Local businesses get busted for promo...

Local businesses get busted for promoting gambling

Posted in the Winchester Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
mad winchester resident

Winchester, KY

#1 Sep 28, 2008
I swear the government sucks. You know they busted all these mom and pop stores in Winchester and the only reason it is illegal is because the government isn't getting their cut. I wish they would quit wasting tax payers money on petty stuff like this and actually do something that betters the community.
Martimus Maximus

Nicholasville, KY

#2 Sep 28, 2008
Maybe you haven't heard this before:

If you break the law, you go to jail. No ifs, ands or buts.

If you're so incredibly mad (my guess is that you too were breaking the law by using those machines)why don't you do something about it? Run for State level office. The city of Winchester has NOTHING to do with it.
mad winchester resident

Winchester, KY

#3 Sep 28, 2008
Martimus Maximus wrote:
Maybe you haven't heard this before:
If you break the law, you go to jail. No ifs, ands or buts.
If you're so incredibly mad (my guess is that you too were breaking the law by using those machines)why don't you do something about it? Run for State level office. The city of Winchester has NOTHING to do with it.
Go to hell jerk. I am entitled to my opinion just the same as you are entitled to yours. I know it is against the law, but only because the government isn't getting their cut... you know it's true!!
Martimus Maximus

Nicholasville, KY

#4 Sep 28, 2008
Mighty testy, aren't you? No one here called you a name, although you're doing fairly well on your own.

I think I may have hit a nerve.

I bet you're into bootlegging liquor too. How about maybe child slavery? Prostitution?

Those are all against the law too.

Maybe once you're over your constipation (that means you can't poop) you'll feel better.

I guarantee you one thing: You've already shown your "good 'ol boy" colors. That doesn't fly anymore. Not even in Winchester. I KNOW you're not educated as you've proven that.

Next thing you'll want is a Speak Easy (illegal club)to patronize.
Inquiring minds

AOL

#5 Sep 28, 2008
mad winchester resident wrote:
I swear the government sucks. You know they busted all these mom and pop stores in Winchester and the only reason it is illegal is because the government isn't getting their cut. I wish they would quit wasting tax payers money on petty stuff like this and actually do something that betters the community.
What were they for? Have not heard anything about it.
Martimus Maximus

Nicholasville, KY

#6 Sep 28, 2008
For those of you who just tuned in...

A bunch of stores in Winchester...mainly tobacco stores and I think some kind of non-chain Dollar Store were raided by the State of Kentucky because they (the businesses) had ILLEGAL GAMBLING MACHINES in their properties.

The State had these stores under surveilance for quite some time.

Mad Winchester Resident appears upset because someone took his toys away!
meanmachine

Georgetown, KY

#7 Sep 28, 2008
I bet $5 he's mad at you!
mad winchester resident

Winchester, KY

#8 Sep 28, 2008
meanmachine wrote:
I bet $5 he's mad at you!
Actually, I never have played one of the machines. Might have if I had any luck of winning, but I don't have that kind of luck. Also, I am not a guy, I'm a female and mother and I am college educated. I only stated my opinion in the matter and everyone is entitled to theirs. I do not agree with bootlegging and things of that nature. I don't understand that just because I think differently then you, I'm some sort of outlaw.
mad winchester resident

Winchester, KY

#9 Sep 28, 2008
I meant that the last comment as a reply to Martimus Maximus.. Sorry
Martimus Maximus

Nicholasville, KY

#10 Sep 28, 2008
<quoted text>
Actually, I never have played one of the machines. Might have if I had any luck of winning, but I don't have that kind of luck. Also, I am not a guy, I'm a female and mother and I am college educated. I only stated my opinion in the matter and everyone is entitled to theirs. I do not agree with bootlegging and things of that nature. I don't understand that just because I think differently then you, I'm some sort of outlaw.
Who called you an outlaw? No one. I was teasing. Guess that part went over your head.

What pays for our roads? What pays for our emergency services? What pays for our military?

The answer would be TAXES. Those Winchester businesses that were stupid enough to try and "buck the system" deserve what they get. Stupid is as stupid does.

Why do they have a right to NOT contribute to the system, whether it be on a local, state or federal government level? Answer: THEY DON'T.

