this is going on.
No Point

Columbus, OH

#21 May 20, 2013
Turning point is just a way for the courts to get paid. Good or Bad... I'm still debating. Good to make the criminals work their fines/fees off. Bad since it uses funds that can be directed to better programs.

So far, most of the people I was following at Turning Point are arrested for probation violation or new drug crime. Probation violations usually occur immediately following the payoff of fines/fees... Gues what, they return after a short jail time to work again to payoff new fines/fees.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashlee bear is missing 26 min Curious 36
steve wilson 39 min pixie1 6
Smartest People in Hillsboro 14 hr brock 6
Sheriff 15 hr bgone 4
drug bust 17 hr ok ok 17
Tonya Lightner 20 hr Hoss 9
caleb hall 23 hr fred 30
Winchester Dating
Find my Match

Winchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Winchester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Winchester

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:49 pm PST

NBC Sports12:49PM
Bengals kicker Nugent perfect since overtime miss - NBC Sports
ESPN12:58 PM
Bengals' Smith (torn triceps) goes on IR
Bleacher Report 8:54 PM
What Experts Are Saying About Bucs vs. Bengals?
Bleacher Report 9:21 PM
How Gordon Tore Apart Falcons in Week 12
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Colts' Herron Should Continue Starting