Comments
41 - 60 of 131 Comments Last updated Wednesday Jul 30
Hillbilly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Feb 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hey Simon!Take your turncoat a** back to the British
squatter

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Feb 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Simon, they will not admit to the truth even if it's put in front of them
Hillbilly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Feb 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Back in your early days Simon you used to guide the army and shoot at the Shawnee.
red bone history

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Feb 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Jakey wrote:
White people have actually came along way here lately I mean Obama didn't get elected by black people alone !!
Jakey is my real name!
And I'm not reading anything u post because frankly I've read as much on native Americans as I feel like reading and I respect all cultures, races, and religions.
The USA is a melting pot
Has been since it started native Americans were the first race soaked up! alot of the blue eyed devils that u speak of probably have Indian ancestry in their blood line and African blood as well. No one born in the USA in the past 100 years is 100% white, black or Indian.
Hell Kentucky is known for having Melungeon people! Just as louisiana is known for it's red bone people and Cajans put that in your peace pipe n smoke it!!!! Oooo n that's another reason why the Indians lost their land they were to high to fight from smokin on that peace pipe!!! Haha
For someone in Kentucky to know about redbones you must like genealogy a lot. I haven't never heard of anyone else knowing who these elusive folks where. I think they are kin to the melungeons. Again another groupd of elusive folks that most in this area are not familiar with.
I don't agree with you putting people down. I also don't agree about the "purity" of the races. SOme families really are all "white", "black", "asian", "mexican" or whatever. But most do have a variety of races in thier background. Nothing to be ashamed of either way. The way I look at it we are all Americans regardless of our background. Our ancestors were looking for something they couldn't find so they came to America to try and find it.
Simon Girty

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Feb 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Hillbilly wrote:
Hey Simon!Take your turncoat a** back to the British
You're thinking about Daniel Boone. He was very loyal to the British. Even got court martialed by Kentucky's militia.

But really, native Americans have more right to this land than any paleface on it today.

"Kentuckians were a fallen people living atop an older Indian civilization over which they had made little improvement." ~Irishman Thomas Ashe
Simon Girty

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Feb 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Did you know that Daniel Boone was court martialed for being Pro-British ? Did you know that Daniel Boone pledged his allegience to the Crown ? Seems like these foreign immigrants of Daniel Boone's just came in, had some anchor babies, took care of the land, raise some Indian corn, and thought that was good enough for a land deed. Some nerve ! Why don't Daniel Boone's people just go back to where they came from ?
Simon Girty

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Feb 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Hillbilly wrote:
Back in your early days Simon you used to guide the army and shoot at the Shawnee.
That was before I saw the light. And then afterwards, because of how cruelly the colonialists were treating the native Americans, I decided to fight for the side that had my conscience, had my morals, instead of those who only wanted free land, and to steal furs away from the Indian masses.

Even George Washington fought for the British, so I guess we all got a lil Benedict Arnold in us.
Brian E

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Sep 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Simon,
I would love to turn the area between Kiddville Rd. and Lulbegrud creek into a park. I am pursuing it as we speak. My plan is to start a distillery to help fund it as well. Obviously this part of the property would still be owned by the business but the majority of the acreage that follows the creek and Kiddville would be turned into a park with a few rugged campsites and walking trails. The remainder would be preserved and untouched. The process would be monitored by state archivists as well as historians and invitations would be sent to the Shawnee and Cherokee tribes to come bless the land and monitor the progress, I have been studying this area and the topic of Boone for over a year now and will continue digging and reading. I live about 15 mins from Ft. Boonesborough so I get lots of access to this history. From all I have read however Boone did not venture that far into the Bluegrass till his trip with Findley and 4 others. When they arrived at Eskippakithiki it had been abandoned and burned. When studying further I found that this was probably because the Shawnee settled here and they were not supposed to. It was supposed to remain as hunting grounds only, as agreed with the Cherokee and perhaps several other tribes. That's just what I've read. I plan to read further.
B
chris

Hartford, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

simon, I also feel the land should be turned into a nation park for the natural heritage to be preserved.I feel the people who had inhabited the land should be compensated. I know if my home was taken I would want it back. I also believe more archeological digs should be done to find out what truely happends. The Mound builders all seemed to vanish out of ohio,kentucky and few others states around the same time. That may be because the were all ran off or murdered or it may be some other cause. I am deeply interested in learning the history of the people that once had a great civilization that thrived here. I feel we need to paint a acurate and clear picture of what really happened, to benefit all races. To truely teach the real history. I am intested to learn about the once great civilization and culture that inhabited the very grounds i walk today. I want to learn about the technological advance they had then. Also,I dont believe the color of skin makes the man. I feel so closely to nature and the ways of the natives that i would love nothing more then to be born in those times. If you wonder my race or heritage, I am German,Irish, Shawnee,Cherokee, and african american. Life is about seeing the whole picture not just a little pixel. You need all colors to see the whole picture.
chris

