Teacher Protest
Cloris Leachy

Lebanon, KY

#207 Jul 18, 2012
How much education is needed to do this job? I mean she has the job, got the job when she had a Masters and so if this is the perfect job, why continue? What does the PhD do for her except make her more marketable to other districs who will pay her more?
lockied

Louisville, KY

#208 Jul 18, 2012
Cloris Leachy wrote:
How much education is needed to do this job? I mean she has the job, got the job when she had a Masters and so if this is the perfect job, why continue? What does the PhD do for her except make her more marketable to other districs who will pay her more?
Some people enjoy and crave learning. I do. I worked full time and got my Masters because it was a personal challenge, and I enjoyed it. Are you all seriously now going to attack the woman for getting her doctorate, like that's a bad thing?
"What does a PhD do for her" - really?
This has gotten stretched to the point of absolute absurdity when you start critiquing a person's personal learning.
lockied

Louisville, KY

#209 Jul 18, 2012
Cloris Leachy wrote:
How did she get her doctorate? On school time? On the internet? Help me understand how you can get a doctorate and write your dissertation when you are a full time Clark County Superintendent? Again, I say, she knew this and is in it for her own gain.....not the districts or kid's gain. If she was in it for the county's gain....where would she spend her time? In her own classroom in front of the computer? or writing her own dissertation? or trying to fix the big problems that we have in education here in Clark County?
Help you understand how she completed her Doctorate. Well, you go to work. Then in the evenings, and weekends, you research and study and write, and then research and study and revise.
You don't go to Bingo or hang at Walmart or post on Topix, you don't sit in front of a tv or stalk facebook or visit your kid in jail/rehab or plot more attacks on people - you work on your dissertation.

I've seen it all now; a community that questions, demands answers and alleges neglect, and criticizes a person for furthering their education (especially when education is the field they chose).
Cloris Leachy

Lebanon, KY

#210 Jul 18, 2012
If she enjoys and "craves"learning then she should go to UK and be a professor. She is a superintendent and that is a manager for this school district. I am all for her getting more education if that is what she wants, but why do it at my expense as a taxpayer? Again....she has the job,,,,just do it! I don't think she has done a good job at all in Clark County. If she had, we would not have all this controversy. I do now know Ms. Farris. I would not recognize her if she came up to me, and I do not know the Columbias. I am just stating an opinion of what I observe being a taxpayer. I do not have a dog in ths fight other than the taxes I pay....do you?
Cloris Leachy

Lebanon, KY

#211 Jul 18, 2012
I meant I do not know Ms. Farris. Have not seen her, never met her. Period.
lockied

Louisville, KY

#212 Jul 18, 2012
Cloris Leachy wrote:
If she enjoys and "craves"learning then she should go to UK and be a professor. She is a superintendent and that is a manager for this school district. I am all for her getting more education if that is what she wants, but why do it at my expense as a taxpayer? Again....she has the job,,,,just do it! I don't think she has done a good job at all in Clark County. If she had, we would not have all this controversy. I do now know Ms. Farris. I would not recognize her if she came up to me, and I do not know the Columbias. I am just stating an opinion of what I observe being a taxpayer. I do not have a dog in ths fight other than the taxes I pay....do you?
'

No dogs, don't even pay taxes, and wouldn't live there if it were free. Just amazed that a community would take it personally that a person is furthering their education. You know, she didn't marry any of you or adopt your kids. It's a job. She may take another job in the future, who knows - why do you care? Everyone strives to better themselves, or should.
So, do you have a problem with, say, a superintendent who plays golf? Is active in their church? Volunteers in any capacity? What exactly is your problem with what a person does in their own time, in their own pursuit of education? How do you justify stating that she's doing anything on your money? She owes you nothing more than the time she's on the job. No one does in any job.
What a very strange thing to seek to deny someone - education. But it's Winchester.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#213 Jul 18, 2012
Cloris Leachy wrote:
If she had, we would not have all this controversy.
The controversy began with Paul Columbia's dismissal as coach, and the top screamers and attention seekers are the Columbias and their "minions". What does that say to you?
dolly parton

