I dont love my parents! Am I a terrible person?

Posted in the Winchester Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of36
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Good Son

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 11, 2009
 
what do you think?
huh

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 11, 2009
 
I don't know but I'm curious. What are you basing that on?
The Good Son

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 11, 2009
 

Judged:

1

my feelings. i do have reasons but no monumental act of abuse or anything like that.
huh

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 11, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I think there are reasons that would warrant that. I think a lot of the young children today are going to feel angry and betrayed when they grow up and realize they got absolutely nothing from their parents due to drugs and alcohol. right now it might be cool to party with your parents, and mom having different men there every night might not bother you. But when these children are total losers because their parents were lazy and selfish, they will be resentful and wonder why they didn't MAKE them go to school, get off drugs, etc.
Parent

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 11, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

1

huh wrote:
I think there are reasons that would warrant that. I think a lot of the young children today are going to feel angry and betrayed when they grow up and realize they got absolutely nothing from their parents due to drugs and alcohol. right now it might be cool to party with your parents, and mom having different men there every night might not bother you. But when these children are total losers because their parents were lazy and selfish, they will be resentful and wonder why they didn't MAKE them go to school, get off drugs, etc.
Well one thing is very clear to me ... Children DO NOT come with a handbook , So most parents do the best they can .And that sometimes is ALL we can do . I do not recall anywhere on this topix or forum (young person) saying anything about alcohol or Drugs or partying. Only that they did not love their parents,IMO in a few years when they have to look down at their mother/father in their casket Only then will they realize that they (did) in fact love their parents after all.
family

Bedminster, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 11, 2009
 
well here is what i do if u really fell that away r u under 18 and if so do u have any older siblings u could talk to about this
manniel

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 11, 2009
 

Judged:

1

yeah u are
chizel

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 11, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Man, if you aren't abused or neglected by your parents then the best thing you could do is tell them how you feel. There are times I hate people and other times I don't. Emotions, especially in your younger years, change like the tide. Get in touch with your feelings and share these feelings withsomeone that may understand how you feel.

“Tiki God Excelsior”

Since: Sep 09

Red River Gorge

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 11, 2009
 
chizel wrote:
Man, if you aren't abused or neglected by your parents then the best thing you could do is tell them how you feel. There are times I hate people and other times I don't. Emotions, especially in your younger years, change like the tide. Get in touch with your feelings and share these feelings withsomeone that may understand how you feel.
Facts are this: Your Mom and Dad are the only people in the world that actually care about you, as soon as you walk out your door every mornig or night, nothing but a scam, someone trying to swindle you, hell, wake up and smell the freaking coffee, I bet the menendez brothers wish they could smell the coffee!!!!!!!
Talk to Them

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 11, 2009
 
I used not be close to my parents. My mom married a man that was my dad and always hung out with his family. I never thought I belonged because I was not his child. After I got older it all changed. My mom never knew I felt this way until I told her when I was older. If you have trouble talking try writing a letter. Believe me when there gone you are alone!!!!
chizel wrote:
Man, if you aren't abused or neglected by your parents then the best thing you could do is tell them how you feel. There are times I hate people and other times I don't. Emotions, especially in your younger years, change like the tide. Get in touch with your feelings and share these feelings withsomeone that may understand how you feel.
u should be ashamed

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 14, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

The Good Son wrote:
my feelings. i do have reasons but no monumental act of abuse or anything like that.
Some day when u grow up u will look back & c how self-centered u r. So many children would love to have a parent to love. Grow up, kid & get a life.
concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 20, 2009
 
Taildragger wrote:
<quoted text> Facts are this: Your Mom and Dad are the only people in the world that actually care about you, as soon as you walk out your door every mornig or night, nothing but a scam, someone trying to swindle you, hell, wake up and smell the freaking coffee, I bet the menendez brothers wish they could smell the coffee!!!!!!!
In most cases, yes that is so true what you say. But in certain cases, like mine, sometimes the parents don't care at all. I am over 50 and struggled for years with the fact mine did not care. I was told that to my face when I was 20. There are some good parents out there too.But i mostly agree with you. Most parents do care.
Trucking is my life

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 22, 2009
 
thats not very good demarming on what kind of child hood you have interpurted would be a reason of this unless on the other hand your are a odolsent teen
Maternal Instinct

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 22, 2009
 

Judged:

1

I'm a believer that some moms do not have that maternal instinct. It can't be taught. Either you have it or not. Thankfully, most moms do care and know how to love and nurture. With that said, I hope you don't allow their downfalls to affect who you are and your worth.
Voice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 13, 2009
 
No you're not. Sometimes parents and children have irreconcilable differences. Depending on your situation you may truly hate your parents for things they have done to you or you may be going through a phase. You don't HAVE to love your parents. If you have family that beats your or hurts you they don't love you. If they did they would try to stop it. In a case such as that I would say hating your parents is only LOGICAL and SANE. Now if you hate your parents because say, you just disagree about the little things and they wouldn't buy you something etc. Then you may need to reevaluate what hate means to you because people can do a lot worse things to you.
Moviefan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 13, 2009
 
I hope my son can say he loves his dad and I, regardless of our many flaws.
well

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 15, 2009
 
Parent wrote:
<quoted text> Well one thing is very clear to me ... Children DO NOT come with a handbook , So most parents do the best they can .And that sometimes is ALL we can do . I do not recall anywhere on this topix or forum (young person) saying anything about alcohol or Drugs or partying. Only that they did not love their parents,IMO in a few years when they have to look down at their mother/father in their casket Only then will they realize that they (did) in fact love their parents after all.
Not in this thread, no, but on many others there are people who I know are parents and they are so bad at it that it's pitiful. They're on here talking about drugs and drinking, they're selling plasma, they're selling pain pills, they're drunk day and night and much more concerned about themselves than their kids. It would be hard to respect or love parents who have no respect for themselves. These parents usually go overboard on being lenient to the point of including their kids in the drugs and stuff so they appear "cool" or "friends" with their kids and what they don't realize is that those kids are ashamed of them.
Parent

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 26, 2009
 
Icannot believe a child can stand up and say they dont love thier parents. I would not takeaanything for the time i had with my parents. They are deceased now but i wish they were still here if they were in good health,. They both suffered alot before they passed and i miss them so much every day, so when you say you dont love them just remember they willl not be here.forever I have no regreats about my parents i loved them and i know they loved everyone of thier kids grandkids and great grandkids, so enjoy and love them while you can

Since: Nov 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 13, 2009
 
No you can be a good person and not love your parents.
someone else

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 27, 2009
 

Judged:

3

1

I am not a child, in fact I am a mother and I too feel nothing for my parents. I to this day fantasize about my mothers death and the feeling of relief. Maybe there is something wrong with me and the person that posted this, but I do not believe in unconditional love, you are born loving your parents unconditionally, its their job to make sure you continue to do so..... and that's what I think...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of36
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Winchester Forum right now

Search the Winchester Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 37 min Are we back to this 128,012
Tree Fort 1 hr Tehee Candor 626
KY Lab Rescue, Inc. (Jan '11) 1 hr Waggie 62
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Le Jimbo 144,934
Sterling Stanfield 4 hr Been found 2
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 5 hr LMS 26,173
Anyone know where Brian Crowe is? (May '12) 8 hr hard head 16
•••
•••
•••
Winchester Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Winchester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Winchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Winchester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Winchester
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••