The news reports said that what they did was a Class "D" felony. We're NOT talking about jaywalking here. We're talking SERIOUS violations of the law.
mad winchester resident

Winchester, KY

#11 Sep 28, 2008
OK and taxes are suppose to pay for financial programs for children who wish to go to college and can not, but at the same time, college tuition is rising and federal grants are almost obsolete now. Like I said it is illegal, but I don't see all the harm in it. That's my opinion only. I think we have bigger issues going on right now that law enforcement should be spending time on. It's just like legalizing marijuana. There is all that talk about that. It appears before long it will pass as long as Uncle Sam is getting his money too. Uncle Sam the drug pimper. I didn't ask you to like my opinion, it's just the way I feel. So I guess if that's over my head, so be it!!!
Martimus Maximus

Nicholasville, KY

#12 Sep 28, 2008
OK and taxes are suppose to pay for financial programs for children who wish to go to college and can not, but at the same time, college tuition is rising and federal grants are almost obsolete now. Like I said it is illegal, but I don't see all the harm in it. That's my opinion only. I think we have bigger issues going on right now that law enforcement should be spending time on. It's just like legalizing marijuana. There is all that talk about that. It appears before long it will pass as long as Uncle Sam is getting his money too. Uncle Sam the drug pimper. I didn't ask you to like my opinion, it's just the way I feel. So I guess if that's over my head, so be it!!!
*wink*
Peace Maker

AOL

#13 Sep 28, 2008
This is what makes an interesting world..differences of opinion...we all have and are entitled to ours, you RESPECT mine and I will do likewise! I am not saying I am always right, but neither are YOU! Would it not be boring blogging if we all agreed? Have a Great Day!
crazy one

Winchester, KY

#14 Sep 28, 2008
Martimus Maximus wrote:
<quoted text>
Who called you an outlaw? No one. I was teasing. Guess that part went over your head.
What pays for our roads? What pays for our emergency services? What pays for our military?
The answer would be TAXES. Those Winchester businesses that were stupid enough to try and "buck the system" deserve what they get. Stupid is as stupid does.
Why do they have a right to NOT contribute to the system, whether it be on a local, state or federal government level? Answer: THEY DON'T.
The news reports said that what they did was a Class "D" felony. We're NOT talking about jaywalking here. We're talking SERIOUS violations of the law.
It is Obvious you are a ASS (democrat) LOL It seems to me there are bigger problems in Winchester to investigate than gambling. Like death retreats in our middle school. Selling drugs, killing your kid come on. We pay too much in taxes any way.
Martimus Maximus

Nicholasville, KY

#15 Sep 28, 2008
crazy one wrote:
<quoted text>
It is Obvious you are a ASS (democrat) LOL It seems to me there are bigger problems in Winchester to investigate than gambling. Like death retreats in our middle school. Selling drugs, killing your kid come on. We pay too much in taxes any way.
Listen Honey. MAY I call you Honey?*smirking*

You don't want to get into a written exchange of words with me. You'll lose and look very silly doing it.

Why drag politics into this? I'm not. Oh, by the way, I'm not going to call you any names. It seems as though all that education you received (I'm guessing a trade school)doesn't show well in your communication abilities. Do you teach YOUR children that it's okay to call people names? Never mind. I know the answer to that.

For your information, I am not a Democrat.

If you'd really like to discuss politics, then start a new thread and I'll jump right in. Be prepared to look even sillier than you do right now.

Regarding the stupid, felonious store owners in Winchester that thought they were above the law I'm only thinking one thing: Do they have gambling machines in prison because that's where they're headed. It might make them feel more like they're at home.
crazy one

Winchester, KY

#16 Sep 28, 2008
so your just an ASS. I would say I have more education that U

LOL
Martimus Maximus

Nicholasville, KY

#17 Sep 28, 2008
crazy one wrote:
so your just an ASS. I would say I have more education that U
LOL
I'm just guessing by your writing style and your spelling accumen that you truly realize, somewhere deep inside, that you're no match for me.

If you truly DO have an education past the 8th grade, then shame on the education system for letting you get this far.
Stupid store owner

AOL

#18 Sep 28, 2008
Martimus Maximus wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen Honey. MAY I call you Honey?*smirking*
You don't want to get into a written exchange of words with me. You'll lose and look very silly doing it.
Why drag politics into this? I'm not. Oh, by the way, I'm not going to call you any names. It seems as though all that education you received (I'm guessing a trade school)doesn't show well in your communication abilities. Do you teach YOUR children that it's okay to call people names? Never mind. I know the answer to that.
For your information, I am not a Democrat.
If you'd really like to discuss politics, then start a new thread and I'll jump right in. Be prepared to look even sillier than you do right now.
Regarding the stupid, felonious store owners in Winchester that thought they were above the law I'm only thinking one thing: Do they have gambling machines in prison because that's where they're headed. It might make them feel more like they're at home.
Talk about silly....you won the title!!
Congrats!!!!!!!!
crazy one

El Segundo, CA

#19 Sep 29, 2008
Stupid store owner wrote:
<quoted text> Talk about silly....you won the title!!
Congrats!!!!!!!!
The title of what?

ASS

He is just full of himself.
lookahere

United States

#20 Sep 29, 2008
yeah tell it like it is

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min usa 158,029
Arm wrestling 1 hr Stouts 10
Dallas Cowboys Suck 3 hr John Michael 7
Angela, angalina 4 hr Been done dirty_p... 1
<3 = Leaky Pooter (Mar '11) 16 hr iPal 6
tinsel in my poop (Dec '11) 16 hr polk 7
L.Arnold 16 hr Shane 4

Winchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance