Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 141376 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#114202 Oct 7, 2013
Just so you guys don't try to claim I am taking something out of context.
Moses orders the murders for the sole reason of worshiping a golden calf.
Far from having freedom to worship, this tyrant executes anyone who disputes his claims.
America was not founded upon the values of the bible.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#114203 Oct 7, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, there's a location posted for me.
Do you really think I'm in Venice?
Wish I was...it's really beautiful.
I'll be visiting there again someday.
Parlare Italiano, signorita?
American

Frankfort, IL

#114204 Oct 7, 2013
kellerman wrote:
It's not appropriate to teach religion in school. we live in a diverse society and can't teach all religions in schools. One has to keep these separate, it's up to the parents to inform their children on religious upbringing. I thought this issue was long solved, but i see it keeps coming back up.
its also not appropriate to teach kids about tolerance to homosexuality,global warming,liberal thought etc.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#114205 Oct 7, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
While flitting through the woods in your broom you musta banged your head on an oak tree.
Obviously,still suffering from the after effects , you dare post such an absurd excuse which you know to be patently false.
You enter your location not a location.
Those who hide their location ,generally have an ulterior motive for doing so.
People who do not register generally have an ulterior motive for NOT doing so.

This has been explained to you before, but with your cognitive impairment. you lack the ability to comprehend.

When unregistered, it's really according to which major city thread you are in as to what location shows...but when you register you can choose your location as Witch was trying to point out to you.

I don't see anyone else, that is completely obsessed with one's location and whether or not they are more than one moniker.
you're unraveling quickly and this will not end well for you, seek help before it's too late
DuhFrogsayzribbi t

Somerset, KY

#114206 Oct 7, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Diversion from your hypocritical post. Obama is not of the label-dumb, communist.
I will stop using the word when you stop saying hypocritical things.
Okay....

You can start biting your tongue now.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#114207 Oct 7, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
20 And he took the calf the people had made and burned it in the fire; then he ground it to powder, scattered it on the water and made the Israelites drink it.
Do you suppose this is where someone got the idea for Goldschlager?
DuhFrogsayzribbi t

Somerset, KY

#114208 Oct 7, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Many superstitions feel you gain the powers of a person by eating his flesh and drinking his blood. Christians symbolically do this every Sunday. Catholics consider the sacrament actual flesh and blood of Jesus. They worry someone will take the cracker(flesh of Jesus)and perform satanic rituals with it.
Why we must consider this a same act, I cannot understand.
Are you talking about the representative cleansing of wine and Communion wafer? Whole wheat or white? Plain or designed?

United States of America

#114209 Oct 7, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes , let us re-hat.
I posted that SP had admitted to using 6 monikers.
You responded that i had accused you of using 6 monikers , thereby admitting that you were SP.
Simple logic , some might even say it is elementary.
I simply alleged that you post under many different fictitious monikers.
If you have deluded yourself into attributing intelligence to fictitious monikers ,cest la vie.
Must be something in the water .
Actually you've now accused me of being everyone that has posted here in the last 2 years or so...And I've not been posting on this thread that long, but that's how the ramblings of a fool's mind work. I could go back and show the proof of your delusion, but I really don't give a damn.
The more you chew on that bone, the more people will see you for sick individual you are. It's clear your belief system has major flaws, enormous inconsistencies and that explains why you think what you post is true. You are a perfect example of the conditioning that takes place in the religious community.
Now Sit Spot, Fetch, and the last command...{your mind is already doing}.....PLAY DEAD
DuhFrogsayzribbi t

Somerset, KY

#114210 Oct 7, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>No, I did not know. How should I have known? The name is French and in the past, it did have several different spellings. When my ancestors came to Canada the spelling was changed. But when a person takes a name and goes to Germany, the spelling does not change unless he changes it legally. I was in Germany for 18 months. Never changed the spelling.
I do get a chuckle at your paranoia.
I see you answered non of my questions.
Croquette Duquette?
Or maybe it should be crockette Duquette?
Sista

Somerset, KY

#114211 Oct 7, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people are honest and don't hide behind multiple names.
Then there is Yaa, curious, Sista and Known Fact...who, because THEY lie, expect it in others.
I have noticed that curious is starting to sound more and more like Sista, who, in turn is sounding more like Yaa. It's a downward spiral.
KFact though... he just keeps cut and pasting. He sounds like no one.
Changing a moniker is not "lying".

It's changing a moniker.

I have no reason to LIE about anything. What others LIE about, is not MY problem.
So please grow up and stop LYING about me, or I will have to call YOU a liar!
Sista

Somerset, KY

#114212 Oct 7, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you've now accused me of being everyone that has posted here in the last 2 years or so...And I've not been posting on this thread that long, but that's how the ramblings of a fool's mind work. I could go back and show the proof of your delusion, but I really don't give a damn.
The more you chew on that bone, the more people will see you for sick individual you are. It's clear your belief system has major flaws, enormous inconsistencies and that explains why you think what you post is true. You are a perfect example of the conditioning that takes place in the religious community.
Now Sit Spot, Fetch, and the last command...{your mind is already doing}.....PLAY DEAD
Is there some reason why people changing their monikers from time to time, bothers you?

Perhaps you should consider that type of thing more along the lines of what it REALLY is..a "board/bored" game, where people change the little game pieces while playing from time to time.
Sista

Somerset, KY

#114213 Oct 7, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
People who do not register generally have an ulterior motive for NOT doing so.
This has been explained to you before, but with your cognitive impairment. you lack the ability to comprehend.
When unregistered, it's really according to which major city thread you are in as to what location shows...but when you register you can choose your location as Witch was trying to point out to you.
I don't see anyone else, that is completely obsessed with one's location and whether or not they are more than one moniker.
you're unraveling quickly and this will not end well for you, seek help before it's too late
Who cares. It can all be tracked back anyway- no matter the label duhm moniker.

United States of America

#114214 Oct 7, 2013
Knbown Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible requires the animal to be properly bled and so does the FDA.
Proof that you've used at least another moniker as you accidently misspelled when switching back to Known Fact....you see, if you only use one moniker {even if unregistered} that moniker name is already typed in....unless of course you changed it for some reason, then that name will show.

Therefore, when you attempted to reply as your usual moniker Known Fact, in your haste, you made a critical error!

See Above

Any more lies you want to debunk for ya, just let me know.
Sistatrolling

Somerset, KY

#114215 Oct 7, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you tell the difference between when he's trolling and when he's preaching? Delusions, dishonesty and vitriol... They seem exactly the same to me.
Trolling is trolling-NO matter the race, NON creed or color!!!

(as in absolutely NO specific labelDUHm label required!)

United States of America

#114216 Oct 7, 2013
Sista wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there some reason why people changing their monikers from time to time, bothers you?
Perhaps you should consider that type of thing more along the lines of what it REALLY is..a "board/bored" game, where people change the little game pieces while playing from time to time.
It doesn't bother me in the least, take it up with your pal,{dick} he's the one who has the problem.
Sista wrote:
<quoted text>

I completely understand you and {dick} consider your religious beliefs to be consistent to that of a game, why should that bother me, it's you who must stand accountable.
Sistatrolling

Somerset, KY

#114217 Oct 7, 2013
Yawn.

End of boring bored game for today!

United States of America

#114218 Oct 7, 2013
Knbown Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to buy you for what you know and sell you for what you THINK you know. Lottery!
Here's another one!

Oh the tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive!

United States of America

#114219 Oct 7, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction: I have never posted as "Dumb and Dumber" You must have me confused with yourself. I always post as "Known Fact"
Except when you don't.

Ha ha!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#114221 Oct 7, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
While flitting through the woods in your broom you musta banged your head on an oak tree.
Obviously,still suffering from the after effects , you dare post such an absurd excuse which you know to be patently false.
You enter your location not a location.
Those who hide their location ,generally have an ulterior motive for doing so.
Those who hide themselves might not be who they are said to be? Like god?
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#114222 Oct 7, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Did you ever find the part in the bible were Moses kills three thousand people for simply worshiping something he does not believe in?
<quoted text>
Apparently KF doesn't read anything but JW tracts, not even the babble.
Genesis
32:26 Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the LORD's side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.
32:27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.
32:28 And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.
KF must never have read this particular myth.
Oh! I have read it. It is not a myth! Neither was it murder! You should study the Bible enough to know why God does certain things that may appear to an atheist to be murder.

Another example is recorded at: Jeremiah 25:31-38&#8239;“‘A noise will certainly come clear to the farthest part of the earth, for there is a controversy that Jehovah has with the nations. He must personally put himself in judgment with all flesh. As regards the WICKED ones, he must give them to the sword,’ is the utterance of Jehovah.
32&#8239;“This is what Jehovah of armies has said,‘Look! A calamity is going forth from nation to nation, and a great tempest itself will be roused up from the remotest parts of the earth. 33&#8239;And those slain by Jehovah will certainly come to be in that day from one end of the earth clear to the other end of the earth. They will not be bewailed, neither will they be gathered up or be buried. As manure on the surface of the ground they will become.’
34&#8239;“Howl, YOU shepherds, and cry out! And wallow about, YOU majestic ones of the flock, because YOUR days for slaughtering and for YOUR scatterings have been fulfilled, and YOU must fall like a desirable vessel! 35&#8239;And a place to flee to has perished from the shepherds, and a means of escape from the majestic ones of the flock. 36&#8239;Listen! The outcry of the shepherds, and the howling of the majestic ones of the flock, for Jehovah is despoiling their pasturage. 37&#8239;And the peaceful abiding places have been rendered lifeless because of the burning anger of Jehovah. 38&#8239;He has left his covert just like a maned young lion, for their land has become an object of astonishment because of the maltreating sword and because of his burning anger.”

Even governments can give the death penalty to vile criminals and it is not considered murder---but when the ruler of the universe does---you want to twist it around to make God out to be a murderer!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robert Conner AKA RIB (Apr '10) 44 min turt28 16
chuck saylor 1 hr for realz 4
wallie corp 2 hr Heyhey 2
Katie Townsend 4 hr bradon 9
Our Brave Mountaineer 6 hr Tradimus Lumen 5
eric mason #what are your thoughts 9 hr Andy Jackson 14
hello 11 hr lewisgarlen 1
More from around the web

Winchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE