pain killers given in ER.

pain killers given in ER.

Posted in the Winchester Forum

Is this right

Winchester, KY

#1 Feb 19, 2011
You know I was just wondering. You go into an ER no money to pay for the bill, no intention of ever paying for it. They do a procedure to you and tell you to come back in a couple of days and then give you a prescription for 2 antibotics and then proceed to GIVE you painkillers in the ER. Is this sort of like drug pushing even if it maybe for low dose loratabs. Does anyone else see the problem with this.
STOP

Winchester, KY

#2 Feb 19, 2011
Happens every day, what can we do?
what do u mean

Winchester, KY

#3 Feb 19, 2011
Some ERs are more responsible than others...I would be interested in what they found when the person in question's was diagnosed...If they determine that you don't need to be admitted, then they will initiate treatment,like 2 antibiotic pills and pain medicine to take "if needed" til you get to your personal physician. What the "low dose Lortabs" instructions say, "take as needed"? If so, there was no need to take them unless you need them. If antibiotics are needed...the sooner you get started the better...I'm not sure what the complaint is here.

Pain meds ARE for pain and that's why they are manufactured...People don't even have to fill the script if they don't want to. Or if they give them in blister packs at the ER...you don't have to take them. I don't know why you would want to "do" anything about it... Injuries or illnesses that cause walk-in ER visits usually are for pian and/or associated with pain...
whats up

United States

#4 Feb 19, 2011
does any one know anything about elizabeth lancaster i think she goes by beth just curious is what i hear true
Is this right

Winchester, KY

#5 Feb 19, 2011
Prescripitions you have to pay for, like the antibotics I was talking about can choose to get filled or not. Not a high or extra bucks for the one going thru the pain. Pain killers passed out at ER like a drive thru for free drugs take them there selves or sell to someone. Even if you are in pain if you can take an asprin or tylenol and ease the pain give them this not free loratabs. Fake pain shows up all the time. Druggies are good actors. My back hurts, my leg hurts, my tooth hurts any hurt does not always lead to hospital stay but it sure gives you free loratabs. That is all I got to say if they have to buy it then dont see them making a living at breaking even.
what do u mean

Winchester, KY

#6 Feb 19, 2011
Is this right wrote:
Prescripitions you have to pay for, like the antibotics I was talking about can choose to get filled or not. Not a high or extra bucks for the one going thru the pain. Pain killers passed out at ER like a drive thru for free drugs take them there selves or sell to someone. Even if you are in pain if you can take an asprin or tylenol and ease the pain give them this not free loratabs. Fake pain shows up all the time. Druggies are good actors. My back hurts, my leg hurts, my tooth hurts any hurt does not always lead to hospital stay but it sure gives you free loratabs. That is all I got to say if they have to buy it then dont see them making a living at breaking even.
I think you are over dramatizing the subject. There are different thesholds of pain. I'm sorry but I have gone to the ER for a few things and have never been offered pain med if I didn't think I needed it or wanted it. The ERs are constantly scrutinized. They either did give you pain med and they are trying to get you "high" or they didn't give you pain med and they don't care or they are taking it themselves. An ER is abused by people who don't have insurance, especially after 5:00 and the MDs are all gone home. The one's with Medical Cards go there like it's a nite out. They bring their whole families! If a person goes to the ER it is usually for something that can't wait til morning. If all a person needs is a tylenol, then they don't need to be at an ER! If a person can make a living off a couple of pain pills, they must not need much to get by on...
Scotty Greer

Denver, CO

#7 Feb 19, 2011
Put all pill heads out of their misery. Line em up and......BAM, BAM!
Peggy drug abuser

United States

#8 Feb 19, 2011
You should talk to the King of hospital pain pills abuse ! Peggy Willoughby. She will poke her arms for hours so she can get those pills as well as insurance fraud.

She is the worst pill head of them all !!!