Winchester, KY

#214 Jul 18, 2012
And Now What wrote:
<quoted text>The controversy began with Paul Columbia's dismissal as coach, and the top screamers and attention seekers are the Columbias and their "minions". What does that say to you?
all you honeys need something to do with your time, take up basket weaving, knitting or something useful with your time, because sweethearts , none of this garbage going to mean a hill of beans someday, if you all are educated, you sure to need to brush up on your manners, All this crap is--- just pages of useless words... Now y'all have a peace filled day!!
Amazed

Georgetown, KY

#215 Jul 19, 2012
lockied wrote:
<quoted text>'
No dogs, don't even pay taxes, and wouldn't live there if it were free. Just amazed that a community would take it personally that a person is furthering their education. You know, she didn't marry any of you or adopt your kids. It's a job. She may take another job in the future, who knows - why do you care? Everyone strives to better themselves, or should.
So, do you have a problem with, say, a superintendent who plays golf? Is active in their church? Volunteers in any capacity? What exactly is your problem with what a person does in their own time, in their own pursuit of education? How do you justify stating that she's doing anything on your money? She owes you nothing more than the time she's on the job. No one does in any job.
What a very strange thing to seek to deny someone - education. But it's Winchester.
Thank you. I don't have any children in this school system anymore, and I am glad. It is simply amazing the damage these people are willing to do over the dismissal of an ineffective coach. I never thought I would see the day that someone would feel justified questioning an educator for furthering their abilities. The words simply fail me. These bumpkins are literally complaining because someone has received a doctorate. This is absolutely embarrassing.
Thank You

Georgetown, KY

#217 Jul 19, 2012
Cloris Leachy wrote:
If she enjoys and "craves"learning then she should go to UK and be a professor. She is a superintendent and that is a manager for this school district. I am all for her getting more education if that is what she wants, but why do it at my expense as a taxpayer? Again....she has the job,,,,just do it! I don't think she has done a good job at all in Clark County. If she had, we would not have all this controversy. I do now know Ms. Farris. I would not recognize her if she came up to me, and I do not know the Columbias. I am just stating an opinion of what I observe being a taxpayer. I do not have a dog in ths fight other than the taxes I pay....do you?
It took me awhile to get that you were being sarcastic here. Thank you for the chuckle. I couldn't figure how any logical person would think this way. That is some funny stuff.
WOW

Louisville, KY

#218 Jul 19, 2012
Cloris Leachy wrote:
If she enjoys and "craves"learning then she should go to UK and be a professor. She is a superintendent and that is a manager for this school district. I am all for her getting more education if that is what she wants, but why do it at my expense as a taxpayer? Again....she has the job,,,,just do it! I don't think she has done a good job at all in Clark County. If she had, we would not have all this controversy. I do now know Ms. Farris. I would not recognize her if she came up to me, and I do not know the Columbias. I am just stating an opinion of what I observe being a taxpayer. I do not have a dog in ths fight other than the taxes I pay....do you?


So you are saying if your employer gave you the opportunity to further your education and get a degree in a field that helped them as well and give you more money because if benefited them and their customers then you wouldn't do the same???? People who don't feed off the government beg for opportunities like this.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#219 Jul 19, 2012
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you. I don't have any children in this school system anymore, and I am glad. It is simply amazing the damage these people are willing to do over the dismissal of an ineffective coach. I never thought I would see the day that someone would feel justified questioning an educator for furthering their abilities. The words simply fail me. These bumpkins are literally complaining because someone has received a doctorate. This is absolutely embarrassing.
If you want to be really embarrassed, and have some time, read the childish facebook postings. These 2 women are heroines in their own minds; well, along with a few other bored housewives who would gladly climb up anyone's rear for a moment of distraction. This is 100% about Columbia's dismissal and there is no one who isn't miffed about that who is behind anything that Joan "Balls of Steel - What a Woman" (seriously, I read it) spews.
Outside of Winchester, no one is envious, shocked or critical of superintents being Doctors. In fact, we expect it.
If they ever had a legitimate gripe, their approach has ridiculed it completely at this point.
You are wrong

Miamisburg, OH

#220 Jul 19, 2012
This is not "only about Columbia's firing". This goes a lot deeper than most of you realize. Don't worry though you will soon find out things that will blow your mind. People being allowed back into positions after theft, the board making fun of the community through email, and a whole lot of covering up for the things they did. Give it time
WOW