Hartford, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Nov 29, 2012
 
I ment to address Brian E.
fck you

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

the stinking indians tried fighting the english and guess what, they got their asses whooped and put on a reservation where they should drop an atomic bomb on the nasty things. Simon girty was a traitor and the fool got what was coming to him when they hung his ass from the end of that rope.
BMiller

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Nov 30, 2012
 
Simon Girty wrote:
<quoted text>
R u serious ? You think WHITE people were the ones building the mounds, and other native American artifacts ? That's foolish. That's how brainwashed Kentuckians are. 2 outta 5 can't even read, and lots of apologetic historians pretend like all of the Indians left, and would only visit Kantuk to hunt, like during the afternoons, and then leisurely stroll back into the woods... so this means that white people were just stealing land that nobody was living on... in spite of the millions of dead Indian carcass's that were staining Boone's raccoon hat, and legacy. So first, all of the Indians left, but it didn't even matter, because all of their civilization's accomplishments weren't by the Indians, it was by WHITE people, who I guess happen to have got to the New World before Columbus ? Please...
White people did not build the Indian burial mounds. The Indians did that. And the town of Eskippakithiki was burned down the ground, by white man's hands. Probably something to do with John Finley.
The white man wiped out the Indians, and justice still needs to happen. What was okay for the paleface yesterday is good for them today. Time to reap what you sowed white people!
very interesting article are you threatening the peoples who live their now????? if so thta makes u as illerate as the ones you said was neither you nor me had no part in things that happened that many years ago thats whats wrong with our nation now noone will let the past die our nation will always be at war with each other as long as there are people like u threatening others behind a screen but i do appreciate the information i enjoy the history of my community i live in even though some of it is fabricated
facts

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Dec 2, 2012
 
Simon Girty wrote:
How is the white man gonna declare war on terrorism when he's been the world's main terrorizer since 1492 ? The white man killed the Kentucky Indians, and pretend like he didn't. White man lynced black folks, and pretends like he didn't. White man killing more folks today, in Africa, Middle East... it's not stop. Every where the white man goes, he murders, and kills, and maims, and destroys, and these sick bastards get a hardon to the havoc they have wrought... some of the topix trash from above shows how proud ignorant backward stupid racist rednecks are, he says he "whooped" Indians... genocide isn't a fight. Genocide is a war crime, and justice says those who genocide, should be genocided.
White man is a barbaric terrorist, and that's why none of these topix trash folks have said anything about their Native American roots, because they want to sweep it all under the rug. Your parents have been lying to you kids. White is not right. White means you're a murderer, and you support the murders of Eskippakithiki. I bet you don't even know how to pronounce Eskippakithiki, do ya ?
you couldnt have chosen a worse name to put people down tthis simon guy was one of the biggest instigators and traitors of everyone he came involved with that ever lived if youre goig to teach a history lesson choose a more reliable name that people may believe
yeahh

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Dec 8, 2012
 
Interested wrote:
Very interested in studying the information indepth. Can you tell me where to find this information? I am a descendent of Cuthbert Com
still a david combs in the area most are good peoples hard working people that live in this areathey do preserve the indian mounds that the indians high tailed it and left too
Shawnee guy

Charles City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Hey guys.. I'm doing reseach on Indian old fields, and im quite educated on it. Reading through your guys posts I can agree with most of what you all have wrote. some i disagree with... I'm looking for the location of where the old block house stood if any of you might know?
John Masters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Dec 30, 2012
 