She uses and sell Pills. She also goes to Florida to buy them in large amounts.
well big deal

Winchester, KY

#9 Feb 20, 2011
nothing will be done will remain the same.
DrugAddict

United States

#10 Feb 28, 2011
Is this right wrote:
You know I was just wondering. You go into an ER no money to pay for the bill, no intention of ever paying for it. They do a procedure to you and tell you to come back in a couple of days and then give you a prescription for 2 antibotics and then proceed to GIVE you painkillers in the ER. Is this sort of like drug pushing even if it maybe for low dose loratabs. Does anyone else see the problem with this.
You should get something for the $3,500.00 dollars that your Insurance is picking up or however it is being paid. It is the Damed ER that is causing our Healt Insurance to skyrocket, Now put that in your PIPE and smoke it.
jim schotz

Fredericksburg, VA

#11 Jul 3, 2013
Is this right wrote:
people like you are so cynical! I had no insurance when i got hut by a car a couple months ago! And i was a perdstrian! My ,edicade wouldnt come back for a couple more weeks! So i had to go to the e.r.! My leg is broken in 7 places and other issues, i was crying in pain, blood pressure was high from it! Thank god they gave me stuff. Ppl like u say just take tynol but tynol wont help u if u got more than a headache! I never used painkillers till this accident, but now that this has happened, i find it hard to get proper pain killers based on my looks. Even though i have no substance abuse history i get treated like a drug addict cuz of all these druggies taken advantage! But the answer isnt dont help ppl without insurance! Ppl in this country r poor and dont always have health insurance. What is r soltuion? Buying of the street? Getting drunk!? I dont think ppl'have a say until they go through some real pain! So please unless uve been through this situation before, keep ur ignorant mouth shut!
JwS

Chicago, IL

#12 Jul 3, 2013
Is this right wrote:
Well I don't know who they are giving them to, because when I went there with an actual back injury they denied it. I was told I would have to follow with my family dr for pain management. Well my family dr does not prescribe them anymore
well

Lexington, KY

#13 Jul 3, 2013
Everyone will be required to have insurance soon. It will relieve the ones who have been paying for people who don't pay for a long time.
tommy gunn

Winchester, KY

#14 Jul 3, 2013
well wrote:
Everyone will be required to have insurance soon. It will relieve the ones who have been paying for people who don't pay for a long time.
You're prolly one who bitches about Obama all the time but he's the one responsible for everyone having to have healthcare. And there's no more of this bullcrap pre-existing condition. Y'all have ur opinion and I have mine, I voted for Obama and I don't regret it one bit.
JwS

Winchester, KY

#15 Jul 3, 2013
well wrote:
Actually it will be a sliding scale if you meet certain requirements you won't have to have it
so dum

Paris, KY

#16 Jul 3, 2013
Listen pain meds are made for pain not everyone is a junkie or a pusher I think there doing there job of they use there best judgement and then do what they think us best thats what to went to school to do diagnose and help.Your really being silly here are u board and just want to gossip? I'm no junkie but there's been times I'm thankful for a pain med from the doc and everybody handles pain different.What u might be able to cure with an asprin others might need somethin stronger.If ur there and they do give it to u and u dont need it don't take it.Just because there's druggies out there doesn't mean they should stop useiing the meds for what its made to do help people in pain not get some high.
tommy gunn

Winchester, KY

#17 Jul 3, 2013
There was a Dr who once said he'd rather give pain meds to someone who was faking than not give them to someone who really needed them.
well

Lexington, KY

#18 Jul 3, 2013
tommy gunn wrote:
<quoted text>
You're prolly one who bitches about Obama all the time but he's the one responsible for everyone having to have healthcare. And there's no more of this bullcrap pre-existing condition. Y'all have ur opinion and I have mine, I voted for Obama and I don't regret it one bit.
I'm probably not. My opinion is that it's wonderful that people who chose not to pay for health insurance will now have to - which will relieve those of us who have paid all along from having to foot their bills.
well

Lexington, KY

#19 Jul 3, 2013
JwS wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it will be a sliding scale if you meet certain requirements you won't have to have it
It will be cheaper on a subsidized basis so the less you make, the more subsidization you'll qualify for. There are some exemptions. People with income won't be allowed to not carry insurance and have their medical bills paid for by taxpayers anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
People with tattoos have low self esteem (Jun '11) 19 min babe 160
Fairy tails pet spaw/rescue 46 min mom of 6 pets 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr think 165,622
ATTN: winchester police, drug dealers (Sep '15) 6 hr For real 26
Where are they? 10 hr Serious 15
Electrical items 15 hr Who knows 1
Rib and nic 22 hr Teddy 32

Winchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance