once again

Richmond, KY

#22 Nov 13, 2012
nothing you can do its already been approved thru the city about 2-3 years ago 701% increase with in 4-5 years so it isnt over yet no other water alternatives for us that live in the WMU district.
Noprob

Tucker, GA

#23 Nov 14, 2012
$70 live alone and use a lot of water

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#24 Nov 14, 2012
$50-$60 Live alone with 2 dogs and use water every day,plus do about 10 loads of washing a month.
mommyof2

Versailles, KY

#25 Nov 14, 2012
Ours run between $60-$75 a month. And that includes our trash pick-up 2x a week. 2 adults 2 children. Normal household water usage with laundry, baths, cooking and dishes (no dishwasher). No water spout outside at all, so no pool or watering the lawn or anything.
hmmm

Louisville, KY

#26 Nov 14, 2012
mommyof2 wrote:
Ours run between $60-$75 a month. And that includes our trash pick-up 2x a week. 2 adults 2 children. Normal household water usage with laundry, baths, cooking and dishes (no dishwasher). No water spout outside at all, so no pool or watering the lawn or anything.
this one sounds pretty normal for 4 people
Highway robbery

Winchester, KY

#27 Nov 14, 2012
$85-95 per month. Two adults and two cats. It must be the cats using all the water because we take quick showers - we know the meter is running - and we don't have that much laundry. It's absolutely ridiculous to pay this much. My brother lives in Bourbon County and his bill is half that and there are 5 people at his home.
upset

Winchester, KY

#28 Nov 14, 2012
I would rather them just pick up my trash once a week if it would save money. My water is more than my electric!!
Lower our bill

Winchester, KY

#29 Nov 15, 2012
$90 two senior citizens... soon to be two stinky senior citizens.....can't afford the water bill.
liquidgold

Richmond, KY

#30 Nov 15, 2012
Before all this nonsense started,it was around $25-28.now it is around $50.This is using as little water/sewage as possible for 2 adults.The phases of increase for everyone are still climbing.
High Maintenance

United States

#31 Nov 19, 2012
$140 for 2 adults and a teen. We do have laundry and showers, but good Lord it's higher than our cell phone bill! WMU is in need of regulation--yesterday!
upset

Winchester, KY

#32 Nov 19, 2012
Everyone needs to protest outside of wmu
lol

Lexington, KY

#33 Nov 19, 2012
High Maintenance wrote:
$140 for 2 adults and a teen. We do have laundry and showers, but good Lord it's higher than our cell phone bill! WMU is in need of regulation--yesterday!
Cut your water and cell off and see which one you miss more.
Winchester citizen

Lexington, KY

#34 Nov 27, 2012
People, the water rates are being increased due to the update of the sewage systems and building a pump station and new sewage plant. They city had a meeting at the High School about 3 years ago and said the sewage rates would increase, They said they didnt need the new sewage plant but it made better sense to them to build it rather than use the one on vanmeter that isn't running near its capacity. Thats about 24 million out,, plus they bought land with intentions on pumping the water down the creek then oops they couldnt do that so they bore a hole from the site to the KY river, this mistake cost alot as well. WMU and the Mayor and commsioners have failed to keep the system up as they have stated and that their own policy book online states that they have failed.

Since: Dec 12

Versailles, KY

#35 Dec 6, 2012
2 adults, 2 children $100
WMU SUCKS

Louisville, KY

#36 Dec 6, 2012
One reason is because the city is still paying the guy that was making 80 per hour and who the city paid a huge severance package. The city is paying him around 50k a year for consulting.
fukwmu
#37 Dec 7, 2012
2 adults 3kids 143 this time,! Just water pay trash seperatly n hav septic tank! Wtf?
Information

Lexington, KY

#38 Dec 20, 2012
The guy that got 80 hr Vernon A is also working for lexington
jb

Winchester, KY

#39 Dec 20, 2012
My usually runs 160, thus month was 101... 2 adults and 2 kids
john wayne

Winchester, KY

#40 Dec 20, 2012
one old guy here i shower every day an wash my cloths its 80 to 90 per month an it sucks just like wmu!!!!!
fed up

Demotte, IN

#41 Dec 23, 2012
I'm fed up with wmu ,i have me and my husband no pets, no kids, but do live on a fixed income our bill this month $247.54 that's bull****,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr IND 151,934
My fajitas aint no good yo 4 hr Plad Tad 1
Kala moss 4 hr Greggera 6
Ready for high school football 6 hr Candid Truth 25
Why do black men like white girls? 7 hr Dlow 11
Landlord named dennis 9 hr LearnRespect 5
Nude pics of tabitha Davis just send info 11 hr curious 8

Winchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance