I dont love my parents! Am I a terri...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JME

Belfast, UK

#21 Aug 2, 2010
Of couese you can not ''love'' your parents. You can easily be a good person and have nothing to do with your parents. People berate, abuse and manipulate their children for years and expect them as adults just to '' love '' them. Nah, fuck that. I say if your parents mistreated you and you still love them, you are CRAZY!
Alex

Lexington, KY

#22 Aug 2, 2010
Nope. Dont think so. Ahhhhh thank you.
Same way

Rochester, MN

#23 Mar 30, 2011
No, you're not a terrible person. And for all the parents on here yelling at this kid to get over it, SHUT THE F*** UP. My parents LITERALLY call me a worthless loser every day of my life. I'm never good enough for them, even though i always get a's and b's. They told me that i need to get a high-paying job to pay for their retirement, which they've only saved like 10 grand for. JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE GENETICALLY SIMILAR TO SOMEONE, DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO LOVE THEM.
save yourself

Clarksville, TN

#24 Mar 30, 2011
For Same Way: Forget paying for their retirement. Sounds like you're a good student with a good sense of self. You are not worthless...they are IDIOTS. Get your diploma, get out, and don't look back. Sometimes you have to save YOURSELF and if that means cutting toxic people out of your life, then so be it. Good luck.
My Advice

Winchester, KY

#25 Mar 31, 2011
grow the hell up and quit being a self centered little puss.
Sad for the familys

Macon, GA

#26 Mar 31, 2011
Things always seem to unvale over ours years of growing up ! Always love ure parents !!!! but you hate there ways, never like anything they've done over the years of you growing up ! BUT ALWAYS LOVE THEM ,YOU CAN PRAY FOR THEM AND HOPE THINGS GET BETTER OVER THE YRS. Best of luck to you ! just keep reminding yourself your gonna have a family one day, would you want to hear that from your kids? lots of luck ! just pray, it does'nt happen to you ....GOD BLESS.
Never a problem

United States

#27 Mar 31, 2011
It is possible to hate their ways, lifestyle, etc. Without hating them. There is also nothing wrong with distancing yourself from them, to lead your own life. I don't know what your spiritual beliefs are and I'm not trying to preach to you, but I don't think reading your Bible (particulary Proverbs) and praying about it would hurt.
D Handle

Truro, Canada

#28 Aug 16, 2011
I have never loved my parents. They adopted me when I was very young but I never liked to be touched by them and I never felt anything towards them. After I graduated high school I left them and haven't spoken to them in years.
selfish

Lebanon, KY

#29 Aug 16, 2011
D Handle wrote:
I have never loved my parents. They adopted me when I was very young but I never liked to be touched by them and I never felt anything towards them. After I graduated high school I left them and haven't spoken to them in years.
Sounds to me like a bunch of selfish self centered people here that need professional help. Bet you would love the money that they could possibly leave you. Sad, that selfish kids only love parents for what they can do for them or how much money they are handing out.. Grow up and be thankful someone cared enough to adopt you. If it is an abuse case then please forgive me..
D Handle

Truro, Canada

#30 Aug 16, 2011
selfish wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like a bunch of selfish self centered people here that need professional help. Bet you would love the money that they could possibly leave you. Sad, that selfish kids only love parents for what they can do for them or how much money they are handing out.. Grow up and be thankful someone cared enough to adopt you. If it is an abuse case then please forgive me..
I have never wanted their money or support and I refuse when offered. I do have a mental disorder but my parents don't believe it because they can't understand it.
D Handle

Truro, Canada

#31 Aug 16, 2011
In the foster home before I was adopted I was abused and neglected which probably didn't help.
well

Winchester, KY

#32 Aug 16, 2011
Not everyone is lovable. It happens.
a daughter

Johnstown, PA

#33 Oct 1, 2011
It doesn't mean that you are a horrible person. you can't be made to love someone, and you shouldn't, especially if it is going to make you hurt worse in the future. Being a parent doesn't necessarily give you the right to take advantage of you child is you give them nothing in return besides a place to live. If a parent doesn't do things that make you care about them, or act in a way that you find endearing, there is no reason to love them. Love is earned.

RichieRoxi2

Since: Nov 09

Orlando, FL

#34 Oct 1, 2011
No!!!! I HATE my father. He is cruel and he either has Antisocial Personality Disorder or Narcissistic Personality disorder!!!! He has absolutely NO empathy or Compassion for other human beings!!!!!
Selena

Fond Du Lac, WI

#35 Sep 2, 2012
I know exactly how you feel. I feel as if I do not love my 'Mother'. We are complete opposites and have different morals. It's like this with my whole family, actually. I don't enjoy my time when I am around her. Whenever she says "I love you" or can I have a hug, I freeze. I don't know what to say or do because I do not love her. It makes me guilty. Sometimes I fantasize about her death and the feeling of relief. I know it's bad.

I feel like I have no one to talk to about it. I can only tell one person. She happens to be a former teacher of mine but I think of her as my real mother. We have the same interests and we look exactly alike. It's crazy how much we are alike. I talk to her about this because she basically went through the same thing.. I feel like I am writing a story. Sorry! I guess I am in the same place as you are. I guess it's not horrible to not love your mom. Love has to be earned. Just like trust and respect. Sometimes people are just not compatible with each other. I will never be able to love my mother. It makes me feel guilty because I know she loves me. I hate lieing. Every time she says I love you I have to lie to protect her feelings. 5 more years and I'll be okay. I'll be out of the house and 857 miles away from her. Harsh, yes. But true.

Sorry for this incredibly long comment!
so young
#36 Sep 2, 2012
Selena, if it's "only 5 more years" until you can move "857 miles away", are you a 13 year old who has her college picked out?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 21 min Wisdom of Ages 173,009
Johanna rice land lord (Jun '16) 56 min stevie jr 18
millie rose campbell 11 hr spoungeboxtightpants 2
Backyard Sun Box 17 hr Dickle 2
Winchester public works tire theft 17 hr stevie jr 6
tinsel in my poop (Dec '11) Sat Own8 8
Niesha (Aug '16) Sat Don Tist 24

Winchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Winchester Mortgages