People with tattoos have low self esteem

Posted in the Winchester Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
my opinion

Winchester, KY

#1 Jun 7, 2011
I think people with tattoos have low self esteem. They don't want people to look at them, they want people to look at their tattoos.

If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see, don't cover it with ink, fix it.

Since: Mar 11

Winchester, KY

#2 Jun 7, 2011
my opinion wrote:
I think people with tattoos have low self esteem. They don't want people to look at them, they want people to look at their tattoos.

If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see, don't cover it with ink, fix it.
"The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and content with your knowledge."
-Elbert Hubbard
Princess

United States

#3 Jun 7, 2011
Totally silly. I have a tattoo and Noone sees it but me. People do it for their selves or a memory. Low self esteem is a sorry idea.
ddd

United States

#4 Jun 8, 2011
I have several tattoos I don't have low self esteem I was just very young when I got them, would I get them now? Probably not, but that's just who I am now, ppl change & grow up, nothing to do with self esteem at all.
Right

Lexington, KY

#5 Jun 8, 2011
I'd like to see a broader study done than what the University did. It's interesting because of the people I know who have 2 or more tattoos, they definitely have always had low self esteem and are prone to depression. The 4 reasons given in the study for inking are rebellion, group membership, strong emotional attachment, and aesthetics - which makes sense when you think that rebellious people, followers (groups/gangs), overly emotionally invested people and vain ones don't have very high self esteem.
Meghan

United States

#6 Jun 8, 2011
I have 2 tattoos, both on my back, and I have extremely high self esteem. It had nothing to do with ink. I think whom ever started this is upset because they can't get one, due to whatever reason.
Youre stupid

Winchester, KY

#7 Jun 8, 2011
Tattoos are nothing but art, and symbols of parts of one's life that have meaning. All of my tattoos have a meaning or have to do with very important things in my life. I don't give a shit who looks at them, or me. I get tattoos for me, not other people.
not stupid

Winchester, KY

#8 Jun 8, 2011
never thought of it that way, but i agree with the 1st guy. people who put permanent paint on their body cant think much of what God gave em. they cover it up.

or their some wanna be tough guy thinking tats make him look like a bad ass. youve been called out.
Youre stupid

Toledo, OH

#10 Jun 8, 2011
Also. It's not paint. It's ink. Dipshit. And it's just skin. People cover their bodies with clothes. Maybe I should just run around naked. After all, it's what "god" gave me isn't it? And I shouldn't be ashamed of it.
Meghan

United States

#11 Jun 9, 2011
not stupid wrote:
never thought of it that way, but i agree with the 1st guy. people who put permanent paint on their body cant think much of what God gave em. they cover it up.
or their some wanna be tough guy thinking tats make him look like a bad ass. youve been called out.
Ok you decorate your house right, same thing with you're body. Ps its my body if it bothers you so much don't look.
Funny

Winchester, KY

#12 Jun 9, 2011
Whom ever started this topic has a shallow mind. I have tattoos. They are beautiful works of art on my skin...and guess what...I have HIGH self esteem. I am a very good looking and intelligent person. (with a master's degree) Soooooooo, in my opinion, you are stereo-typing people.
Right

Lexington, KY

#13 Jun 9, 2011
Meghan wrote:
I have 2 tattoos, both on my back, and I have extremely high self esteem. It had nothing to do with ink. I think whom ever started this is upset because they can't get one, due to whatever reason.
Ok, now, that's funny. I can get a million and don't have one. Not getting a tattoo isn't really "upsetting" to many people lol. What would be a more interesting study might be in the economics and priority of it - ink is expensive. How many people don't pay for their own housing, food or medical care but can pay for tattoos?
nickell

Mount Sterling, KY

#14 Jun 9, 2011
The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people don't care that you don't have tattoos
Silly

Pflugerville, TX

#15 Jun 9, 2011
I have two...and I forget about having them until someone mentions them....so it is not a self esteem thing for me...
jeff

Lebanon, KY

#16 Jun 9, 2011
I have a full sleeve and I am and always have been f*cking awesome.

On the other hand, people who get on a web site and anonymously try to run a group of people they don't know down? That sounds like much more of a self-esteem issue to me.
Revival

United States

#17 Jun 9, 2011
My tattoo is a memorial for my father. I plan out more tattoos that I'd like to get in the future and they each have meaning. I like how I look, I like the art of tattoos and tattoing, its a personal preference.
I respect that you don't agree with it, but surely you must have a better reason than to nit pick at peoples' self esteem?
I do agree that it is irresponsible to spend your money on ink over your cost of living.
It'd be nice if you would not generalize people into a group with such a negative connotation, thank you.
lolol

United States

#18 Jun 9, 2011
I have a sailboat tatted on my junk and when I get an erection it turns into a battleship
no tats

Winchester, KY

#19 Jun 9, 2011
Tattoos in many ways define people. If you have tatoos, you probably aren't educated. You don't make a lot of money. There is a good chance that you have or will be spending time in jail. Another interesting twist is that if you aren't in those categories and you still have tattoos, then you are trying to make the people around you think that you are a rebel, when really, you're just a typical law-abiding citizen trying to pretend like you're something you aren't.

Tattoos really just show that you aren't comfortable in your own skin.
Maybe Its Maybelline

Richmond, KY

#20 Jun 9, 2011
That is by far the dumbest thing I have ever heard...maybe YOU have tattoos because YOU have low self-esteem but not everyone. I have them and they are hidden but I got them for sentimental reasons and they mean alot to me. It has nothing to do with me being all down on myself or anything even remotely close to that. There is nothing wrong with them as long as you don't over do it...nothing wrong with a little ink but I think too many are tacky.
Princess

United States

#21 Jun 9, 2011
no tats wrote:
Tattoos in many ways define people. If you have tatoos, you probably aren't educated. You don't make a lot of money. There is a good chance that you have or will be spending time in jail. Another interesting twist is that if you aren't in those categories and you still have tattoos, then you are trying to make the people around you think that you are a rebel, when really, you're just a typical law-abiding citizen trying to pretend like you're something you aren't.
Tattoos really just show that you aren't
comfortable in your own skin.
Your stupid. I have a tattoo. I am well educated. Have plenty of money. Never been in jail. I'm not trying to prove shit. I got it for me and me alone. And I think I'm hot shit so I'm definitely comfortable in my skin. Sounds like your bitter ass is the one uncomfortable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel villa 36 min Anonymous 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Moe Larry Curly 156,579
Sara M. 9 hr highschoolfriend 2
Nice D!ck 10 hr jeebs 28
Jesse Jarman or Jason Mullins 18 hr hahahaha 1
Tonya Jarmen (Sep '15) 18 hr hahahaha 25
Tina Powell, Lafonda Fay Foster, Elizabeth Turp... (Apr '11) 19 hr D_Lewispewee_valley 73

Winchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winchester Mortgages