Conkwright Middle School

Posted in the Winchester Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Parent

Winchester, KY

#1 Oct 13, 2008
I think the teachers at Conkwright Middle are wonderful. Thank you all.........

Since: Oct 08

Winchester, Ky

#2 Oct 13, 2008
My son jsut started there this year and I have to agree. they ae great. As well as the principals.
raquel

Lexington, KY

#3 Oct 13, 2008
go cougars!!!!!!!!!!
Angry Parent

Palo Alto, CA

#4 Oct 13, 2008
Be glad your children don't attend Clark Middle. The principal there is awful
cougardad

Winchester, KY

#5 Oct 13, 2008
a fun bunch of teachers, and some not bad to look at!!
Ronnie

Winchester, KY

#6 Oct 13, 2008
amen to that
ohyeahhh

Winchester, KY

#7 Oct 14, 2008
I also enjoy going over to conkwright......
anonymous

Winchester, KY

#8 Oct 15, 2008
glad to see good things about the staff at conkwright. My daughter graduated there last year and had a ball. Wish I could name a few of the really great ones that she had a ball with but they are all good
xyz

Winchester, KY

#9 Oct 19, 2008
time to send them back... good luck teachers lol
also sounds like good news for the dads on here that like to oogle the teachers, guess they didn't have teachers that look like their sons and daughters teachers at conkwright lol
conkwrightdad

Winchester, KY

#10 Oct 22, 2008
has anyone been out to the school. I dropped off yesterday and WOW..... they are hot. let me know who is who out there I don't know names
anonymous

Winchester, KY

#11 Nov 10, 2008
Great school. Everyone should go out to the Veterans Program tomorrow the 11th.
WinchesterMom

Winchester, KY

#12 Feb 26, 2009
I have to agree with this statement. I love this school. They have been very supportive of my son. They have really gone above and beyond to help him. I wish that i had been able to get this kind of help for him all along.

Since: Feb 09

Clarksville, TN

#13 Feb 26, 2009
Angry Parent wrote:
Be glad your children don't attend Clark Middle. The principal there is awful
My oldest daughter attended Conkwright and didn't like it but she is 24 now. My middle daughter went there now she is a freshman at GRC, she did not like Clark Middle or the teachers or the Principal or Vice Principal. My youngest son is also at Clark Middle and doesn't like it or the rest of them. I have had many meetings with the teachers the are very rude and the secretary needs something to make her smile. I hate this school and wish and just might transfer my son the Conkwright because as far as sports, if you don't money they over look one. I just do not like this school or any of the staff there.
prouddad

Georgetown, KY

#14 Feb 26, 2009
My daughter is in HS now and went to conkwright and it was good to her, she was not in magnet but was an overall good experience. My son goes there now and is in magnet, what I like about the new direction of the new principle there are less preferences given now to magnet students than before, it use to be they were set on a pedistal and got a bunch of special treatment. Now they are a student first which I can say about all there sports if you don't cut it in the class room you can forget playing sports.

Got one comment are Berryman and Whiteside related? Both seem to be goof balls!!
also agree

Lexington, KY

#15 Feb 26, 2009
agree with "prouddad" academics are first in if the grades aren't kept up then you won't play sports - which is great - most schools are the opposite. It is a great school academically and sports wise, they don't pick you for the team based on who your parents are or the money - they pick you on talent. As a matter of fact the head coach didn't pick his son for the baseball team - not that his son isn't talented just thought he would give the 7th and 8th graders a chance and the 6th graders sit on the bench alot so he will play LL and then try out for Conkwright next year - now that is fair picking, wasn't a shoe in because he was head coaches son.
whitney

Winchester, KY

#16 Feb 26, 2009
well i go there now,
and if you think magnet dont get special treatment anymore, your wrong.
they get so much more. dress codes are diff. they get away with dress code violations when traditional is so tight on it you cant breathe.
im happy its my last year there.
disagree

Lexington, KY

#17 Feb 26, 2009
whitney my son was in magnet for 3 years and his last year was last year, anyhow, they were just as tight with them as you guys, he wore a shirt with a small logo on it and got written up and had to cover it up. When Cleaver was there his first year he did get special treatment-my younger son is in the 6th grade at Conkwright and he decided not to go to magnet because they do learn more in the regular program - so we didn't push him to test for it although his older brother was in it. But if it helps Mr. Wright is trying to take that better than thou image away and it is mostly because of the teachers in the magnet program, but it is changing.
Proud Mom

United States

#18 Feb 26, 2009
Whitney, my daughter is in magnet now and has been for 2 years, and I do not think those kids get by with any thing. I think they have more work put on them and work very hard to keep their grades up to stay in this program. In the last 2 weeks, my daughter has come in with more homework then I have ever seen. She works her butt off and I know she does not get by with anything. As for the teachers...as in any school...some of them are just plain shit. I know there is 2 teachers in magnet at Conkwright that need to have someone put them in their place. The principal...I don't think he could find his ass if it got disconnected and we need to have him replaced. He has no idead what is going on until it is too late and he covers up alot of shit also. The band director...well, if you went to the Tolini Bistro then you already know who to thank for that...Mrs. Omohundro. With out her that would have went to hell quickly. I also would like to know who did the food for that night...if anyone knows...please let me know. Dress code is no different for traditional than it is for magnet. My daughter hates the dress code and I do also.
disagree

Lexington, KY

#19 Feb 26, 2009
Proud mom I agree - my son was in magnet and now it is different that Mr. Wright is there - my younger son is in the traditional and both programs are good the magnet and traditional. Yes there are several magnet teachers that need to be gone. Disagree with you on Mr. Wright though he is really trying and doing a good job. As for Ms. Omohundro she always goes above and beyond helping out - whether sports, bistro etc. Hats of to parents like Ms. Omohundro.
millie

Georgetown, KY

#21 Feb 27, 2009
conkwright is way better. i switched to mcnabb im not happy at all no one likes mcnabb i wuld don nething to go bak to conkwright. its like u no everyone there and u have so much u never wanna leave. i hope it dont become an elementary skool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min CriminalForever 152,050
Landlord named dennis 5 hr Just looking 6
Melanie The blond in winchester? (Jul '10) 5 hr freddie 6
Rent or rent to own 5 hr Just looking 1
Who is tabitha davis with 6 hr just sayin 3
Tree Fort (Jun '14) 6 hr _FLATLINE-------- 1,701
Alan Ware 7 hr fred 4

Winchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winchester Mortgages