clark county hospital ER

Posted in the Winchester Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
WTF

Houston, TX

#1 Apr 14, 2012
Go into the ER for about the 4th time. same damn problem sent away with a different band aid. What the hell is wrong with this hospital? Is it the doctors, or it the administration that says. Here, take this Tylenol and you will be fine. Ok Doctor dumb a ss. When the patient tells you they canít hold any food down, and then proves it twice in your express delivery room, ITS NOT MC DONALDS, You do have to take a minute and listen. That degree you got from Mexico doesnít mean a damn thing if youíre not paying attention to what the patient is saying. I know you think you know better than we do but I do know whatís wrong with me. I need you to help me fix it. Not pass me off so you can get more insurance money. When youíre told Iím going to see someone in a month to have the appendix looked at possible emergency surgery. You might want to take a moment out of the oh so busy schedule of trying to rush everyone out so your number look good and check. You need to have your license taken from you and the hospital should just be closed down.
in a month

West Liberty, KY

#2 Apr 14, 2012
In a month the appedix could have bursted and set up deadly infection. I recommend that the next time you have to go, head into lexington and see a real hosptial. If you think the winchester hospital is bad you should go to one like jackson ky, why when I took my husband in there for kidney stones, they didn't even know what they were. Even after I told them that my dad had them for years and I know what I was talking about. They sent him home with something for the puking and and anti inflamatory(arthritis meds). Told us to follow up with our family doctor. That was at four am on a saturday morning and our doctor wasn't in until monday.
WTF

Houston, TX

#3 Apr 15, 2012
in a month wrote:
In a month the appedix could have bursted and set up deadly infection. I recommend that the next time you have to go, head into lexington and see a real hosptial. If you think the winchester hospital is bad you should go to one like jackson ky, why when I took my husband in there for kidney stones, they didn't even know what they were. Even after I told them that my dad had them for years and I know what I was talking about. They sent him home with something for the puking and and anti inflamatory(arthritis meds). Told us to follow up with our family doctor. That was at four am on a saturday morning and our doctor wasn't in until monday.
anyone can see that they are just there to take insurance money and send people out a rotaing door.
hmmm

Lexington, KY

#4 Apr 15, 2012
Have you seen your primary care provider about this? Why are you going 4 times to the ER instead of talking with your own doctor after the first time?
lol

Lexington, KY

#5 Apr 15, 2012
WTF wrote:
Go into the ER for about the 4th time. same damn problem sent away with a different band aid. What the hell is wrong with this hospital? Is it the doctors, or it the administration that says. Here, take this Tylenol and you will be fine. Ok Doctor dumb a ss. When the patient tells you they canít hold any food down, and then proves it twice in your express delivery room, ITS NOT MC DONALDS, You do have to take a minute and listen. That degree you got from Mexico doesnít mean a damn thing if youíre not paying attention to what the patient is saying. I know you think you know better than we do but I do know whatís wrong with me. I need you to help me fix it. Not pass me off so you can get more insurance money. When youíre told Iím going to see someone in a month to have the appendix looked at possible emergency surgery. You might want to take a moment out of the oh so busy schedule of trying to rush everyone out so your number look good and check. You need to have your license taken from you and the hospital should just be closed down.
Really? Take the dr's license and shut the hospital? Go see a doctor during the week! Don't keep cluttering up the emergency room 4 times because you're vomiting!!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#6 Apr 15, 2012
WTF wrote:
It took you 4 times to figure it out.Really?
WTF

Houston, TX

#7 Apr 15, 2012
hmmm wrote:
Have you seen your primary care provider about this? Why are you going 4 times to the ER instead of talking with your own doctor after the first time?
That's genius I wouldnít have thought of that. Your mom must be so proud of you that you can point out the obvious. Yes we have, it took Clark a month in a half to schedule an appointment just for a consultation about it. Then god knows how long it will take to get the surgery. Even the insurance company said the hospital was giving them the ďrun aroundĒ thanks for judging my comment hope you like mine
WTF

Houston, TX

#8 Apr 15, 2012
Festus P Peabody wrote:
<quoted text>
its an appendix issue read the whole comment not just part cause you one of the problems there
lol

Lexington, KY

#9 Apr 15, 2012
in a month wrote:
What did you want them to do? They gave you what you needed to control the symptoms until the stone passed and/or you saw your doctor. There's not a lot to do but wait, unless it goes on long enough to require a lithotripsy. No doctor is going to do an invasive method before waiting for them to pass. If you were looking for pain meds, that's not going to happen. You'll be given Advil.
WTF

Houston, TX

#10 Apr 15, 2012
Festus P Peabody wrote:
<quoted text>
cant get o another hospital unless you want to give me a ride. i have the car and the gas, it just hurts to much
lol

