Junk mail volume decreases

Junk mail volume decreases

There are 5 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Aug 25, 2009, titled Junk mail volume decreases. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

You can find a bright spot in the recession as close as your mailbox: There are far fewer hefty catalogs, bulging coupon packets, unwanted credit card offers and glossy fliers clogging it up.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

Yea Right

Inkster, MI

#1 Aug 25, 2009
Bull$hit...still getting tons of the crap...eliminate the US Postal Service if you want to save taxpayers some real bucks.
What LOL

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Aug 26, 2009
Heck everybody I know still gets junk mail everyday as I do also!! They are not cutting back!!
return to sender

York, PA

#3 Aug 26, 2009
Whenever I get the pre-approved junk mail, I put a slash over the name & write return to sender. We no longer get stuff from them. All I get in junk mail is local stuff now.
john doe 000069

Camp Hill, PA

#4 Aug 26, 2009
I second getting rid of the Postal Service. If the Postal Service is to fix itself it needs to get rid of the labor unions.
uofakron1944

Pennington Gap, VA

#5 Aug 27, 2009
HELP THE POST OFFICE INCREASE THEIR INCOME
Junk Mail Help:
When you get 'ads' enclosed with your phone or utility bill, return these 'ads' with your payment. Let the sending companies throw their own junk mail away.
When you get those 'pre-approved' letters in the mail for everything from credit cards to 2nd mortgages and similar type junk, do not throw away the return envelope.
Most of these come with postage-paid return envelopes, right? It costs them more than the regular 41 cents postage,'IF' and when they receive them back.
It costs them nothing if you throw them away! The postage was around 50 cents before the last increase and it is according to the weight. In that case, why not get rid of some of your other junk mail and put it in these cool little, postage-paid return envelopes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wheres oliver ayoub at (Apr '12) Apr 15 Kayla 3
Building inspector Scott Fitzpatrick (Aug '12) Apr 11 Malden Ma 57
News Police Looking for Public's Help to ID Suspects... (Jul '13) Apr 10 Curious 6
Everett Stimulus Apr 9 Hancock Broadway 4
Dr's Blood all over Hillary Supporter's Hands (May '17) Mar 31 Everettcitizen 8
ATTN White women...................... (Jun '17) Mar 29 COOL 2
The New Somerville Wates of Flesh Yuppies (Mar '17) Mar 29 obama is a racist 20

Winchester Jobs

Personal Finance

Winchester Mortgages