Why do "Christians" hate everybody

Posted in the Winchester Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Curious

Winchester, KY

#1 May 26, 2012
Just spent the day at a family get together with my very religious cousins and aunts and uncles. They hate everybody. According to them everyone is going to hell except for them. I couldn't live my life hating everyone and judging them. Why do these people think they have the right to pass judgment on anybody?

No wonder people are turning away from the church.
Odd-it-see Penelope

United States

#2 May 26, 2012
Curious wrote:
Just spent the day at a family get together with my very religious cousins and aunts and uncles. They hate everybody. According to them everyone is going to hell except for them. I couldn't live my life hating everyone and judging them. Why do these people think they have the right to pass judgment on anybody?

the self-righteousness of religious people often overshadows the light of true Christians. Hope the food was at least good!
really

Louisville, KY

#3 May 26, 2012
Been to a couple of those gatherings, too. They don't hate everybody, just anybody who doesn't think like them. And they love to get in faces about it! I try to avoid them.
Tracy
#4 May 26, 2012
Christians dont hate everybody. they simply think everyone who is not in church or in "their church" are sinners. But what they forget is those who judge shall be judged. Sorry you won family made u feel like that.
just me
#5 May 26, 2012
Sorry that some people are like that, Christian or otherwise. Just remember, the people offended you, not the Lord. I agree that the judgementalism has turned many people away from church. It has happened to me too. Keep the Lord in your heart. When you do go to church, look to heaven and not to the people. It feels good going to church if you can do that.
Jennifer

Winchester, KY

#6 May 26, 2012
I know what you mean. My in-laws go to church each time the door opens but being around them is just painful. They put down everyone and always want to tell their point of view but never want to hear what anyone else has to say.

I love it when they talk about the Jews are God's chosen people and that's why we must support Israel. However, they also tell me that all Jews are going to spend eternity burning in hell.

WTF?

Does any of that make sense?

I wish there was a church that I go could to that made me feel joyful. When I try to attend with family and friends I feel like shooting myself when I leave. Doom and gloom - hellfire and brimstone. Not very uplifting or inspirational.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#7 May 26, 2012
I agree with Odd-it-see Penelope..... even Jesus Himself had self-righteous religious people in His day....Pharisees.
True Christian

United States

#8 May 26, 2012
Being a "true" christian is hating the sin not the sinner. For example bible speaks In plain words against homesexuality. BUT we are NOT to hate but "Hate" the sin itself and show love and compassion like Christ Jesus. But many forget this.
really

Louisville, KY

#9 May 26, 2012
True Christian wrote:
Being a "true" christian is hating the sin not the sinner. For example bible speaks In plain words against homesexuality. BUT we are NOT to hate but "Hate" the sin itself and show love and compassion like Christ Jesus. But many forget this.
You say it plainly states words against homosexuality, and so that's a sin. Do you believe everything contained in the book is true? Do you believe everything plainly stated as sinful is?
just me
#10 May 26, 2012
It would be cool to find a perfect church, but that can't happen, because churches are made of people, and people aren't perfect. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. I'm not perfect either, and remembering that helps me to put up with some things that aggravate me about others.
sinner

Boynton Beach, FL

#11 May 27, 2012
There is a difference in a Christian versus a person who rants about religion. A true Christian does not spew hate. They would be more concerned with lifting people up and not tearing them down. But people need to realize Christians are not perfect. They are sinners as well and will be judged accordingly. Just because I am a Christian does not mean my life is perfect and that I don't mess up. I may not be perfect, but Christ in me will always be perfect. I love people, all people. I may not like someones lifestyle, and yes I do sometimes judge people without thinking. I try not to though.
huh

Boynton Beach, FL

#12 May 27, 2012
Curious wrote:
You spent the day judging them and most your life on here judging others....hmmm.
anon

Winchester, KY

#13 May 27, 2012
We don't. Some ways we hate. But, we sin and screw up sometimes too.

Christians are not perfect in this world. We are in the next.

Don't make a few people turn you off of believing in Jesus our Lord.
Curious

Winchester, KY

#14 May 27, 2012
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
You spent the day judging them and most your life on here judging others....hmmm.
Yes, I am judging them. But I don't proclaim to be a born again Christian who is going straight to heaven while everyone else burns in hell.
just me
#15 May 27, 2012
Love one another.
pissed christian

Winchester, KY

#16 May 27, 2012
Someone on another board just told me I was brainwashed and mindless cause I'm a Christian. My patience couldn't take that anymore.
I said. Well, f**k you too see you next tuesday. not in those exact words though.

Yeah, kinda angry right now. See of Atheists thinking they rule in life and us Christians are someone they can piss all over.
just me
#17 May 27, 2012
pissed christian wrote:
Someone on another board just told me I was brainwashed and mindless cause I'm a Christian. My patience couldn't take that anymore.
I said. Well, f**k you too see you next tuesday. not in those exact words though.
Yeah, kinda angry right now. See of Atheists thinking they rule in life and us Christians are someone they can piss all over.
See, this is a great example of how we Christians are not perfect. We get angry, and if we lose our self-control, some of us sometimes cuss, but guess what? God will forgive our mistakes if we ask him to. I'm not saying that as believers we should do whatever we want or live just any old way. We should TRY to live an exemplary life, be kind, non-judgemental, and genuinely love one another.
just me
#18 May 27, 2012
And I would like you to know I meant no offence or to use you as a bad example, I cuss sometimes when I am angry, too. Sorry.
just me
#19 May 27, 2012
To "Curious"

Thanks for starting this thread...it's nice to have an opportunity to chat on Topix about something other that "pillbillies" and "pill hoes".
just me
#20 May 27, 2012
Nice conversation for a Sunday afternoon :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min I hate liars 171,873
Winchester living Magazine 4 min Tom 5
college park 49 min Boggs 2
add a word (Sep '10) 1 hr Just Saying 82
Frank Tolson Jr 2 hr Scared 3
What's happened with Holly Walsh 4 hr Lefty 9
add word drop word (Sep '10) 7 hr Humour Me 320

Winchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winchester Mortgages