remember bodies dumped at river

Posted in the Winchester Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
database

Winchester, KY

#1 Apr 12, 2012
Does anyone recall a few years back there was 2 Mexican men bodies dumped down at Boonesboro by the river? I think they found them in bags media said drug relates, what was month and year?
tacos

Winchester, KY

#2 Apr 12, 2012
onre of thr guys was nacho,former bootlegger up off cherry st.
Snickers

Bowling Green, KY

#3 Apr 12, 2012
Lexington Herald-Leader (KY)

January 28, 2006

It was a mystery from the start: On an April 2003 morning, fishermen found three bodies floating in the Kentucky River, riddled with bullets and wrapped in a tarp.

When finally located in Texas, the dead men's relatives had no idea what they were doing 1,500 miles away. State police found no witnesses.

But court records and police testimony show the culprits left a critical clue on the blood-stained, gravel river bank by the Ky. 627 bridge near the Clark-Madison county line: a cell phone.

In what one detective called a "kind of a shot in the dark," cell phone records led investigators to Lakewood, N.J., where they found Luis Alkabala. The Mexico native implicated four other men -- Arturo Leal, 48; Antonio Sanchez, 22; Audencio Alkabala, 39, and a man known only as "Guerro."

Three years of events culminated yesterday in an Alford plea from Leal on accusations he facilitated the murders of Juan Manuel Moreno, 29, of Fabens, Texas; Cruz Rincon Alarcon, 37, of San Elizario, Texas; and Manuel Armendariz, 49, of El Paso, Texas.

Leal is the third of three men arrested in the case to reach a plea agreement.

Through his public defender, Gene Lewter, Leal maintained his innocence, offering few answers in a nearly 3-year-old mystery that spans three states, 2,177 miles and two countries. But the Alford plea acknowledges that Luis Alkabala's statements that Leal acted as a lookout man is enough to convict him.

Authorities are still searching for the two alleged shooters: Sanchez and Guerro. State police say that Sanchez might have run to Mexico, but say there have been unconfirmed reports of him in Nashville and Clark County.

Audencio Alkabala pleaded guilty to tampering with evidence in October 2004 and was sentenced to a year in prison.

Prosecutors, who had originally sought an indictment on three murder charges against Leal, dismissed one count of tampering with evidence and recommended a sentence of five years for each facilitation count, to run concurrently. Judge Thomas Clark accepted the recommendation.

"Leal is far and away the least culpable of the bunch," Commonwealth's Attorney Ray Larson said.

After the hearing, Lewter said Leal claims to not know any of the three victims or his co-defendants.

The case against Leal rested mainly on the testimony of Luis Alkabala, who last week pleaded guilty to three conspiracy to murder charges and promised to testify in the trials of Leal and other suspects.

Kate Dunn, Luis Alkabala's public defender, says he was pressured into the plot.

The interviews have never been publicly released, but details of Luis Alkabala's statements came out in hearings in which Dunn unsuccessfully sought to throw out his interviews.

(Luis Alkabala testified that state troopers did not read him his Miranda rights until three hours into the interview. He also claims that officials threatened him with "lethal injection" and to have his sister's children taken away in Mexico.)

James Devasher, a former state police detective who investigated the case, testified in March that authorities were initially left with two leads: two phone numbers on the cell phone of Moreno, one of the victims, which was left at the river bank. One number led to a house in Lexington, in the 2100 block of Bryan Station Road, and another to a cell phone registered to a Julio Camacho in Richmond.

State police initially thought the Lexington house, which was then empty, was a bum lead. They later found burned clothes in the back yard and discovered that the three men had been killed in the basement.

Phone records showed that Camacho made a call to the phone of Ivan Garcia. Police later learned that Garcia and Camacho were both aliases for Antonio Sanchez, one of the alleged shooters.