Louisville, KY

#221 Jul 19, 2012
You are wrong wrote:
This is not "only about Columbia's firing". This goes a lot deeper than most of you realize. Don't worry though you will soon find out things that will blow your mind. People being allowed back into positions after theft, the board making fun of the community through email, and a whole lot of covering up for the things they did. Give it time
What do you think should happen to the person who was hired back after their theft? Do you think school employees who aren't doing their jobs are stealing from the school system and our kids because they are not truly earning their pay? Do you think that anyone who has misplaced money or just wasn't smart enough to keep up with tens of thousands of dollars should be allowed to condemn and question other?
Hmmm

Lexington, KY

#222 Jul 19, 2012
You are wrong wrote:
This is not "only about Columbia's firing". This goes a lot deeper than most of you realize. Don't worry though you will soon find out things that will blow your mind. People being allowed back into positions after theft, the board making fun of the community through email, and a whole lot of covering up for the things they did. Give it time
After reading some of the idiotic statements made on here, I would understand if they "made fun if the community", although I seriously doubt they did. You people are flat out ignorant. When did it become a crime to call out stupidity?
Humarious

Owensboro, KY

#224 Jul 19, 2012
I would not use Montgomery Co Superintendent Josh Powell as an example...He has based every decisions on test scores / personal agenda's.. He has fired/forced resignation from every principal in the district. One of the principal's were "administrator of the year".
Yada yada yada could go on and on...I would not use this person as my "poster child"...It will make you look like a laughing stock.. Montgomery CO is devastated by the outlandish spending and replacements. But has decided to take another route as oppose to picking up pitch forks,name calling,or even airing their dirty laundry on the airways or news.. They have managed to show some class for the time being.. Which some should take note of.
Grow up

Winchester, KY

#225 Jul 19, 2012
dolly parton wrote:
<quoted text>all you honeys need something to do with your time, take up basket weaving, knitting or something useful with your time, because sweethearts , none of this garbage going to mean a hill of beans someday, if you all are educated, you sure to need to brush up on your manners, All this crap is--- just pages of useless words... Now y'all have a peace filled day!!
I think you ignorant educated people should meet out behind GRC and beat the crap out of each other, person left standing wins!!
Pfffft

Winchester, KY

#226 Jul 19, 2012
Daniel wrote:
<quoted text>
If this happens as you say then Clark Co will continue it's downward spiral to a place no one wants to be. We can't attrack new businesses and create jobs in a county like this. You'll be removing people that have turned this district around. Test scores are up, attendance is up and reduced dropout rate indicate that the programs put in place are working. You all are the part of this county that doesnt want to move forward. We don't want you to ruin Clark Co. Be part of a positive and exciting future by not being a part of Joan's deceptive plan.
spoken like the politician u r. Im lookin 4 a real person eager to hear all us "complainers" not a board that won't hear us. It's the same reason that got Obama in office. We r sick of the same bs we need fresh ideas & energy. Have u seen Joans ideas? They r good & no one has been able to prove her wrong y'all just insult her try listening
just sayin

Lexington, KY

#227 Jul 20, 2012
Paul Columbia's wife is a nut job....end of story...
WOW

Louisville, KY

#228 Jul 20, 2012
Pfffft wrote:
<quoted text> spoken like the politician u r. Im lookin 4 a real person eager to hear all us "complainers" not a board that won't hear us. It's the same reason that got Obama in office. We r sick of the same bs we need fresh ideas & energy. Have u seen Joans ideas? They r good & no one has been able to prove her wrong y'all just insult her try listening
You live in Joan's and Patti's world not ours. Those aren't fresh ideas those are rantings from people who just want to say something with no substance. Again show the substance already and quit badgering people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
add word drop word (Sep '10) 2 hr -Sprocket- 160
Add a Word-Drop a Word (May '10) 2 hr -Sprocket- 2,975
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Get your popcorn 158,084
Arm wrestling 4 hr Stoutasourous Rex 17
Philip Howard 8 hr Payied 2
iron horseman (Sep '08) 8 hr family 676
eric rison getting STOMPED (Apr '13) 14 hr Anonymous 17

Winchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winchester Mortgages