Lexington, KY

#11 Apr 15, 2012
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
That's genius I wouldnít have thought of that. Your mom must be so proud of you that you can point out the obvious. Yes we have, it took Clark a month in a half to schedule an appointment just for a consultation about it. Then god knows how long it will take to get the surgery. Even the insurance company said the hospital was giving them the ďrun aroundĒ thanks for judging my comment hope you like mine
What surgery do you need, what have you been diagnosed with? After the first episode, I'd call my doctor. If you have a primary care doctor that can't see you for a 6 weeks, find another one. What was it that you wanted from the emergency room that you didn't get 4 times?
I neither like nor dislike your comment, it's just a comment.
And yes, my mother is quite proud of me, thanks.
lol

Lexington, KY

#12 Apr 15, 2012
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
its an appendix issue read the whole comment not just part cause you one of the problems there
You never mentioned appendix anywhere, just that you were vomiting.
lol

Lexington, KY

#13 Apr 15, 2012
Yes, you did mention it at the end, sorry. Did you want them to do the appendectomy right then?
WTF

Houston, TX

#14 Apr 15, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you want them to do? They gave you what you needed to control the symptoms until the stone passed and/or you saw your doctor. There's not a lot to do but wait, unless it goes on long enough to require a lithotripsy. No doctor is going to do an invasive method before waiting for them to pass. If you were looking for pain meds, that's not going to happen. You'll be given Advil.
God forbid I get pain meds to ease up the pain that I have to deal with until I get to the consultation. Because itís my fault that Doctors gave it out to every blow-jo that walked in the door and now they are afraid to do it at all. And yes I want them to do something besides pat me on the back. Itís may not be obvious by my statements but I have taken steps. MRI done TWICE, ultra sound done. Seen the doctor at UK that told me I HAD to go to Clark because thatís what my insurance would pay for DONE. The infection has already set in, I donít need or want pills I want help. I can go to Wal-Mart for my head ache and get Advil
WTF

Houston, TX

#15 Apr 15, 2012
lol wrote:
Yes, you did mention it at the end, sorry. Did you want them to do the appendectomy right then?
yes more then once.
WTF

Houston, TX

#16 Apr 15, 2012
i have to go but i will be back
Miss Font

Winchester, KY

#17 Apr 15, 2012
In a general comment concerning E,
.R rooms-- a good friend if mine is an ER nurse in Lexington. she says 90% of what they see is (a) people seeking pain medication.(b) people using the emergency room as a substitution for a regular doctor visit. Not saying these apply to this situation, but my insurance co-pay for my DR is $20 and if I go to ER $200; however individuals on state funded medical programs have no financial motivation to not use the ER as a alternate doctors office. I'm curious what insurance you have?
hmmm

Lexington, KY

#18 Apr 15, 2012
Miss Font wrote:
In a general comment concerning E,
.R rooms-- a good friend if mine is an ER nurse in Lexington. she says 90% of what they see is (a) people seeking pain medication.(b) people using the emergency room as a substitution for a regular doctor visit. Not saying these apply to this situation, but my insurance co-pay for my DR is $20 and if I go to ER $200; however individuals on state funded medical programs have no financial motivation to not use the ER as a alternate doctors office. I'm curious what insurance you have?
Please don't get me started by mentioning the cost of insurance and co-pays in the same paragraph as medicaid. I pay all 3 and not at all happy about it.
lol

Lexington, KY

#19 Apr 15, 2012
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
yes more then once.
If you've been seen 4 times and acute appendicitis hasn't been treated, then you don't have it. There isn't even one doctor out there that would have missed it in a physical exam (pressing on your belly), an FBC to look at a couple of different levels, an ultrasound and an appendiceal CT. Surely not 4 would.
If they detected acute appendicitis by any of these methods, you would have been moved to surgery immediately.
If you had chronic appendicitis, they might choose to treat it with antibiotics because your symptoms recur, not just get worse every minute. They'll go away and come back, and some heal and never have more symptoms.
Chronic appendicitis can also move into acute where your pain doesn't subside or go away but gets worse, which is ALWAYS handled with surgery.
So you either don't have appendicitis at all, or the level detected indicated chronic appendicitis, or you have acute appendicitis and 4 malpractice suits to file.
in a month

West Liberty, KY

#20 Apr 15, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
I wanted them to take an x ray to make sure that the stone could be passed safely. I wanted pain medication to control the pain. Unless you have either had a stone or lived with someone that has you have no idea how painful or dangerous they are. Anti Inflamatory meds are not pain meds. Big difference between the two. The pharmacist that filled my scripts couldn't believe what had happened. They told me that the anti inflamatory was used for arthritis not pain control and definetly not for stones. By the way he passed four big stones four days later. The type with little sticklers on them. The most painful kind to have.
My father had lithotripsy once and has been hospitalize several times for this.
As a matter of fact the same hospital about three years before had done the same thing to him when my mother and brother took him to the hospital.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min yabadabado 135,674
Tree Fort (Jun '14) 14 min -Sprocket- 1,308
who drives the black truck at amazon 32 min blah 3
ashley martin aka ashleywoosley (Jun '10) 33 min blah 19
tea room 56 min mad hatter 4
Brittany at Captain D's. 2 hr Wondering 13
stephanie bates (Mar '12) 9 hr janie 29
staton auto sales 16 hr lol 28
More from around the web

Winchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]