“I WILL NEVER QUIT”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#5 Apr 13, 2012
I just a record of proof that actions were indeed in existence. People can try and hide all the data they think is incriminating to them but in the long run what was attemped to be hid in the first place was indeed documented before the person's thought process ever kicked into their heads. Records will bring to reality as to who has talked to who and in most cases such as this one what was said during those contacts as well. If the FBI does come here and I think that they will real soon then everyone can bet their asses that phone records are going to be yanked out on several individuals and then many things and people will be exposed to what they did infact knew all along and did withhold from authorities for a certain amount of time. We need the FBI a/s/a/p.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#6 Apr 13, 2012

January 28, 2006

THIRD SUSPECT ENTERS PLEA IN DRUG SLAYINGS continued....

Phone records also indicated that Sanchez had changed his address to Lakewood, N.J. Surveillance by local police found a car with a license plate from Clark County.

In September 2003, Devasher drove to the New Jersey home where Sanchez listed his billing address. Two men who answered the door said Sanchez -- whom they called "Pelon," Spanish slang for bald -- did not live there but was running prostitutes with Luis Alkabala.

Police tracked down Luis Alkabala's uncle Audencio and sister Ruby, who got Luis Alkabala to talk to police.

The three Texans were in a dispute with Sanchez over drug money, Devasher testified. He has said that Sanchez and Leal received 1,000 pounds of marijuana from the Texans the day before their deaths.

Luis Alkabala told investigators he was unwillingly sucked into the murder plot because he feared his sister would be forced into "the business" -- an apparent reference to prostitution.

When he pleaded guilty last week, he admitted to watching men lead the three Texans to their deaths downstairs and allowing his truck to be used to take the bodies to the river.

While the gunmen are not in custody, a prosecutor yesterday commended the state police investigation.

"For what they had to work with, they did a pretty good job," Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Cynthia Rieker said. "When all you have is three bodies and that's it. They ended up doing the best they had with what they had."

“I WILL NEVER QUIT”

Location hidden

#7 Apr 13, 2012
-Fearless- wrote:
January 28, 2006
THIRD SUSPECT ENTERS PLEA IN DRUG SLAYINGS continued....
Phone records also indicated that Sanchez had changed his address to Lakewood, N.J. Surveillance by local police found a car with a license plate from Clark County.
In September 2003, Devasher drove to the New Jersey home where Sanchez listed his billing address. Two men who answered the door said Sanchez -- whom they called "Pelon," Spanish slang for bald -- did not live there but was running prostitutes with Luis Alkabala.
Police tracked down Luis Alkabala's uncle Audencio and sister Ruby, who got Luis Alkabala to talk to police.
The three Texans were in a dispute with Sanchez over drug money, Devasher testified. He has said that Sanchez and Leal received 1,000 pounds of marijuana from the Texans the day before their deaths.
Luis Alkabala told investigators he was unwillingly sucked into the murder plot because he feared his sister would be forced into "the business" -- an apparent reference to prostitution.
When he pleaded guilty last week, he admitted to watching men lead the three Texans to their deaths downstairs and allowing his truck to be used to take the bodies to the river.
While the gunmen are not in custody, a prosecutor yesterday commended the state police investigation.
"For what they had to work with, they did a pretty good job," Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Cynthia Rieker said. "When all you have is three bodies and that's it. They ended up doing the best they had with what they had."
The last thee sentences in your documented account are very interesting to me. It's very true that the police can only work with truly what they have knowledge of. That was in that case. This case. Yes there are three victims and information is and has came in concerning this crime. The names are interesting in the document you posted here. Especially the Leal. Remember that last name was posted on the triple smartass thread. Felipe Leal. Check it out. I know it is there. It's even on that thread that many people in Mexico that are named Felipe are indeed called Felix here in the States. I'm not going to sway too far into other scenarios but I am going to keep an open mind and my memory intact as long as possible. Thanks for the postings.

“I WILL NEVER QUIT”

Location hidden

#8 Apr 13, 2012
typo: three not thee

Location hidden

#9 Apr 13, 2012
There are 4 people with that last name living in Winchester. This would not be a new scenario but an expansion of the original one.
database

United States

#10 Apr 13, 2012
Snickers wrote:

January 28, 2006

It was a mystery from the start: On an April 2003 morning, fishermen found three bodies floating in the Kentucky River, riddled with bullets and wrapped in a tarp.

