Food Stamp abuse
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Kelly

Winchester, KY

#1 Dec 11, 2011
I was at Shell at this sorry ass man came in and said Do you take food stamps? Then he went and got an ale8 and something else. Pissed me off. So tired of all the welfare abuse. People should really start reporting all the women they know that have a man living in their rent free apartment that is working but not claiming it. Everyone trying to beat the system. The ones of us who work and can barely get by have to keep paying more taxes to keep their sorry buts up. Have some pride people and get a frickin job so the rest of us don't have to worry each month if we can pay our rent and have food. Dead beats!!!!!!!!!!
Harvey N

Birmingham, AL

#2 Dec 11, 2011
Kelly wrote:
I was at Shell at this sorry ass man came in and said Do you take food stamps? Then he went and got an ale8 and something else. Pissed me off. So tired of all the welfare abuse. People should really start reporting all the women they know that have a man living in their rent free apartment that is working but not claiming it. Everyone trying to beat the system. The ones of us who work and can barely get by have to keep paying more taxes to keep their sorry buts up. Have some pride people and get a frickin job so the rest of us don't have to worry each month if we can pay our rent and have food. Dead beats!!!!!!!!!!
If it's that hard for you to make it then maybe you should file for the free ride as you make it seem to be. Go on and get you some grub stubs and stop all the bitching about it.
Rufus

Birmingham, AL

#3 Dec 11, 2011
Kelly wrote:
I was at Shell at this sorry ass man came in and said Do you take food stamps? Then he went and got an ale8 and something else. Pissed me off. So tired of all the welfare abuse. People should really start reporting all the women they know that have a man living in their rent free apartment that is working but not claiming it. Everyone trying to beat the system. The ones of us who work and can barely get by have to keep paying more taxes to keep their sorry buts up. Have some pride people and get a frickin job so the rest of us don't have to worry each month if we can pay our rent and have food. Dead beats!!!!!!!!!!
You got pissed off because a man wanted a soda pop and another item and pay for them with a foodstamp card!!! I bet you hate wjr if you get that pissed that easily.
whatever

Cincinnati, OH

#4 Dec 11, 2011
If food stamps covers it, then why not? I have bought ale8 with mine before, so what? How is that fraud or abuse? If it was, then purchasing those things would not be allowed with the card. Whatever. And just because someone is using food stamps, does not mean they don't work. Would you assume that since I said I get food stamps, that I sit at home on my lazy ass all day and do nothing? I could work full time for all you know, and still need food stamps. Everyone's situation is different and they might be working and struggling to make ends meet AND using food stamps too, you dont know. They might have had things happen in their lives that left them working their butts off but still needing help. And so what if they buy themselves an ale-8? Know what I hate? Frickin JUDGEMENTAL people. How about you go on in the shell station and buy what you are there to buy and mind your own business?
WJR

Birmingham, AL

#5 Dec 11, 2011
whatever wrote:
If food stamps covers it, then why not? I have bought ale8 with mine before, so what? How is that fraud or abuse? If it was, then purchasing those things would not be allowed with the card. Whatever. And just because someone is using food stamps, does not mean they don't work. Would you assume that since I said I get food stamps, that I sit at home on my lazy ass all day and do nothing? I could work full time for all you know, and still need food stamps. Everyone's situation is different and they might be working and struggling to make ends meet AND using food stamps too, you dont know. They might have had things happen in their lives that left them working their butts off but still needing help. And so what if they buy themselves an ale-8? Know what I hate? Frickin JUDGEMENTAL people. How about you go on in the shell station and buy what you are there to buy and mind your own business?
You explained that very well "whatever". I was on food stamps in the mid seventies when they were in paper form.
whatever

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Dec 11, 2011
Thanks.:) I remember the paper food stamps, they looked like monopoly money to me. Now, THOSE were easy to abuse. People traded them for all kinds of non-food items. I remember when I was about 12, this woman I knew asked me to babysit for her. I sat with her 2 kids for about 9 hours, then she gave me food stamps as payment. I was 12! What was I gonna do with food stamps? Maybe I went and bought me an ale-8 lol
WJR

Birmingham, AL

#7 Dec 11, 2011
whatever wrote:
Thanks.:) I remember the paper food stamps, they looked like monopoly money to me. Now, THOSE were easy to abuse. People traded them for all kinds of non-food items. I remember when I was about 12, this woman I knew asked me to babysit for her. I sat with her 2 kids for about 9 hours, then she gave me food stamps as payment. I was 12! What was I gonna do with food stamps? Maybe I went and bought me an ale-8 lol
I understand you there but, I was 40 and signed up for them in my brothers name due to his circumstances at the time. He called them grub stubs and I told him he should call them life savers.
kelly

