Immigrants transforming Malden anew

There are 4 comments on the The Boston Globe story from Dec 23, 2009, titled Immigrants transforming Malden anew. In it, The Boston Globe reports that:

At J&R market on Salem Street, the shelves are stocked with Kenyan tea, Nigerian flour, and Mexican cactuses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Boston Globe.

WTF

Malden, MA

#1 Dec 23, 2009
Is this one of the reasons why Malden has turned into such a dump? When my family came here from Italy they learned the language and adapted to America's culture because this is where they wanted to live. Today people expect America to change to fit their cultures. This is so wrong.
Chico and the Man

Malden, MA

#2 Dec 24, 2009
I love Malden I can do whatever I want and all the free money is right in city hall. Social security the welfare department and dont forget how I get more money by going to tri city or tri cap and telling them i drink cerveca and smoke weed making me disabled. Yes Malden has transformed anew. Just like Lynn Chelsea Everett East Boston Lawrence Springfield. I would go on but nobody cares.
The Truth

Albany, LA

#3 Mar 6, 2010
Thank god this state has welfare checks, if not the entire town of Malden would be forced to move further from Melrose.
I agree

Malden, MA

#4 Mar 6, 2010
Good point

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wynn's Traffic Numbers Supported by State Sat Another Everett R... 5
electricians (Jan '06) May 21 Bob 8
News Multiple Boston Men Arraigned For Participating... May 19 Noyb 1
News Greater Boston's best breakfast spots May 17 Noyb 1
News Child Services Workers Picket Unsafe Caseloads May 11 Steve 17
News Doyon School in Ipswich chooses interim principal (Jun '11) May 3 Ipswich watch dog 2
News BRIEF: Photos, video of suspects in fatal Malde... (Feb '13) May 3 double-digit 20
More from around the web

Winchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]