When finally located in Texas, the dead men's relatives had no idea what they were doing 1,500 miles away. State police found no witnesses.

But court records and police testimony show the culprits left a critical clue on the blood-stained, gravel river bank by the Ky. 627 bridge near the Clark-Madison county line: a cell phone.

In what one detective called a "kind of a shot in the dark," cell phone records led investigators to Lakewood, N.J., where they found Luis Alkabala. The Mexico native implicated four other men -- Arturo Leal, 48; Antonio Sanchez, 22; Audencio Alkabala, 39, and a man known only as "Guerro."

Three years of events culminated yesterday in an Alford plea from Leal on accusations he facilitated the murders of Juan Manuel Moreno, 29, of Fabens, Texas; Cruz Rincon Alarcon, 37, of San Elizario, Texas; and Manuel Armendariz, 49, of El Paso, Texas.

Leal is the third of three men arrested in the case to reach a plea agreement.

Through his public defender, Gene Lewter, Leal maintained his innocence, offering few answers in a nearly 3-year-old mystery that spans three states, 2,177 miles and two countries. But the Alford plea acknowledges that Luis Alkabala's statements that Leal acted as a lookout man is enough to convict him.

Authorities are still searching for the two alleged shooters: Sanchez and Guerro. State police say that Sanchez might have run to Mexico, but say there have been unconfirmed reports of him in Nashville and Clark County.

Audencio Alkabala pleaded guilty to tampering with evidence in October 2004 and was sentenced to a year in prison.

Prosecutors, who had originally sought an indictment on three murder charges against Leal, dismissed one count of tampering with evidence and recommended a sentence of five years for each facilitation count, to run concurrently. Judge Thomas Clark accepted the recommendation.

"Leal is far and away the least culpable of the bunch," Commonwealth's Attorney Ray Larson said.

After the hearing, Lewter said Leal claims to not know any of the three victims or his co-defendants.

The case against Leal rested mainly on the testimony of Luis Alkabala, who last week pleaded guilty to three conspiracy to murder charges and promised to testify in the trials of Leal and other suspects.

Kate Dunn, Luis Alkabala's public defender, says he was pressured into the plot.

The interviews have never been publicly released, but details of Luis Alkabala's statements came out in hearings in which Dunn unsuccessfully sought to throw out his interviews.

(Luis Alkabala testified that state troopers did not read him his Miranda rights until three hours into the interview. He also claims that officials threatened him with "lethal injection" and to have his sister's children taken away in Mexico.)

James Devasher, a former state police detective who investigated the case, testified in March that authorities were initially left with two leads: two phone numbers on the cell phone of Moreno, one of the victims, which was left at the river bank. One number led to a house in Lexington, in the 2100 block of Bryan Station Road, and another to a cell phone registered to a Julio Camacho in Richmond.

State police initially thought the Lexington house, which was then empty, was a bum lead. They later found burned clothes in the back yard and discovered that the three men had been killed in the basement.

Phone records showed that Camacho made a call to the phone of Ivan Garcia. Police later learned that Garcia and Camacho were both aliases for Antonio Sanchez, one of the alleged shooters.
Thanks I was trying to remember when that happened.
Wasson

Versailles, KY

#11 Apr 13, 2012
Here we go again. This was several years before the crackheads got killed on Pineknot and these men are in prison, so quit throwing their names out there. You two will blame anyone to get the heat away from your asses wont you?

Location hidden

#13 Apr 13, 2012
Wasson wrote:
Here we go again. This was several years before the crackheads got killed on Pineknot and these men are in prison, so quit throwing their names out there. You two will blame anyone to get the heat away from your asses wont you?
You have to be the most ignorant person on here Allen Gibson!
William Jack Roberts

Winchester, KY

#14 Apr 13, 2012
-Fearless- wrote:
<quoted text>You have to be the most ignorant person on here Allen Gibson!
I have to take a break before I blow a major gasket and end up in the hospital or in prison. I'll be back later.
Wasson

Versailles, KY

#16 Apr 16, 2012
William Jack Roberts, hell blow a gasket and die already, we dont care about you or those fcking idiots that died out on Pine Ridge. How many times have you said im leaving, goodbye and your fcking stupid ass keeeps coming back? Just go the fck away and dont ever look back you bastard! Go join your dead son in in the ground.
DEVIL

United States

#17 Apr 16, 2012
You will be right next to WjR burning in my fiery pit of inhumane pain and suffering Wasson! You are as evil as anyone and need to be dealt with the way I deal with sinners and fools like you. Come home my son, come home to daddy!
hey

Washington, DC

#18 Apr 16, 2012
Devil, Aren't you embarrassed to get on here and act so stupid. YOU know who you are. PITIFUL loser!
Miss Font

Winchester, KY

#19 Apr 16, 2012
Are people born wicked -- or is wickedness thrust upon them?
Wasson

Versailles, KY

#20 Apr 17, 2012
If I go to hell you better find another place to go because i will be taking over once i get there. Im sure there are far worse sinners than me and foolish, dont think so, just truthful.
WJR

Winchester, KY

#21 Apr 17, 2012
Wasson wrote:
William Jack Roberts, hell blow a gasket and die already, we dont care about you or those fcking idiots that died out on Pine Ridge. How many times have you said im leaving, goodbye and your fcking stupid ass keeeps coming back? Just go the fck away and dont ever look back you bastard! Go join your dead son in in the ground.
Someday soon I will find you and I will bury your stinking ass like someone should have done to you at birth. Actually your parents should have been murdered for producing your worthless ass. Someday we will meet and you will not enjoy one second of it. I know this is true with everything in my heart and mind. Your ass is mine and you can bet on that.
William Jack Roberts

Winchester, KY

#22 Apr 17, 2012
Miss Font wrote:
Are people born wicked -- or is wickedness thrust upon them?
Some people are born wicked. Some people became wicked from the type of childhood they had. Some people just think or act as if they were wicked to put on a show knowing they are truly cowards for real. Wasson is a total idiot and a coward. Nothing about wasson is wicked. The devil on here is a punk just as wasson is one also. The real devil will have a field day with these two or one in the same person[s]. True wickedness is what I will do to wasson the day I find this cowardly inconsiderate bastard. That day will be the day that the majority of Winchester's population will accept as justified even if they have to say it only in their minds.
William Jack Roberts

Winchester, KY

#23 Apr 17, 2012
Wasson wrote:
If I go to hell you better find another place to go because i will be taking over once i get there. Im sure there are far worse sinners than me and foolish, dont think so, just truthful.
Your soul will go to hell but your body will be fed to the hogs therefore benefiting awareness that pork sausage is truly bad for a persons heart. Maybe we could broadcast the feeding of the hogs to the public and tell the public exactly what we fed them then I assure you and everyone else would never buy any parts of a hog from anywhere in the city of Winchester Ky. if not world wide. The only thing I see that might interfere with this plan for you is that the hogs may not eat your stinking ass. That would be the population's luck that an animal that is known to devour anything it is fed would ptobably would not eat your ignorant ass. Therefore we go back to my first suggestion concerning you ass buzzard bait and let you lay where you die or get killed at and the buzzards will inded eat your worthless ass. I think everyone that hates your guts should really and truly start calling you buzzard bait by name. SO, see you later BUZZARD BAIT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 21 min Get Real 169,941
Washington st shoot out 36 min karma 256
ANy dentist in wincheter that offer a payment p... (Aug '09) 1 hr try this 14
Dental Help 1 hr try this 3
Bald men are so ugly! (Sep '10) 1 hr Ewwwww 226
females sell their socks 7 hr srankonya 2
Tyler Fugate 9 hr Cover up 3

Winchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winchester Mortgages