Winchester, KY

#8 Dec 11, 2011
I think you should be buying some milk or FOOD with them. I bet you got a nice cell phone and car too. I am just saying that most of you have no pride. You act like the world owes you. I will continue to work overtime to pay for your sorry butt. The only poor people are the ones who work but don't make a lot of money. They get no help but are expected to pay for sorry people. I never seen so many people trying to beat the system. Geez
whatever wrote:
If food stamps covers it, then why not? I have bought ale8 with mine before, so what? How is that fraud or abuse? If it was, then purchasing those things would not be allowed with the card. Whatever. And just because someone is using food stamps, does not mean they don't work. Would you assume that since I said I get food stamps, that I sit at home on my lazy ass all day and do nothing? I could work full time for all you know, and still need food stamps. Everyone's situation is different and they might be working and struggling to make ends meet AND using food stamps too, you dont know. They might have had things happen in their lives that left them working their butts off but still needing help. And so what if they buy themselves an ale-8? Know what I hate? Frickin JUDGEMENTAL people. How about you go on in the shell station and buy what you are there to buy and mind your own business?
William Jack Roberts

Birmingham, AL

#9 Dec 11, 2011
kelly wrote:
<quoted text>I think you should be buying some milk or FOOD with them. I bet you got a nice cell phone and car too. I am just saying that most of you have no pride. You act like the world owes you. I will continue to work overtime to pay for your sorry butt. The only poor people are the ones who work but don't make a lot of money. They get no help but are expected to pay for sorry people. I never seen so many people trying to beat the system. Geez
You are the one with an attitude. You seem pissed off because you work at a store and therefore do not make allot of earnings. I understand that feeling but, do you judge everyone that buys a soda or another item they want with a foodstamp card? I hope you don't. You wouldn't happen to walk to work up hill both ways in all types of weather and never miss a day of work at that. Willingly work as many hours O.T. as you can get. Have you ever even tried to apply for foodstamps? I think you should. I don't know you and yours situation but, working in a store is certainly a factor that can be an asset in receiving benefits. Get off the I hate snap program and buy you and yours a pop or sucker when you want one. Use your earned income to save for a automobile. Get off the pity party and enjoy life's party. Don't get mad. A little constructive criticism can work wonders.
kelly

Winchester, KY

#10 Dec 11, 2011
If you actually seen the amount of money that was being given out to people then you would see why our country is in trouble. I am just tired of the baby daddy living with the mom and getting all the benefits. You got people with medicaid cards taking their kids to the EMERGENCY room for little colds and other little things. I have been in there when friends have came in and brought their kids together. Like hey we don't have nothing to do tonight so lets take our kids to the ER. If people are going to get benefits then they need to do it legally. Not lie and make everyone else pay their way. Those people never have to worry about where they are going to live the next month. They dont have to worry about not having food so why should the hard worker have too. I don't want assistance because I am capable of working. Not much but atleast I am not mooching off everyone else.
William Jack Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one with an attitude. You seem pissed off because you work at a store and therefore do not make allot of earnings. I understand that feeling but, do you judge everyone that buys a soda or another item they want with a foodstamp card? I hope you don't. You wouldn't happen to walk to work up hill both ways in all types of weather and never miss a day of work at that. Willingly work as many hours O.T. as you can get. Have you ever even tried to apply for foodstamps? I think you should. I don't know you and yours situation but, working in a store is certainly a factor that can be an asset in receiving benefits. Get off the I hate snap program and buy you and yours a pop or sucker when you want one. Use your earned income to save for a automobile. Get off the pity party and enjoy life's party. Don't get mad. A little constructive criticism can work wonders.
William Jack Roberts

Birmingham, AL

#11 Dec 11, 2011
kelly wrote:
<quoted text>If you actually seen the amount of money that was being given out to people then you would see why our country is in trouble. I am just tired of the baby daddy living with the mom and getting all the benefits. You got people with medicaid cards taking their kids to the EMERGENCY room for little colds and other little things. I have been in there when friends have came in and brought their kids together. Like hey we don't have nothing to do tonight so lets take our kids to the ER. If people are going to get benefits then they need to do it legally. Not lie and make everyone else pay their way. Those people never have to worry about where they are going to live the next month. They dont have to worry about not having food so why should the hard worker have too. I don't want assistance because I am capable of working. Not much but atleast I am not mooching off everyone else.
I do understand how you are feeling but, everyone isn't playing that game the way allot of people are.
Some people do work and still need assistance. That I understand also.
Don't allow the people that are obvious smoochers to effect your life so much.
Worry about you and yours and let the rest alone. The day will come when all else fails for those that never tried to help themselves nor others. Believe that. That day always comes when people least expect it.
I meant nothing bad by the way I came off but, at my age I can't afford to beat around the bush. It's a waste of time to do so.

Have a nice day,
William Jack Roberts
funny stuff

Magee, MS

#12 Dec 11, 2011
Don't hate the player, hate the game!! The gov gets enough off us, get em back!! Start finding you sum body to buy them off of & you can go in the store & buy you an ALE-8, sorry hun there's just nothing you can do about it, so why sit & stress urself over it, I cud care less what you or anybody else gets from the gov, I work my hubby works, we can't get assistance but who cares life goes on, I sure ain't gonna stress over who gets what from the gov if you can't beat em join em in sumway, just saying.
Malady

Winchester, KY

#13 Dec 11, 2011
PPl will Relearn to grow their own gardens in their yards like back in the day. ya know .. just so they can be "Independant" and healthier Super Man...... just sayin
my opinion

Birmingham, AL

#14 Dec 12, 2011
get whatever you can get at the cheapest price you can get it at. If it's there for the taking then take it. If it's free , get it.
whatever

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Dec 12, 2011
Well, since you are busy working overtime for my "sorry butt" Ill keep this short then move on.
To answer your questions, I do have a cell phone, but its nothing fancy. I have a car too, it is pretty special considering its paid for. It's 11 years old, runs most of the time, and Ive owned it since it was 3 years old so Im pretty attached to it.
We have 7 people in our family, so you would think we get a TON of food stamps, right? Not really. About $300 a month. Try feeding 7 people on that. When the stamps run out about 2 weeks into the month, instead of crying our little eyes out, or finding a way to "scam", we revert back to our income we receive from working our butts off to support our "sorry butts" to buy food. We spend the rest trying to keep our house warm enough that we dont freeze. Kinda hard when you dont have heat in the house other than portable radiators. My baby and I are sitting in the house right now, bundled up to keep warm. But Im not complaining, mind you. I have a roof over my head and dont have to worry about losing it. And before you assume, NO, we get no assistance paying for it. I just dont think I fit your definition of a dead beat trying to beat the system (I was upfront and completely honest when I applied, I even call to report changes which im sure many dont) and It bothers me when judgemental people lump everyone who gets assistance into one big group and craps on them. Oh well, you will think what you will. That's ok.
seriously.

Winchester, KY

#16 Dec 12, 2011
kelly wrote:
<quoted text>If you actually seen the amount of money that was being given out to people then you would see why our country is in trouble. I am just tired of the baby daddy living with the mom and getting all the benefits. You got people with medicaid cards taking their kids to the EMERGENCY room for little colds and other little things. I have been in there when friends have came in and brought their kids together. Like hey we don't have nothing to do tonight so lets take our kids to the ER. If people are going to get benefits then they need to do it legally. Not lie and make everyone else pay their way. Those people never have to worry about where they are going to live the next month. They dont have to worry about not having food so why should the hard worker have too. I don't want assistance because I am capable of working. Not much but atleast I am not mooching off everyone else.


Now your mad because people take their kids to the ER? You need help.
Dan

Louisville, KY

#17 Dec 12, 2011
kelly

Winchester, KY

#18 Dec 12, 2011
[QUOTE who="seriously."] <quoted text>
Now your mad because people take their kids to the ER? You need help.
[/QUOTE]

Go volunteer in the ER just 1 day or night and you will see what I mean. It would only take 1 time
James

Winchester, KY

#19 Dec 12, 2011
If a family is so poor that they need food stamps then they should be buying food to prepare meals. Sorry but don't need ale's to live
wondering

Winchester, KY

#20 Dec 14, 2011
Ok the ones that are bashing us for having foodstamps need to shut up and mind their own business. I'm a single mom and i work full time and go to college full time and then go home and take care of my child and thats full time to. so are you all going to say that i'm lazy cuz i need foodstamps? i have to pay rent, utilites, buy diapers and wipes plus hygen products and cell bill, and a car payment oh yeah considering how much gas is that to. so now what do you have to say ???????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
reggie davis 29 min angelking121 1
ava 34 min angelking121 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Strel 163,318
Joshua hopkins 4 hr Growup 2
Chris Crowell 6 hr Curious 1
anthony conner (Jul '11) 8 hr Old Pal 6
Combating Drug Dealers 8 hr Tim Doolin 22

Winchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winchester Mortgages