Brian E wrote:
Simon,
I would love to turn the area between Kiddville Rd. and Lulbegrud creek into a park. I am pursuing it as we speak. My plan is to start a distillery to help fund it as well. Obviously this part of the property would still be owned by the business but the majority of the acreage that follows the creek and Kiddville would be turned into a park with a few rugged campsites and walking trails. The remainder would be preserved and untouched. The process would be monitored by state archivists as well as historians and invitations would be sent to the Shawnee and Cherokee tribes to come bless the land and monitor the progress, I have been studying this area and the topic of Boone for over a year now and will continue digging and reading. I live about 15 mins from Ft. Boonesborough so I get lots of access to this history. From all I have read however Boone did not venture that far into the Bluegrass till his trip with Findley and 4 others. When they arrived at Eskippakithiki it had been abandoned and burned. When studying further I found that this was probably because the Shawnee settled here and they were not supposed to. It was supposed to remain as hunting grounds only, as agreed with the Cherokee and perhaps several other tribes. That's just what I've read. I plan to read further.
B
Brian... I like this. Get this done. I read a 2009 article that said an Interstate or big road or something was going to destroy Eskippikithiki, which seems by all accounts, to be one of the few places that historians even admit to being in Kentucky. There should be a survey or sweep or archaelogical dig or something... and a historcal market, a public park, a museum... for all to come and see, but of course the Native Americans, who land was stolen by land hungry greedy savages! BTW I am Simon Girty or was... lol
John Masters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Dec 30, 2012
 
chris wrote:
simon, I also feel the land should be turned into a nation park for the natural heritage to be preserved.I feel the people who had inhabited the land should be compensated. I know if my home was taken I would want it back. I also believe more archeological digs should be done to find out what truely happends. The Mound builders all seemed to vanish out of ohio,kentucky and few others states around the same time. That may be because the were all ran off or murdered or it may be some other cause. I am deeply interested in learning the history of the people that once had a great civilization that thrived here. I feel we need to paint a acurate and clear picture of what really happened, to benefit all races. To truely teach the real history. I am intested to learn about the once great civilization and culture that inhabited the very grounds i walk today. I want to learn about the technological advance they had then. Also,I dont believe the color of skin makes the man. I feel so closely to nature and the ways of the natives that i would love nothing more then to be born in those times. If you wonder my race or heritage, I am German,Irish, Shawnee,Cherokee, and african american. Life is about seeing the whole picture not just a little pixel. You need all colors to see the whole picture.
It's Shawnee... Shawnee Homeland... this is their home. Of course it should be preserved, and never forgotten.
azzz

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Dec 30, 2012
 
Simon Girty wrote:
How is the white man gonna declare war on terrorism when he's been the world's main terrorizer since 1492 ? The white man killed the Kentucky Indians, and pretend like he didn't. White man lynced black folks, and pretends like he didn't. White man killing more folks today, in Africa, Middle East... it's not stop. Every where the white man goes, he murders, and kills, and maims, and destroys, and these sick bastards get a hardon to the havoc they have wrought... some of the topix trash from above shows how proud ignorant backward stupid racist rednecks are, he says he "whooped" Indians... genocide isn't a fight. Genocide is a war crime, and justice says those who genocide, should be genocided.
White man is a barbaric terrorist, and that's why none of these topix trash folks have said anything about their Native American roots, because they want to sweep it all under the rug. Your parents have been lying to you kids. White is not right. White means you're a murderer, and you support the murders of Eskippakithiki. I bet you don't even know how to pronounce Eskippakithiki, do ya ?
i talked to a 101 year old school teacher close to this place you have you,re facts all wrong this wasnt the shawnees home but a hunting ground for all the shawnees cowardly killed people here and ran the deserted the land white man then moved in give you you,re fantasie4s jack restudy youre history
John Masters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Dec 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Oh, so since u talked to somebody, and that person said some stuff... that's all the evidence u need? Ur bout as dmfk as they cum, and ur teachers have been lying to u for years... they rely too much on textbooks, when no good historian does. The Shawnee will never forget what u psychoes did here... on this hallowed ground... yall MURDERED them, yall MURDERED them ALL! I bet if I was culpable in a massive genocide, I'd play stupid too... but then again, I'm not the oppressor, nor do I support Nazi hooliganism, so that's why I point out the wrongs u psychos have done.

Hey dmfk... instead of speakin, u eva think about tomahawkin' urself?
ELMER

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Dec 31, 2012
 
I have ran across John/Johnny masters before. He use to get on Booneville's forum and make trouble. He is like Pam in many ways.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Cornelius Scudmister 150,037
Girls looking for bisexual guys 41 min JwS 4
Cantuckee Diner closed? 41 min jeebs 31
erlena barboza 49 min tonya 1
Richard Estes/arrested 4 times this year? 1 hr Tired of it 1
Polce State 1 hr Sven Borchers 18
Tree Fort 1 hr cowgirl 1,045
Calvary Christian Church Pastor Affair Wed Got it right 79
RIP Danny Thomas (Apr '09) Wed repect 23

Search the Winchester Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Winchester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Winchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Winchester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Winchester
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••